• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Handing in Notice.. Best way to do it!

Yeah I have plenty of annual leave left for this year but as I'm leaving on good terms I'm thinking I might just work out the last month and just get paid whatever holiday pay i'm owed. Leaving a few days earlier isn't going to make any real difference now anyway.

I gave 4 weeks notice to my company on 1st June. (I start with my new job on 2nd July).

I was polite, courteous and official. No silly stuff. But I also reminded them I had accrued leave in the form of Bank Holiday lieu days (we get 8 per year, 9 this year) and I would like those to be deducted from my notice period in order that I could leave a.s.a.p..

Since the 1st June, I have had a running battle with my company, trying to finalise an actual leaving date based on the above. No-one, HR, admin, duty managers, department managers would make a decision.
By my calculations, I could have left following mondays shift, as I have 8 lieu days owing (I work a 3 days on, 3 days off pattern).

Finally today, they have agreed I can go after tomorrows shift, thus using 6 of those lieu days. They will have to pay me or the other two.

It's the strangest feeling.................26 bloody years at gatwick airport. It will be very hard saying good-bye tomorrow.

Going to cost me a fortune in cakes 8-[

End of an era mate; get those Krispy in!

After that, onwards and upwards; fortune favours the brave 8)

Yeah I have plenty of annual leave left for this year but as I'm leaving on good terms I'm thinking I might just work out the last month and just get paid whatever holiday pay i'm owed. Leaving a few days earlier isn't going to make any real difference now anyway.

Might be worth taking it as leave and studying whilst on leave (especially if their are gaps in your current role's skill set compared to the new one), seeming very sharp to start off with can really help with making the right initial impession.

Back