• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

So... the poster "AVB" has been here 6 years with >700 posts... presumably way before that if Sept 2012 was the day Scara rebooted the server...

He is adamant that The Greal Deal has signed for us, and has family connections, but people are not really taking the bait.

Is AVB on a windup.

Is AVB jumping the gun and putting 2+2=7 i.e. The Greal Deal is keen and Villa are fairly keen but Levy still has time to reduce the fee or fanny about with the payment structure...

Is AVB actually a human being?

If we hang around for that, we’ll be much worse off relative to other teams and relative to where we are now.

Eriksen has 3-4 years left at the top level. Kane has 6 or so. Lloris probably has the same. Jan has less. How long do you think they’ll hang around?

The stadium has tied us in to a strategy that will just take as long as it does!
Levy has nailed his colours to the mast on this. Personally I thought fans would not wait for this strategy to take hold and if you read this thread, I think I was right.
If they want the £70m+ transfer, I would not want to be hanging by my nuts waiting!

I think Sky have to say anything for filler, and transfers are prime because nobody knows if it's true, and anyone negotiating isn't going to take them to task. Wouldn't surprise me if the editor says, "lets run with it's off, then three hours later, it's back on, unless we hear anything concrete in the meantime".

Gotta move those odds.

24 hour rolling news is a bloody curse.

Its not even as if they make up new flimflam, they just keep repeating the same crap

I genuinely do not understand why people watch it.

So... the poster "AVB" has been here 6 years with >700 posts... presumably way before that if Sept 2012 was the day Scara rebooted the server...

He is adamant that The Greal Deal has signed for us, and has family connections, but people are not really taking the bait.

Is AVB on a windup.

Is AVB jumping the gun and putting 2+2=7 i.e. The Greal Deal is keen and Villa are fairly keen but Levy still has time to reduce the fee or fanny about with the payment structure...

Yeah he drive rally cars!

Is AVB on a windup.

The number 8 bit was me being adventurous

Is AVB on a windup.

No offence meant to AVB at all, but I absolutely love the complete lack of response to his posts.

Shows the difference in audience compared to SC!

So AVB... why are you only posting in 3 to 8 word sentences now... is it so you can keep it a bit exotic and draw in the punters?

Just tell us what's what e.g. my sister's husband is friends with his golfing buddy who says The Greal Deal just got some tramlines in his hair and a badger on the back?

So AVB... why are you only posting in 3 to 8 word sentences now... is it so you can keep it a bit exotic and draw in the punters?

Just tell us what's what e.g. my sister's husband is friends with his golfing buddy who says The Greal Deal just got some tramlines in his hair and a badger on the back?

Take with a pinch of salt if you wish

No offence meant to AVB at all, but I absolutely love the complete lack of response to his posts.

Shows the difference in audience compared to SC!

I was thinking just the same, but @Bullet has broken it now.

The point is, nothing is gained by engaging until after the window shuts.

If JG doesn't sign, AVB can be mocked at will. He can claim to have been carrying out a postmodern lampoon of ITK tropes, but that would only convince people like me. Most will shun him.

If JG does sign, AVB may still be fabulating. He's only claiming a second-degree connection; that would imply that lots of people are aware of a truth which conflicts with all other information, and is otherwise kept impressively secret. That's implausible.

So he would still have something to prove; he should be prodded with sharp sticks and asked all sorts of pointed questions about our new player.

But why bother yet?

I was thinking just the same, but @Bullet has broken it now.

The point is, nothing is gained by engaging until after the window shuts.

If JG doesn't sign, AVB can be mocked at will.

If JG does sign, AVB may still be fabulating. He's only claiming a second-degree connection; that would imply that lots of people are aware of a truth which conflicts with all other information, and is otherwise kept impressively secret. So he can still be prodded with sharp sticks and asked all sorts of pointed questions about our new player.

But why bother yet?

Go easy on me

Go easy on me
giphy.gif

Fair enough... I have yet to see a poster who believe we should pay over the odds for him. But that still does not explain this ridiculous brinkmanship.

What is so difficult to agree the maximum that you are willing to pay for a player who wants to join, make a offer early in the season and then move on to other targets if there is no scope of agreement.
What makes you think that isn't what we've done?

The Greal Deal :) i like it

what i dont like is when i type Grealish on my phone, the auto correct changes it to Freakish:eek:

anyway the last player we had whose surname began with the letters Grea and had the initials JG did ok didnt he ;)

images

The stadium has tied us in to a strategy that will just take as long as it does!
Levy has nailed his colours to the mast on this. Personally I thought fans would not wait for this strategy to take hold and if you read this thread, I think I was right.
If they want the £70m+ transfer, I would not want to be hanging by my nuts waiting!

Levy, rightly or wrongly has tied us to that strategy not the stadium. We could afford a 70m player and the wages but Levy obviously doesn’t think it’s a risk worth taking.

Time has proven his strategy and vision right for the last 17 years so, despite my grave misgivings this time, he’s more than earned the right to make the call if he thinks it’s the right thing to do.

I'm not sure you are getting it..... The money that we ended up offering for Berahino about 10 minutes before the window closed was more than the fee that WBA had indicated they wanted for him earlier in the window (that we probably could've negotiated down a little). By waiting until the very last day of the window to make his first bid Levy was trying to bully WBA into selling a player after already turning his head via the press and the player's agent. LEvy could've done the deal for a lower fee much earlier in the window and given Poch a pre-season with the player. By waiting until the end of the window Levy's actions meant that we would've had to pay over the odds, worse than that he tinkled off WBA so much that they just refused to sell so Poch didn't get the player he wanted.

Just that he clearly wasn't a massive priority for us. Maybe we wanted to try for other targets earlier in the window.

WBA acting out of spite rather than out of their own self interest hindered them as far as I can see - I just maintain they overestimated how much we actually wanted him, and how much Berahino would be willing to knuckle down if he didn't get his move. They thought the laws of motivation didn't really apply in their case, and I think Peace got it wrong.

Back