• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

wow, how many did he get?

very surprised at that, every touch either seemed to be a header or belting it in from 25 yards, great goal scorer certainly
It was 53 or something like that, but that was only at the amount of goals Kane has now got to so he must of got a fair few more. Surprised me too….

Played 37 pl games last season. 35 the season before. 18/19 was the season he had the least games at 28 pl games but got 17 pl goals.
Few players don't suffer with injuries, the thing with kane is that it seldom affects his average at the end of the season. He is always up there in the high teens, low 20s, thats class. Even when off form he still scores.

The rate he has started he might have the Club Record before he goes to the World Cup.

19 games before the break 14 goals to go level, although he wont play ever game. Solid start 4 from 4, maybe he could give Haaland a run for his money for the Golden Boot

The rate he has started he might have the Club Record before he goes to the World Cup.

19 games before the break 14 goals to go level, although he wont play ever game. Solid start 4 from 4, maybe he could give Haaland a run for his money for the Golden Boot

Might have thd england record too.

He'll give it a shot. It's weird, the way we play i think haaland with his pace would get more goals with us than with city and kane get more with city than us.

I'm definitely in the minority and expect to be flame for saying this but I don't think Kane has better years left in him. We have to be careful not to be overreliant on Kane - Chelsea/Pool didn't know when to get rid of Lampard/Gerard and they suffered years for it. Good thing is that he's banging them in but the signs are clear that he has lost pace over short distance, slower to get the ball out of his feet and since one or two years back, lost mobililty (sharp/sudden turns) through an accumulation of ankle injuries.

Yet he certainly knows where the goal is and getting the angles right ensures that one can still score while scuffing the shot. Won't consider the penalty miss, was bound to happen. But he had a few clear chances and in the last few games where a younger Kane (though not in August) would take them well. But I think this season we will see that there are better strikers in the league and I hope we don't stick by the idea that "if you have Kane on the pitch you must pass the ball to him" and trust Conte that he knows when to persist and when to make the hard decisions with Kane.

I'm definitely in the minority and expect to be flame for saying this but I don't think Kane has better years left in him. We have to be careful not to be overreliant on Kane - Chelsea/Pool didn't know when to get rid of Lampard/Gerard and they suffered years for it. Good thing is that he's banging them in but the signs are clear that he has lost pace over short distance, slower to get the ball out of his feet and since one or two years back, lost mobililty (sharp/sudden turns) through an accumulation of ankle injuries.

Yet he certainly knows where the goal is and getting the angles right ensures that one can still score while scuffing the shot. Won't consider the penalty miss, was bound to happen. But he had a few clear chances and in the last few games where a younger Kane (though not in August) would take them well. But I think this season we will see that there are better strikers in the league and I hope we don't stick by the idea that "if you have Kane on the pitch you must pass the ball to him" and trust Conte that he knows when to persist and when to make the hard decisions with Kane.

He's been our top goal scorer for the last 8 seasons. Even last season when he had a dip he scored 27 goals. The last person to score more was klinnsmann in 94/95 with 29. It is going to be very hard to get anyone better.

He's been our top goal scorer for the last 8 seasons. Even last season when he had a dip he scored 27 goals. The last person to score more was klinnsmann in 94/95 with 29. It is going to be very hard to get anyone better.

For us nigh on impossible to get a better than peak kane, the point is that he isn't peak kane any more and is never likely to be again.
Progression planning for his replacement should start soon.

It’s started
It’s why we’re investing in young strikers to develop

It will be interesting watching the transition, how we manage it and who fits in where.
Is Richarlison the link from harry to the next one, or is he seen as a longer term solution.
I for one wouldn't be putting all our eggs in one basket again in the way we have with harry, we have been so lucky with him, that will be very hard to replicate.

For us nigh on impossible to get a better than peak kane, the point is that he isn't peak kane any more and is never likely to be again.
Progression planning for his replacement should start soon.

He has scored 4 goals in the opening 4 games of the season and is known to start slowly. He's likely going to have another 20+ goal league season - it'll be a long time before we need to worry about replacing him as a starting player.

Unless of course he decides to walk away at the end of his contract.

Last edited:

We won't be able to get a better or equal striker to Kane, there are only a handful that you could argue are. Haaland is the only one in the league you could argue is better and we won't see anyone else is better.

Outside that we wouldn't get a better all round footballer. It's not just his goals, but his hold up play and passing range. There's no other player in the world that scores his amount of goals while also playing KDB level passes.

We've already got two potential young good strikers in Parrott and Scarlet. We've also got Richarlison that will play there if needed while younger players develop.

He has scored 4 goals in the opening 4 games of the season and is known to start slowly. He's likely going to have another 20+ goal league season - it'll be a long time before we need to worry about replacing him as a starting player.

Unless of course he decides to walk away at the end of his contract.

Age catches up with everyone.
Harry is a freak, we can't expect our next striker to come in like harry did out of virtually nowhere and consistently bang in goals. There will need to be some overlap and we should be planning for that now.

Back