• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane has had to change his game because of all the ankle problems he has suffered over the years, i am amazed that some doubt that is what has happened. He is still a great player but you could see a couple of seasons back that he has had to adapt his game because of it.
I don't think anyone has said his game hasn't changed, just some saying he's basically finished and we should move him on.
He's our top scorer, second highest in the league and still our most creative and best player. Just because his game has changed doesn't mean he isn't as effective or as important to the team.

Crocked?
It’s just an alternative way of treating historical issues
It’s very normal for players to have specific training or treatment around a weakness, whether it be skills based or injury based
Players can be broken but still play… hell Maradona played regular whilst off his tits. Plenty from players still played whilst half cut
I don’t think he is getting worse at all. He has 7 goals this season with a team that isn’t flowing

Further to your point, Maradona played half-crocked often given the assaults he suffered on the pitch.
I think the story firmly files into the 'content needed, found and published' files. I am sure many pros these days do similar.

I don't think anyone has said his game hasn't changed, just some saying he's basically finished and we should move him on.
He's our top scorer, second highest in the league and still our most creative and best player. Just because his game has changed doesn't mean he isn't as effective or as important to the team.
Not having a liable backup also meant he's had to play a brickload of matches. I only begrudge Kane for starting in the CL final, ok, that and still taking free kicks.

IMO, unless we protect him this month by resting him, Kane will be hurt by Liverpool H…we simply cannot expect him to play the amount of football he is playing.
We have the back up
We can’t play him though as he is playing back to another player who is injured, who we can’t replace with his back up because he is injured….

We have the back up
We can’t play him though as he is playing back to another player who is injured, who we can’t replace with his back up because he is injured….

Richarlison should simply be a back up to Kane, not played out wide. We had the chance to play Skipp or Bissouma and take out one of those forwards but Conte really doesn't seem to want to play 352, Even though it's been suggested he wanted to play it recently but Bissouma hasn't been fit enough yet.
Playing all 3 fit strikers at the same time with no other forwards on the bench seems a strange

I think the number of matches / minutes thing isn't just down to a lack of cover, it's also a deference we seem to show Kane to reflect his past contribution and maybe to give him the one thing a cash doped trophy winning side can't. Add free kicks to that too.

I love the guy and I'm not sure we'll see his like again, but recently it has started to have echoes of Shearer's last couple seasons at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Ironically the reason I thought his record wouldn't be broken due to the subsequent increase in rotation, substitutions, squad depth and player / manager turnover and the situation where Saudi Sportswashing Machine weren't really competing for honours but he remained their talisman, may be the reason Kane ends up breaking it!

I think the number of matches / minutes thing isn't just down to a lack of cover, it's also a deference we seem to show Kane to reflect his past contribution and maybe to give him the one thing a cash doped trophy winning side can't. Add free kicks to that too.

I love the guy and I'm not sure we'll see his like again, but recently it has started to have echoes of Shearer's last couple seasons at Saudi Sportswashing Outfit. Ironically the reason I thought his record wouldn't be broken due to the subsequent increase in rotation, substitutions, squad depth and player / manager turnover and the situation where Saudi Sportswashing Outfit weren't really competing for honours but he remained their talisman, may be the reason Kane ends up breaking it!

On the must play part i think you're right, but i hope you're wrong.

On the must play part i think you're right, but i hope you're wrong.
Me too. I just worry the hierarchy feel that if we start rotating him he will decide I can go and do this somewhere else, for more money and pick up some trophies which seems to be the main stick left to beat him with. The fact someone of Conte's standing and by all accounts an obsessed control freak who's obsessed with winning still lets him preside over free kicks makes me question if we are edging to a place where he is holding too much power.

Presumably England have the same deal with him as he seemingly never gets rotated out there either?

He plays because managers rely on goals being scored to win games, that's all there is to it really.

He plays because managers rely on goals being scored to win games

So why is he taking free kicks?
Not only is he not scoring from but when was the last time a Harry kane free kick resulted in a goal?
The one on Saturday actually led to a counter attack, and it wasn't the first one.

Move him on and reinvest. With Conte and hopefully in the CL still we should be able to attract someone younger. After all, Son is a year older and needs to be replaced eventually.

Keep Kane and change his role to playmaker to feed the more mobile forwards we have. Take him off free kicks but he can still be on penalties or at the end of set pieces where his lack of mobility won't be tested.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Do people actually think he has a free kick clause? I've got some magic beans I'd like to sell you if so.

I seriously hope not, there would be a lot of tinkled off people if therr was.
Son is probably be on a goal bonus, if not with the club definitely with his sponsors, not mention what the golden boot would be worth, one fk last year and it was sons.

I seriously hope not, there would be a lot of tinkled off people if therr was.
Son is probably be on a goal bonus, if not with the club definitely with his sponsors, not mention what the golden boot would be worth, one fk last year and it was sons.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about it tbh direct free kicks result in so few goals it's just not a topic that warrants such agonising over.

Kane is a senior member of the squad, well liked and respected, if he wants to take them the other players let him have at it - it's nothing more than that.

I wonder what our new set piece coach is doing? It's clear we have some new routines for corners but has he not started working on direct free kicks yet? I would have expected a few cool routines with players doing the hokey pokey followed by a Kane dummy and then Royal curling one in the top corner by now.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about it tbh direct free kicks result in so few goals it's just not a topic that warrants such agonising over.

Kane is a senior member of the squad, well liked and respected, if he wants to take them the other players let him have at it - it's nothing more than that.
But he's bad at them, other players we have do a better job. If it's a meritocracy then he shouldn't be taking them.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back