• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Great interview
Interesting the way he always says Tottenham and Tottenham fans, rather than "us". Its a fans choice of words ( fan of someone else), and I respect that.

He also says he thinks Onomah and Winks will get chances.

My favourite bit of the interview was strikers versus probability

“Defoe told me once ‘if I miss a chance then the odds are now in my favour to score the next one because the chances of missing two in a row are less than missing one’. And that’s what I try and take. If I miss, then the next one is more in my favour to score. It’s about little things like that.”

He'll get 20+ goals. We can all be cynical and expect him to move in X number of years, but I am going to really enjoy watching him play whilst he keeps that number 10 shirt living in hope that he doesn't leave and keeps on performing.

He has to be among the very best footballer interviewees ever, says all the right things in the most grounded, unaffected way, yet on the pitch he's both as tough as well as successful as the best of 'em.

Makes me mighty proud to be a Spurs fan.

From the telegraph article:

Kane was handed the number 18 shirt by Jermain Defoe when he left Spurs. The striker’s parting words were “there are goals in that shirt”

Nice touch from Defoe.

My favourite bit of the interview was strikers versus probability

“Defoe told me once ‘if I miss a chance then the odds are now in my favour to score the next one because the chances of missing two in a row are less than missing one’. And that’s what I try and take. If I miss, then the next one is more in my favour to score. It’s about little things like that.”
Yeah, not the brightest bunch are they?

Makes the task of making them believe in themselves that much easier!!

Maybe that was Soldado's problem... He was too bright and actually realised the chance was exactly the same? Stay stupid Harry! :)

Come to think of it, I've never played football with a bright forward. I've played with those who have "football intelligence" like Gazza, but never actual intelligence.

I've played with and against a few bright defenders and keepers though.

Come to think of it, I've never played football with a bright forward. I've played with those who have "football intelligence" like Gazza, but never actual intelligence.

I've played with and against a few bright defenders and keepers though.

Linekar? I think it's quite hard to guage intelligence when all we hear is bland interview after interview. Shearer seems quite switched on.

Back