• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

One option would be to negotiate a price of £18-20m while another would be to simply sign another striker.As much as I want Berahino he is not the player on the face of this earth

It's not just Berahino its ANY player. There seems to be a school of thought on the board that if Poch wants a player Levy should buy them whatever the cost as quickly as he can. The last team that had that system disappeared in to the 1st division after a glory year of Champions League football. I'd sooner finish 6th than play Sclamhorpe in two year's time.

It's not just Berahino its ANY player. There seems to be a school of thought on the board that if Poch wants a player Levy should buy them whatever the cost as quickly as he can. The last team that had that system disappeared in to the 1st division after a glory year of Champions League football. I'd sooner finish 6th than play Sclamhorpe in two year's time.

Like I said - another would be to simply sign another striker
Berahino is not the only striker out there. But it was a dumb move to start the season with just Kane

Agreed he's not but then do you sign A striker or one the manager wants?

Look, all I know is that by April both chairman and coach both knew neither Ade or Soldado had any long term future at the club, it was patiently obvious to all. That is over 4 months to come to some agreement as to who the options should be. As far as I am concerned this was a "management" feck up of monumental proportions. This is their fecking job, it is what they are paid to do. I do not have an international scouting network to advise me they do

Last edited:
Look all I know that by April both chairman and coach both knew neither Ade or Soldado had no long term future at the club, it was patiently obvious to all. That is over 4 months to come to some agreement as to who the options should be. As far as I am concerned this was a "management" feck up of monumental proportions. This is their fecking job, it is what they are paid to do. I do not have an international scouting network to advise me they do

and the last time we were in that position we threw a massive lump on someone who scored for fun in the Spanish league, remind me how many goals did he get?

perhaps this time round they wanted a specific player not just A Striker.

and the last time we were in that position we threw a massive lump on someone who scored for fun in the Spanish league, remind me how many goals did he get?

they have still had enough time to solve the situation

IF they wanted a specific player then they should signed him.

IF they wanted a specific player then they should signed him.

and back round to where we began.

Do you advocate buying the striker they want regardless of price, even if that striker is overpriced by £5m to £10m and the selling team won't budge from that price?

Do you advocate buying the striker they want regardless of price, even if that striker is overpriced by £5m to £10m and the selling team won't budge from that price?

Well I would not be dumb enough to go after a "specific player" with no other options unless I was ready to go the whole way

a club will refuse any offer if it doesn't reach their valuation and at that point you've probably overpaid.

Well you are the person who brought the "specific player" into the discussion not me. If you want a specific player you often have to overpay, hence I suggested we go after other options which to me is the reasonable thing to do.

a club will refuse any offer if it doesn't reach their valuation and at that point you've probably overpaid.

Come to think of it, if you are after a "specific player", it is quite natural that you will have to over pay to close the deal if the selling club is not keen on selling, it goes with the territory, and I have no problem with that, especially with the new tv contract kicking in and at the same time the club are losing precious points

Are people actually trying to argue that we did not mess up by going into the new season with only one recognised striker, having known for months that two of the three at the club have no future with us?

We haven't had a full toolbox for over 20 years now and paying too much to fill it doesn't mean those tools are the best for the job. Maybe N'jie was available but he might also have been third on a list Poch gave to Levy and when he couldn't get the first two time had passed.

Edit: I also doubt N'jie would've prevented us losing a two goal lead going by what I've seen of todays performance.

I don't like to say it, but Njie was on the list of targets for some time. Not sure if you saw the whole game. And not saying he necessarily would've prevent the loss of a 2 goal lead, but will absolutely say he would've stretched Stoke's defense and forced them onto the back foot; we would not have lost IMO.

If anything thinks Nije an play as a lone target man the id like to see why
He is a Pacey forward type winger but doesn't look like a striker to me

Not a striker per se, but as part of a front four, he could most certainly stretch with his pace/allow an outlet, which might then give Chadli a little more space to operate as a striker in emergency situations such as that which we had today.

Of course (and to agree somewhat with one of camper's points) we had a player come on today who I think it is fair to say had his worst appearance for the club in some time (Lamela). It was a woeful performance, you'd have been looking for him to get the ball and create/hold it a touch when possible and track back. He did none. Thus Chadli, already not the ideal man in that position, had the no-speed of Moussa, the mercurial Eriksen and the deceptive Lamela; he was easy to mark!

Absolutely not true whatsoever in my case personally. But IF your manager wants a player, support him, especially when it isn't at 'any price' but a couple of million and some sort of entrenched game with another chairman. I would firmly retort that perhaps some should not believe that every single transfer runs along the same lines. I agree wholeheartedly with not over-paying vastly (thus why I am happy not to see 25 million thrown at the baggies for Berahino) however this was a different situation and a different player. In fact, that you have automatically jumped off the ledge into Leeds-land for a comparison tells me that perhaps you don't fully grasp the point being made here?

I look at lamella and see how little he offered other than making the team look incredibly disjointed and allowing them to get into out half with ease

His performance today makes me believe in corruption in sport it was that bad!!!

We have go sign at least two strikers if we genuinely want to compete and one very good one if we want to stand still

But that is a question which requires MUCH context. WHAT are the figures being discussed, and how important is the target to the manager? It is absolutely clear that there are many players we should not be baited into. Equally, there have been a couple where you have to wonder what the extra couple of million might've done?

Back