• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I don't particularly want him to leave, but i also don't think we should be absolutely smashing our wage structure to keep him.
That's a whole can of poop we don't need to be opening.

With his goal scoring record do you not think he is worth a minimum of £300K a week to us? There is zero hope his next contract will be less than that wherever he signs. If he leaves us it will be much more than that.

With his goal scoring record do you not think he is worth a minimum of £300K a week to us? There is zero hope his next contract will be less than that wherever he signs. If he leaves us it will be much more than that.

It's not just him though is it, it sets a mark for everyone at the club and every future signing.
What he gets at another club is irrelevant to us, but i bet if he leaves his next wage will within that clubs wage structure.

We're not going to win anything soon. Getting into top four is going to be much tougher now too. Having the funds for a proper and complete rebuild should be the priority now. I'd be sad to see Kane go but if he funds more and better players it's acceptable to me. Also we still have £60m striker sitting on the bench too much and it's wasteful.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I don't particularly want him to leave, but i also don't think we should be absolutely smashing our wage structure to keep him.
That's a whole can of poop we don't need to be opening.
You wouldn't though, he'd be the highest earner (but in line with the wage structure) and receive a big fat signing on fee. You'd pay at least £50m for someone of Kane's caliber, Bayern are willing to pay £70m.

We're not going to win anything soon. Getting into top four is going to be much tougher now too. Having the funds for a proper and complete rebuild should be the priority now. I'd be sad to see Kane go but if he funds more and better players it's acceptable to me. Also we still have £60m striker sitting on the bench too much and it's wasteful.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I think you need to look at it differently

- We have a new manager who is going to play a completely new system and style
- We already will need to change a minimum of 3 starters, one of which is GK (imo, one of the more difficult replacements)
- Having Kane in side will likely ensure easier start for manager as well as improve chances for Europe next season (£ value in itself)

In that context, keeping Harry for another season even if we lose out completely on the sale vastly improves Ange's chance of success and speed to settling in, gives us a much better shot at Europe revenue next season and gives Ange opportunity to work with goal output of Son, Deki, Richi, Maddison (?) while still having Kane.

Outside of an outright stupid offer, I'd argue keeping is the obvious right choice.

The thought of our attack without him gives us nightmares, dread to think how bad last season would have been without him. I think we make him stay and if his goals get us into the CL it will be well worth it. He might even change his mind anyway and extend for a year but looks unlikely.

Only hindsight will tell. Either way, there'll be plenty criticising the club's hierarchy for whichever decision they make.

If I offered you top 4 for £100m, would you take it? Seems cheap given that's just 3 "decent" signings these days.

Selling Kane could be really useful in the rebuild. Perhaps his goals have been masking poor management and/or a humdrum midfield. But then, we all remember the hash we made of the Bale money. Eriksen and Lamela aside, of course.

I just hope that, whatever happens, Levy and Ange have a plan.

I dont think we're even contemplating him leaving. That's been the narrative from theclub and I also think that if we'd been sniffing around replacement CFs, you'd see links about that in the press, just like all the CB links

Also assuming we complete Maddison and get a couple CBs in, there's the potential for a much better feel-good atmosphere around the club next season. I dont think its impossible therefore that he signs a new deal. Would obviously be helpful if we picked up a cup next season

Back