• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

And if you don’t think they haven’t either discussed that or Hazza’s taking The Eriksen’s for a royal dinner sometime, then you aren’t paying attention to our squad spirit IMO...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
You
I’m sure there’s been a discussion but you’re making a huge assumption that Eriksen is happy about it. He might be or he might not be. A lot of people wouldn’t like it.

I have no idea if Eriksen does or not but I’m sure you know his true thoughts on the matter so please do tell....

Mate, leave the drama

For @DeanoAustin as well

- Eriksen has stated in an interview that he believes Harry
- Eriksen is also a guy that gave up a penalty while on a hatrick to VJ to help him out.

Think it's also safe to assume the club & Harry had a conversation with Eriksen.

This is classic social media brick, ohhh the outrage, ohh the hate .. who cares mate

Pool, Chelsea, Leicester are all scummy bricky clubs with racist fans and players, players that fudging bite people, fudge their teammates wives, go on racists gangbangs and their fans or anyone thinks they have a higher ground (and I could go on) because Harry asked for a goal he was in the frame for?

I think this has all blown out of control from the start because of Harry's tweets to Gary Lineker ahead of MOTD. That's when his campaign to get the goal credited to him began. And then the whole "swear on my daughter's life"

He had every right to claim the goal if he got a touch but he should have done it with the club in private with the PL. Now it's just a social media sh!tstorm which does no-one any good.

I think you've got a point - I'd forgotten about Harry tweeting Lineker about this. Maybe he did contribute a bit then to the ensuing comments. (Not that he was wrong to claim to the goal). That helps make some sense of Poch's comment in his press conference yesterday that Harry will "learn from this".

"Of course he never thought that this situation was going to go on to such big things when he was so, so, so, so certain that he touched the ball," the Argentinian added.
"It's normal that he was a little bit disappointed because of course Harry Kane and all of our players have Twitter, Instagram, everything. Tottenham fans will back Harry Kane but other fans will kill him.
"(He is) disappointed because he never wanted to create this. For you, sometimes, it is a small or simple thing and they become bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and you cannot stop it.
"That was what happened. He is going to learn a lot from this."

Edit : Of course there was the 'daughter's life' thing as well.

I love how Poch is just so sanguine about things. And how he turns any bit of controversy into an experience to be learnt from for the player concerned.

Last edited:
A huge deal has been made out of this

Let’s use the VAR rules instead

They ref gave it to Kane. Was there a clear error? No so it’s Kane’s goal
That’s the point, no one in the game would have ever given the goal to Kane because it didn’t look like he touched it. And was there are clear error in giving it to Eriksen? No, so by those standards would be his goal....

Fake news! Leon Osman was in 5 Live yesterday talking about having (unsuccessfully) appealed for a goal decision via the review system twice!!!! It is such a nothing story, but here we are, social media will vomit forth “controversy” and before you know it, history gets rewritten and context be damned!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Did he say what goals mate? We’re they ones he was trying to take off a teammate or own goals he was trying to claim? Because that’s what rubbed people up the wrong way. That and the fact he felt the need to swear on his daughters life, although I don’t have an issue with that if he’s adamant he touched it...

Did he say what goals mate? We’re they ones he was trying to take off a teammate or own goals he was trying to claim? Because that’s what rubbed people up the wrong way. That and the fact he felt the need to swear on his daughters life, although I don’t have an issue with that if he’s adamant he touched it...

Some people can find anything to get worked up about. Most people have, at most, raised a smile about it.

Mate, leave the drama

For @DeanoAustin as well

- Eriksen is also a guy that gave up a penalty while on a hatrick to VJ to help him out.

Think it's also safe to assume the club & Harry had a conversation with Eriksen.

This is classic social media brick, ohhh the outrage, ohh the hate .. who cares mate

Pool, Chelsea, Leicester are all scummy bricky clubs with racist fans and players, players that fudging bite people, fudge their teammates wives, go on racists gangbangs and their fans or anyone thinks they have a higher ground (and I could go on) because Harry asked for a goal he was in the frame for?
I’m over it - I thought it was a bit desperate and tacky but he’s been given the goal so whatever. As for Eriksen just because he says he’s ok with it in the media doesn’t mean he really is. I mean we always get told on here not to believe everything that the club says when talking to the media or is that just when it suits?

Mate, leave the drama

For @DeanoAustin as well

It’s not a massive deal in the scheme of things and it has been blown up because of the prevalence of social media but that’s on Harry in my view for getting the club to appeal because everyone knows that this sort of thing in a gift for people on social media.

I also think people are being naive about the possible effect this has. We’re Harrys biggest fans and I’d say at least 30% of the people on here disapprove of him appealing the award of the goal to Eriksen. Do you really think there isn’t a few of our players who think “Harry’s being a bit of a petty and selfish clam here.” They’re only people too.

Fans talk about our team spirit as if it’s something completely impregnable. It’s not. While our squad seems more together than pretty much any other, that sort of togetherness is tenuous where you have 20-25 blokes with big egos. That applies to us as much as any other club.

I read this morning that if Harry wins the golden boot for the third season in a row he will receive a 1 million pound bonus from Nike. no wonder he is so desperate to claim this goal;):)

Also the club pays him a big bonus for every goal he scores

I was thinking that if it was Ronaldo in this position he would be claiming the goal just like Harry is. That's good enough for me. Harry wants to be the best in the world. To get there he is not going to be universally liked. He will pi $$ people off along the way.

What’s distracting them?

The media attention is a distraction. The players dont live in a prison neither do their families and they are human. We need to be focused on beating City on Saturday to maintain the challenge for second. I am not even going to talk about the effect on team spirit.

I don't think the club would have gone ahead with the appeal if there was any discontent about it (amongst the players).

I dont think theres anyway of gauging how the squad as whole would have felt about it

1)I dont envisage the powers that be sitting the squad all down in a room and ask 'Are you ok if we appeal this to be Kanes goal?'
2) If they did some players would be too afraid to say otherwise, its only natural. Or do you think some secret ballot took place?

Id imagine they're all laughing at the furore it has sparked personally - did you not see the group photo from when Kane got his 100th goal or the few games at the end of last season when our whole game plan seemed to be setup to get Kane the golden boot? That's a group of lads fully behind their star striker afaic and im sure they'd expect nothing less than him to be claiming goals like at the weekend.

Honestly seems like some of you are almost willing there to be a problem here and are just feeding in to the hyperbole, have a bloody word with yourselves :D

Last edited:
I dont think theres anyway of gauging how the squad as whole would have felt about it

1)I dont envisage the powers that be sitting the squad all down in a room and ask 'Are you ok if we appeal this to be Kanes goal?'
2) If they did some players would be too afraid to say otherwise, its only natural. Or do you think some secret ballot took place?

Of course not. I just think that it would be evident if Eriksen were really tinkled off and/or other players thought Harry was being a d1ck.

The whole thing really is a mountain out of a molehill.

The media attention is a distraction. The players dont live in a prison neither do their families and they are human. We need to be focused on beating City on Saturday to maintain the challenge for second. I am not even going to talk about the effect on team spirit.

More attention on here about it than anywhere

I don’t think for one scold the focus of the team has changed

Back