• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

We don't know that it's several years away though. I do like you think it will be some years from now but it doesn't always happen like that. Some players have a very steep decline, Toby springs to mind. One season arguably the best CB in the prem the next not even top 10.

The physical decline of a player can never be fully anticipated. I think the model we are taking is the correct one, a younger forward in Richarlison and then the two younger players getting games elsewhere and hopefully they are able to step up to a level we require but we can't just pretend Kane will definitely go on at a high level until his mid 30s. He might well not.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We know that he's still performing at a high level still and has age on his side given the life he leads and his professionalism, he could decline sharply for reasons but until that happens we won't be bringing in a replacement just on the off chance it does happen.

Reactions: DTA
He only turned 29 last month. Had no injuries at all last season. Scored 4 goals in 4 games. Believe he has the most goals in the prem in 2022. Not seeing this decline yet. He was never fast to begin with.

Done some maths, if kane keeps scoring at the rate he has so far he'll beat shearers record in 114 games. That's 3 seasons exactly. He'd be 32. Even if his scoring drops off, he still has a couple extra seasons to play with.

Shearer played till he was 35 - 36 right?

Kane is ahead of Shearer at this stage of his career in terms of age and goals per game I believe.

Shearer played till he was 35 - 36 right?

Kane is ahead of Shearer at this stage of his career in terms of age and goals per game I believe.

They show the stats in here. You also get the bonus of redknapp saying nice things about the club for a change. (Click watch on youtube).

We know that he's still performing at a high level still and has age on his side given the life he leads and his professionalism, he could decline sharply for reasons but until that happens we won't be bringing in a replacement just on the off chance it does happen.
I don't think we should sign a striker now to replace him, but we should definitely be keeping our eyes open and the scouts watching the strikers that may become available. This way, when the time to replace Kane comes about we have an idea of who is suited already rather than scrambling around.

I don't think we should sign a striker now to replace him, but we should definitely be keeping our eyes open and the scouts watching the strikers that may become available. This way, when the time to replace Kane comes about we have an idea of who is suited already rather than scrambling around.

That’s what the club should be doing for every player

That goes without saying, I'd hope we're doing so for every position

Here we go again

Harry Kane has been told to reject a new contract at Tottenham, with Bayern Munich weighing up a move for the 29-year-old England striker. (Bild, via Sun)
Is tapping up no longer a thing? Is it too hard to prove in order to make a complaint to uefa?

presumably our lawyers are logging all the details for future reference

What's the points, a reprimand and a €10,000 fine.

Might not be any point but I don’t think we should just bend over and let this happen. I’m not a lawyer but perhaps there might be some grounds for suing Bayern munch depending on the what legal evidence we could gather.
There is some sort of legal precedence when it comes to the poaching of youth players which have helped to protect the final settlement fee when a player moves.

appreciate that’s not the same situation here but there are parallels, to me Bayern Munich are trying to obtain an unfair commercial advantage in any future negotiations on harry Kane’s sale and seen like they could be in breach of regulations around tapping up players. It would be remiss if the club to fail to at least look at what legal protections it can implement to address this.

Bayerns manager has publically spoken about Kane- i would take it as a given that they are actively trying to tempt him there on a bosman.

I would be worried, but for the fact I think Kane has his eyes on Shearer’s record….

Yep. Nobody talks about shearer winning the league with blackburn. A lot of the younger generation probably don't know he played for them. It's all about his "record".

Cross him with son for that extra bit of pace.

EVfm1F1X0AIlFNy

Back