• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The issue is: Kane would happily stay this season and walk next. That is even more attractive now with Postecoglou. But the club need Kane to sign a contract (with a break clause) to allow that to happen. It could be a miserable transfer, where player and club don't really wish to part company right now, but becuase of the contract situation, it gets done.

Of course Kane will relish playing for a new side but it would be a shame to miss out on banging in 4 goals a game under Postecoglou. Need Kane to sign on, need Levy to give him a contractual option of an exit next summer, so everyone wins...

The flip side to that is that it's more valuable to us to push for CL and Kane to go on free than it is to sell him now.

The flip side to that is that it's more valuable to us to push for CL and Kane to go on free than it is to sell him now.

Thats where I think the club would have made their assessment. I don't buy the idea the clubs skint TBH, I do think if it's tricky I would sell and rebuild up top, but that said the club must know their walk away price where they have in mind his value to the team knowing he walks away for free

He really needs 2 seasons to get the PL Record. Give him the 400k/week or whatever he wants within reason, make him Club Captain, sign a 2 year extension with an option to leave in May 2025 if he has caught Shearer

I think 2 year contract £450k per week, club captain and summer 2024 €100m release clause for non PL clubs.

Sounds like Bayern are offering €100m and we want £100m but if Kane agrees to the above I think its fair that we make the release clause €100m next summer as he would have helped us out signing that 2 year deal.

I think that proposal is just about attractive enough to satisfy all parties.

Thats where I think the club would have made their assessment. I don't buy the idea the clubs skint TBH, I do think if it's tricky I would sell and rebuild up top, but that said the club must know their walk away price where they have in mind his value to the team knowing he walks away for free
And it's "one less problem" to have to fix this window.
Better to focus on letting Ange gets the squad and tactics he wants in place, rebuild the broken CB position and see what he can make out of our £60m centre forward.
It's quite possible that if Kane goes on a free next summer that we won't need to sign a replacement.

And it's "one less problem" to have to fix this window.
Better to focus on letting Ange gets the squad and tactics he wants in place, rebuild the broken CB position and see what he can make out of our £60m centre forward.
It's quite possible that if Kane goes on a free next summer that we won't need to sign a replacement.

Yeh or all the money in next years window can go on one quality replacement if we fix more broken parts this year. Time will tell

I loved the deluded Gooner on TalkSport who reckoned Arsenal will be signing him on Deadline Day for £30m.

Jamie O'Hara just laughed him off

Is it? How much is one season of CL worth?

Direct income.
Plus income from additional and increased sponsorship.
Plus reputational value being restored.
Plus a draw to sign better players.
Etc etc.
Plus increased possibility of qualifying again.

It's value is mahoosive.

I think 2 year contract £450k per week, club captain and summer 2024 €100m release clause for non PL clubs.

Sounds like Bayern are offering €100m and we want £100m but if Kane agrees to the above I think its fair that we make the release clause €100m next summer as he would have helped us out signing that 2 year deal.

I think that proposal is just about attractive enough to satisfy all parties.

That's a terrible deal for Kane though, sure he'd get a nice salary bump but he's loaded anyway and moving on a free next year would get him an even bigger salary.

That's a terrible deal for Kane though, sure he'd get a nice salary bump but he's loaded anyway and moving on a free next year would get him an even bigger salary.
I’m not saying it’s impossible but I just don’t see him signing a new deal so I totally agree with this. He can pick any European team in January and any team period in June. The only way he signs a new contract is if we get some stupid rich sovereign wealth fund daddy to buy the club and offer him Ronaldo/Messi wages on top of renaming Spurs to “The Harry Kane Team” which would also satisfy Pep Guardiola.

What a great player, I feel so happy I’ve been able to watch him play for us.

If you have to ask the Mcvalue, you can't afford the Mcfee.
Why not question the narrative that it’s worth forgoing €80m+ for 1 more year of Kane on the assumption that it increases our chances of getting into the top 4? As well as making it very likely that one of our direct competitors will sign him for free within 12 months.

Maybe he is not all about money, whilst having a genuine love for the club and therefore ideally doesn’t want to leave for free. Perhaps he is also intrigued to see how things go with Ange in this new system.

If all that was true then you can quickly see how my proposal works well for all parties.

Direct income.
Plus income from additional and increased sponsorship.
Plus reputational value being restored.
Plus a draw to sign better players.
Etc etc.
Plus increased possibility of qualifying again.

Its value is mahoosive.

In respect of signing better players…Our team got progressively worse during our extended champions league foray!

In respect of signing better players…Our team got progressively worse during our extended champions league foray!
If that's your reference point, we should probably just stop ever qualifying for the CL.
CL qualification is attractive to players, and generates the money to pay them

Reactions: DTA
Back