• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It's a funny old game...

August in the Premier League

Burnley - 90 minutes - 10 shots
Chelsea- 90 minutes - 8 shots
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 90 minutes - 6 shots
Liverpool - 83 minutes- 0 shots
Palace - 90 minutes - 6 shots
Everton - 90 minutes - 0 shots
Everton - 90 minutes - 5 shots
Leicester - 90 minutes - 4 shots
Stoke - 64 minutes - 1 shot
ManU - 90 minutes - 3 shots
QPR - 23 minutes - 0 shots
West Ham- 13 minutes - 1 shot
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - 8 minutes - 0 shots

Total - 911 minutes - 44 shots

Other games he played in August
Europa League
AEL Limassol(h) 90 minutes - 1 goal
AEL Limassol(a) 90 minutes - 1 goal

Europa League
Dinamo Tbilisi(a) 19 minutes - 0 goals
Dinamo Tbilisi(h) 45 minutes - 0 goals

Europa League
Hearts 90 minutes - 0 goals

Does anyone ever read the first few pages of player threads after they have been established just to see peoples early opinions, this one is gold :)
"Let's face it...if Harry Kane is the current answer, it's a damn shame there's even a question!"
and "I don't think he is next Rooney"

:cool:

I was looking at my early Kane post......and it looks OK. Which must be a first for me.
I normally make a fool of myself with player early reviews:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: rxl
Does anyone ever read the first few pages of player threads after they have been established just to see peoples early opinions, this one is gold :)

I just wish that the people who were quickest to write a player off would. It might make them a bit more measured in future.

I'd prefer to see Soldado playing every game.

Said by myself a few years ago!

In response to

Thought he was excellent tonight.

Definitely reckon that if Kane played for an Everton or a Southampton he would have had plenty more opportunities, but our squad is so deep that he's not really been given that much of a chance.

Would love to see him start every game left this season. Give him a run in the team while there's little pressure on us and lets see what he can do

Thereby showing why I'm a season ticket holder and not a manager.

A few months later and I'd realised the errors of my way.

I think that Kane is a young Ricky Lambert.

I used to think that Kane was useless and that he'd never make the step up. I was wrong. His performances over the tail end of last season, and the start of this season have shown that he does have a future in the top flight, hopefully with us.

Though I was still thinking he'd be like Ricky Lambert.

Whenever I have seen him this season he has demonstrated football intelligence. He has a touch of the Sheringham's about him. He is not a flashy player, but is generally solid, doing the simple thing. Worth persevering with, I think to see if he can move to the next level.

Prescient, no?

I am bloody glad I only started commenting on him towards the end of 13/14, let me tell you. :p

I think you have hit the tickle my balls with a feather... He probably doesn't realise how good he can be. The best strikers have an arrogance about them and they show it on and off the pitch

It needs avian to sit down with him and show him the good stuff he does and can do

Well I thought he need training from a bird

And he wasn't arrogant enough which is he is. Kane has the confidence needed to succeed simply put

It's a funny old game...

August in the Premier League

Burnley - 90 minutes - 10 shots
Chelsea- 90 minutes - 8 shots
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 90 minutes - 6 shots
Liverpool - 83 minutes- 0 shots
Palace - 90 minutes - 6 shots
Everton - 90 minutes - 0 shots
Everton - 90 minutes - 5 shots
Leicester - 90 minutes - 4 shots
Stoke - 64 minutes - 1 shot
ManU - 90 minutes - 3 shots
QPR - 23 minutes - 0 shots
West Ham- 13 minutes - 1 shot
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - 8 minutes - 0 shots

Total - 911 minutes - 44 shots

That tweet is the perfect response from him to all the media types making a big thing out of it.

He needs to be England captain permanently rather than spreading it around

Approaching midnight on Friday night at Malta’s National Stadium in Ta’ Qali and, even in flattering victory, the fallout felt familiar. Plenty of travelling England supporters had left an admittedly remotely positioned arena long before the late flurry of goals that added gloss after all the huff and puff. Players traipsed away, a step closer to World Cup qualification, but wary, compelled to address booing, frustration and discontent. And this after a 4-0 win.

Harry Kane, rapidly becoming a talisman for this team, was willing to confront the discord. “Everyone just needs to stay patient,” the striker said. “Obviously the fans can be frustrated. We were frustrated, too, in that first half. We always want to blow teams away, but it doesn’t always happen like that, especially in games like this when people always underestimate the opposition, and especially away from home. They can do what they want and they just have to stay patient as we did. When people looked at this on Saturday morning and saw a 4-0 result they’d say that’s what people would have expected.

“It takes a lot of commitment to reach the top, starting from a young age, dedication and you have to be a top professional to play for your country. Anyone who says otherwise I don’t think they understand what it takes ... it’s probably why they’re sitting at home watching and we’re out there playing.

“I’m extremely proud to represent my country and I know the other players are. We’re by no means the finished article. But we’ve got to stay patient as a country, together, because it’s not going to happen overnight.”

Those within the setup can spy progress, even if it is not always as simple to see from the outside looking in. They can point to the team refusing to panic against Malta when the hosts, ranked 190 in the world, did not fold in the early stages and, rather, doggedly pursued the victory that ultimately appeared comfortable. The optimist in Gareth Southgate would hope that is an indication lessons have been learned in the period since Iceland in Nice at Euro 2016.

Advertisement
Then there was Marcus Rashford’s impact off the bench and the ruthlessness of the latter stages against tiring opponents. The manager described it as “a professional job”, though a far sterner test awaits on Monday. Slovakia, in contrast to the Maltese, are 22nd in the world, on England’s shoulder in the group and bolstered by five successive wins in the section.

At least England and Southgate have Kane. The two goals in Ta’ Qali took his international tally to 10 from 20 caps, and five in his past three appearances. His timing has been in, whether deflating the Maltese or securing the late point in Scotland just as his team appeared broken. Throw in a couple of goals at Stade de France, even in a friendly defeat, and he has established himself as a figure upon whom the national team can rely. “I’m glad we have got him,” said Southgate. “As a coach, to be able to pick players of that quality is a privilege. He’s there absolutely on merit. His performances over the last two seasons with club and country justify that. We’re fortunate to have him as a top-quality player.”

Kane said: “It’s just a case of being a bit more experienced at this level. I’ve now got 20 caps, so it’s just a case of getting used to playing with these players. When you play for England you’re going to get more chances and it’s just a case of taking them. I’ve felt sharp all season and I knew if I got a couple of chances on Friday I’d take them and that’s what happened. I’ll carry that burden of expectations and I’ll relish it.”

Overreliance must not become too much of an issue, particularly post-Wayne Rooney. England could turn to Rashford on Friday, tapping into buoyant club form from Manchester United, as well as Danny Welbeck and Jamie Vardy from the bench. Jermain Defoe and Daniel Sturridge were not required. It would be unwise to overreact after a win over Malta, and all of that group have, at one stage or another, looked ineffective against cannier international opposition in the past, just as the entire England team have, but there is clearly depth there and players Southgate is learning to place trust.

“We’re fortunate we’ve got some real quality and people who can make a massive impact off the bench as well,” he said. “Last season, we didn’t have Harry for six of our eight matches, so it’s crucial we have that depth. But one thing for certain is we will score goals as a team. We have done that against everybody except Germany, really – two against Spain, two against France – so we have shown evidence of being able to score, even if we also need to be able to score in different ways. Opponents will defend in different ways against us.”

Slovakia should be rugged and robust, as they were in Trnava as Sam Allardyce squeezed out a victory in his only game in charge, courtesy of Adam Lallana’s solitary goal deep into stoppage time. They will not be pushovers and there will presumably be periods when frustration mounts again and the home side crave a creative central midfielder to unlock stubborn opposition. But, if chances can be created from the industry, Kane will be there to take them.

“We can put a big marker down on Monday,” he said. “But we just need to stay patient, stay relaxed and see what happens.”

I doubt I was involved in this thread but I can safely say I wrote him off completely as a bit of a donkey who wouldnt even make it in the championship.

Heres the thing that gets lost online though, just because I thought that then doesnt mean Im not absolutely delighted to have been so completely wrong!

I doubt I was involved in this thread but I can safely say I wrote him off completely as a bit of a donkey who wouldnt even make it in the championship.

Heres the thing that gets lost online though, just because I thought that then doesnt mean Im not absolutely delighted to have been so completely wrong!

There is nothing wrong with your initial opinion or you changing your views. Kane has proven many of us wrong and for that he deserves massive credit

Players evolve over time

Rashford was not held in any regard at united (sure their fans will disagree though) but they had no one fit to play a league cup game and threw him in.., now he is one of their best attacking players at 19 as he took his chance and is clearly better with better players

Back