• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Catch-22. Go down easily with little contact, get called a diver, but win more penalties and free kicks. Stay on your feet as whenever possible, but refs rarely blow their whistle when you do, so win fewer penalties and free kicks and decrease the chance of achieving success.

If refs were better at giving free kicks when a player is impeded without going down the choice becomes an easier one. But I would hate to see us miss out on success because our players stay on their feet when fouled.
Let's not forget he also has a chance of scoring by not going down.* Add to that the chance that (a) he might miss anyway (as happened with his first pen at Anfield in the 2-2 draw against Liverpool) and (b) the ref might not award the pen but instead book him for diving. So, does that not make it almost as much of a lottery to go down as to stay on your feet? Certainly suspect this could be true for Dele nowadays.

*Remember Kane's first goal in the 4-1 win against Liverpool at Wembley when he somehow managed to stay on his feet and score despite being off-balance?

Let's not forget he also has a chance of scoring by not going down.* Add to that the chance that (a) he might miss anyway (as happened with his first pen at Anfield in the 2-2 draw against Liverpool) and (b) the ref might not award the pen but instead book him for diving. So, does that not make it almost as much of a lottery to go down as to stay on your feet? Certainly suspect this could be true for Dele nowadays.

*Remember Kane's first goal in the 4-1 win against Liverpool at Wembley when he somehow managed to stay on his feet and score despite being off-balance?

There is a "hunt" on right now, and some of the comments I have read are (IMO) laughable.

I kind of want him rested for the F.A. cup but worry that we cant beat a team bottom of league one with Llorente up front.

He needs a little rest to get properly sharp and then he will start scoring a couple of goals a game again.

Looking further to the future I would give him an extended break after the world cup. He will only play there for 10 days as I doubt England will get out of the group but I would still like him to have a good 5 or 6 weeks off even if it means he misses the first couple of games next season.

I want him to break the August scoring duck ideally, I know it doesn't matter as he scores plenty the rest of the season but it's one of those niggly things.

I kind of want him rested for the F.A. cup but worry that we cant beat a team bottom of league one with Llorente up front.

He needs a little rest to get properly sharp and then he will start scoring a couple of goals a game again.

Looking further to the future I would give him an extended break after the world cup. He will only play there for 10 days as I doubt England will get out of the group but I would still like him to have a good 5 or 6 weeks off even if it means he misses the first couple of games next season.
Play Son up front.

Play Son up front.

I am what I consider to be a little left box as a thinker in how things should and could be done.

I would have one of Griffiths or Sterling starting and the other with Kane on the Bench. Have Son and Moura playing behind and Dier and Winks central midfield. Then Slaughter these part time cnuts.

If KWP or Tripper are injured then I would go into the crowd and pull out a fat 50 year old to play right back ahead of Aurier.

I am what I consider to be a little left box as a thinker in how things should and could be done.

I would have one of Griffiths or Sterling starting and the other with Kane on the Bench. Have Son and Moura playing behind and Dier and Winks central midfield. Then Slaughter these part time cnuts.

If KWP or Tripper are injured then I would go into the crowd and pull out a fat 50 year old to play right back ahead of Aurier.
There is an obvious flaw in your plan.... The fat 50 year old in the crowd is unlikely to have been registered for Spurs prior to the initial match at Rochdale.

Cue England winning the World Cup. :D

There is an obvious flaw in your plan.... The fat 50 year old in the crowd is unlikely to have been registered for Spurs prior to the initial match at Rochdale.

Shoe polish, black him up and pretend he is Aurier. Could do the same in the disabled section with any fans without arms or legs. They would be just as good as Aurier at playing football.

There is a "hunt" on right now, and some of the comments I have read are (IMO) laughable.

There's a simple solution to that mate, stop diving and people will stop talking about it. It's only a matter of time till one of our players gets a retrospective ban for diving and if that happens then we will have no reason to complain if it's a genuine dive. Lanzini got a ban earlier in the season and I don't recall him doing it since.

Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane said he has never felt stronger or more confident as he targets Clive Allen's club-record haul of 49 goals in a season.

Kane equalled last season's tally of 35 goals in all competitions with a late winner at Crystal Palace on Sunday and has 10 more league games, plus at least one more game in both the FA Cup and the Champions League, to surpass Allen.

Allen's total came in 54 appearances in 1986-87 and he has backed Kane to beat his landmark, which many felt would never be broken.

"It's realistic," Kane said after his 88th-minute header sealed a 1-0 win at Selhurst Park. "I've got to keep focused -- I'm on a good run and that's what I'll try to do.

"Obviously it's more important when I score the winners -- that's always a better feeling. I'll keep trying to do that and we'll keep playing well.

"We're 15 unbeaten as a team as well, which is massive. We have to take that momentum forward."

Kane broke Alan Shearer's 22-year-old record for Premier League goals in a calendar year last year, which he also ended as the top scorer in elite European football.

His chances of surpassing Allen will be boosted if Spurs beat Rochdale in Wednesday's FA Cup fifth-round replay at Wembley and come through their Champions League round-of-16 tie with Juventus after a 2-2 draw in Italy.

And the 24-year-old said his all-round game had improved from last season and highlighted his strength.

"I try to work on everything," he said. "This year, especially on recent form, I'm scoring in more games instead of getting braces and hat tricks all the time but getting one goal in six or seven games in a row.

"It's important as a striker to keep that confident feeling, so I'll hopefully try to do that for the rest of the season.

"I definitely feel stronger this year. As I'm getting older and more experienced, I'm developing man strength -- I'm 24 now so it's about time!

"I just feel confident. When you're in good form, you go into every game with defenders wary of what you're doing -- I try to use that as a positive and I just try to use my strength and bring others into play. That's an important part of the game."

Referring to Spurs' summer signing Fernando Llorente, Kane added: "Fernando is great at that.

"He's tall, solid, uses his arms well to push players off, and that's important. I've been watching him in training holding the ball up. I try to learn from every player.

"It's great having him here, he's a great guy and has great experience as well."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....nham-transfer-news-Harry-Kane-Real-Madrid/amp

It depends on Harry and his ambitions for the future and how he sees his career going forward," AVB said.

"If he has a hunger for trophies and for notoriety he would have to leave Spurs, if he has no hunger for that, but (wants) recognition and stability, he would stay at Spurs.“

Don’t you have some Mickey Mouse league to go and manage in then leave after 2 years because you bore everyone to tears with your style of play AVB?

Back