• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Greatest actor ever (living or dead)

Nicholson in One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest and The Shining

Add China Town to the list of Nicholson greats... and I have to say it, his portrayal of the Joker was absolutely superb, certainly fitted Tim Burton's vision of the Joker anyway. Some excellent one liners in that movie.

Loads of other good actors in this list so far but I personally would have to put Alan Rickman in there for his dry humour and Heath Ledger has to get a nod as well as, having seen him as the Joker countless times, I still cannot see Ledger underneath the make up, it's an incredible acting role.

I also think that Chloe Moretz is a brilliant actress. Seen her in Kickass, Hugo and then me and the missus watched Let Me In the other day (new Hammer Horror film) and she's just cracking. Hope she manages to bridge from child actress to the real thing.

Add China Town to the list of Nicholson greats... and I have to say it, his portrayal of the Joker was absolutely superb, certainly fitted Tim Burton's vision of the Joker anyway. Some excellent one liners in that movie.

Loads of other good actors in this list so far but I personally would have to put Alan Rickman in there for his dry humour and Heath Ledger has to get a nod as well as, having seen him as the Joker countless times, I still cannot see Ledger underneath the make up, it's an incredible acting role.

I also think that Chloe Moretz is a brilliant actress. Seen her in Kickass, Hugo and then me and the missus watched Let Me In the other day (new Hammer Horror film) and she's just cracking. Hope she manages to bridge from child actress to the real thing.

Loads of really good young actresses at the moment. Moretz, Joelle Ferland, AnnaSophia Robb, the Fanning sisters, Saoirse Ronan. Have seen some incredible performances by all of them.

Let me in isnt new, its a good year or two old - remake of the Sedish (I think) Let the right one in.

Not a particular fan of remakes but this one was very true to the original and she was very good in it indeed.

My favourite actor at the moment (and am very surprised he hasnt been mentioned yet) is Tom Hardy, the guy is a chamelion and completely believable in every role Ive seen him in. He seems to be able to just "be" the character, doesnt even look like he is acting.

Let me in isnt new, its a good year or two old - remake of the Sedish (I think) Let the right one in.

Not a particular fan of remakes but this one was very true to the original and she was very good in it indeed.

My favourite actor at the moment (and am very surprised he hasnt been mentioned yet) is Tom Hardy, the guy is a chamelion and completely believable in every role Ive seen him in. He seems to be able to just "be" the character, doesnt even look like he is acting.

You fudging pedant - it's new on Sky on demand! 2010 is new as far as I'm concerned, their last film was in 1984!

Sorry!

Let the right one in - well worth watching if you havent seen it yet

I think I was happy enough with the US version to be honest, I only really watched it because it was a Hammer film. Have to be in the mood to watch sub-titles if you know what I mean? and the English voice acting in the "Girl With" series has put me off of watching a dubbed film ever again, it was truly awful!

Forgot to add Sam Rockwell to my list. His performance in 'MOON' is outstanding.

Very underrated but I wouldn't say he's the greatest actor ever. Another underrated actor is Djimon Honsou who is brilliant in everything I've seen him in ,especially Blood Diamond.

Very underrated but I wouldn't say he's the greatest actor ever. Another underrated actor is Djimon Honsou who is brilliant in everything I've seen him in ,especially Blood Diamond.

Seconded on Djimon Honsou

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Where is the incomparable Chuck Norris on this thread? Have you all taken leave of your senses?

Robert Duvall

Great actor and I am sure his role in Tender Mercies gave inspiration to the recent Crazy Heart

I think I was happy enough with the US version to be honest, I only really watched it because it was a Hammer film. Have to be in the mood to watch sub-titles if you know what I mean? and the English voice acting in the "Girl With" series has put me off of watching a dubbed film ever again, it was truly awful!

Thats fair enough, so far as US remakes go this was possibly the best Ive watched (very small changes, and very similar cinematography)

I dont mind subtitles at all, but I will never watch dubbed films - with you 100% on that score

Steven Segal

pictures_seagal_emotion_chart.jpg

Back