• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I'm sick and tired of hearing about it tbh direct free kicks result in so few goals it's just not a topic that warrants such agonising over.

Kane is a senior member of the squad, well liked and respected, if he wants to take them the other players let him have at it - it's nothing more than that.
I am sick and tired of hearing how hugo can't kick, dier can't tackle, Davies can't jump blah blah blah, it is what it is, but it does not change the fact that kane is not good at free kicks.
Son has scored a few recently for Korea, granted that its international level so maybe not as high a standard defending but he does have the technique. Kane doesn't.

I am sick and tired of hearing how hugo can't kick, dier can't tackle, Davies can't jump blah blah blah, it is what it is, but it does not change the fact that kane is not good at free kicks.
Son has scored a few recently for Korea, granted that its international level so maybe not as high a standard defending but he does have the technique. Kane doesn't.

Up to Son to force the issue then

I'm sick and tired of hearing about it tbh direct free kicks result in so few goals it's just not a topic that warrants such agonising over.

Kane is a senior member of the squad, well liked and respected, if he wants to take them the other players let him have at it - it's nothing more than that.

I can see why it irks people, including the players. The fact is he is so bad at them he should not have been allowed to take them for this long. When was his last goal? Villa in 2014 when Poch was still here? And that one took a mahoosive deflection! We’ve got 3-4 players who would do a much better job. Take the point you don’t get many goals from them, but it’s another method of scoring a goal, especially when having an off day. Cheap goals from set pieces can win you a game. Or at the very least you can force a corner or a penalty from a well taken one. Kane’s FK’s almost always inevitably end up in the keepers arms or in the stands.

I think at this level the game is about small percentages...and Kane and his free kicks are contributing near on zero percent. It's an area we are blatantly ignoring...even with a set play expert onboard.

What benefit do we get for assaulting the guys in the opposition wall? It's like he's not even trying to hit the target; he's trying to make widows.

Crocked?
It’s just an alternative way of treating historical issues
It’s very normal for players to have specific training or treatment around a weakness, whether it be skills based or injury based
Players can be broken but still play… hell Maradona played regular whilst off his tits.
Yeah, but he was so coked up he could have played with both his legs broken (and still played well, mind). If Kane had played for Liverpool, he probably would have ran like a prime time elf right now.

Allegedly.

Me too. I just worry the hierarchy feel that if we start rotating him he will decide I can go and do this somewhere else, for more money and pick up some trophies which seems to be the main stick left to beat him with. The fact someone of Conte's standing and by all accounts an obsessed control freak who's obsessed with winning still lets him preside over free kicks makes me question if we are edging to a place where he is holding too much power.
It might well be my imagination and worst case scenario talking, but just a couple of seasons ago he and Son looked like they couldn't get enough of each other and probably shared beds. Son becomes the top scorer and suddenly the drop in team play is very noticeable. I know them both as shoot first players so some selfishness is to be expected, but something's off - at least to me.

It might well be my imagination and worst case scenario talking, but just a couple of seasons ago he and Son looked like they couldn't get enough of each other and probably shared beds. Son becomes the top scorer and suddenly the drop in team play is very noticeable. I know them both as shoot first players so some selfishness is to be expected, but something's off - at least to me.
The only thing that is off is the passing. They've tried to find each other just the pass has constantly been poor, especially from Son.

If it's the cross I'm thinking of it was actually a poor cross from Son. The ball was sent in at a poor height and too hard. If it was at a decent height, preferably low then it was a tap in for Kane.

dunno about that, looked to me like one of them you just have to get anything on and the pace will do the rest

If it's the cross I'm thinking of it was actually a poor cross from Son. The ball was sent in at a poor height and too hard. If it was at a decent height, preferably low then it was a tap in for Kane.
If that were Haaland on the end of that cross from Son, you know it'd be in the back of the net. Sure, delivery could've been better on that cross but like @Baleforce said, Kane just needed to sneeze at it for a goal. Sums up the night of 0 shots on target.

If that were Haaland on the end of that cross from Son, you know it'd be in the back of the net. Sure, delivery could've been better on that cross but like @Baleforce said, Kane just needed to sneeze at it for a goal. Sums up the night of 0 shots on target.
The ball was at waist height at pace, probably the most awkward height to deal with a ball. Haaland is taller, faster and more mobile, so he probably would've scored, but he's about the only one that would.
It was a poor ball and so was the ball from Richy to Son, a decent one there and Son would've been in on goal himself instead of being forced to cross.

Back