• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

Anyway this is the Grealish thread so let's get back on topic

A Villa fan on one of their forums is saying that the deal is done, 20 mill plus add ons. If true let's keep an eye on whether he plays tonight

Any idea how much we need to spend annually to pay the stadium off? That’s what I’d expect the remaining gap to be to Arsenal in the short term.

Not sure to be honest mate. Haven’t really looked at it that closely but you’re right, that will probably legitimately be the gap to Arsenal.

We wouldnt have done that anyway. If he comes he'll be in the squad and will be looking for opportunity.

Poch is not a manager to loan off a player before getting his hands on him.

He just strikes me as the type of player who could do with a year developing a bottom half side, rather than sitting around waiting for our League Cup matches

Leeds banked their future on reaching the CL. That was dumb given that they had no history of it, it was only 3 places at the time and they had a relatively young squad and manager. No one is suggesting we do that.

However there is nothing wrong with taking a risk against likely future revenue particularly when some of that revenue is guaranteed. The Glaziers bought United on that basis. Why do you think Juve spunked so much money on 33 year old Ronaldo? Every successful business does it contrary to your earlier post. Facebook and Amazon lost money for years but they are successful businesses.

Taking some risk is the sensible thing to do. Taking a Leeds type risk is reckless but not doing anything isn’t far off being just as stupid.

Ask any of the fans of clubs who are in money problems and they will all say they( the club) did it because they thought they had a valid reason to do so, spending money that you do not have in the hand/bank is stupid as it is not the right thing to do.

Is that how you run your buissness? i assume you must have one seeing as you are so sure its not bad practise.

A Villa fan on one of their forums is saying that the deal is done, 20 mill plus add ons. If true let's keep an eye on whether he plays tonight

Unless it's all official by kick off tonight, I fully expect him to be in the line up. Can't see Villa being party to any "gentleman's agreement" that he doesn't play with a view to a potential deal in next 48 hours, as it'll just speak volumes if he's not there tonight and create more probing from the media.

I think we're still a way off, so expect to see Jack play, then cue further meltdown on GG as the debate rages on as to other we even needed him anyway.

Its got to be a europe wide agreed date and time as well.
Ideally, yes, but honestly Id accept it closing sooner than europe just to have everything settled here going into the first few games.

That period is a nightmare otherwise

He just strikes me as the type of player who could do with a year developing a bottom half side, rather than sitting around waiting for our League Cup matches

Regardless of how you rate him, you should be aware Poch isnt that sort of manager. He will at the very least have him until Jan to size him up and see what he is like.

I imagine you might have said similar of Alli, among others - its not always the obvious move that pays off is it?

Good business if true. Much more appealing than what they were looking for.

Ask any of the fans of clubs who are in money problems and they will all say they( the club) did it because they thought they had a valid reason to do so, spending money that you do not have in the hand/bank is stupid as it is not the right thing to do.

Is that how you run your buissness? i assume you must have one seeing as you are so sure its not bad practise.

We’re going to get additional revenue. That’s not in doubt. We have a 62,000 capacity stadium. We had a 36,000 capacity stadium. We have a nailed down contract with the NFL. Our additional revenue is not contingent on performance (unless we get relegated and start getting 20,000 at games). Leeds banked on CL qualification and other clubs in difficulty took a similarly stupid risk based on performance.

The information is in the public domain and is well reported on about how businesses operate. Take a look if you don’t believe me. Businesses continually will spend against future revenue in the hope of growing that revenue even more.

We’re going to get additional revenue. That’s not in doubt. We have a 62,000 capacity stadium. We had a 36,000 capacity stadium. We have a nailed down contract with the NFL. Our additional revenue is not contingent on performance (unless we get relegated and start getting 20,000 at games). Leeds banked on CL qualification and other clubs in difficulty took a similarly stupid risk based on performance.

The information is in the public domain and is well reported on about how businesses operate. Take a look if you don’t believe me. Businesses continually will spend against future revenue in the hope of growing that revenue even more.

Sigh. Lets agree to disagree.

Does anyone actually care if we sign Grealish or not? I dont care one way or the other. I dont see him getting into our first team or progressing much from his current level. So Im completely meh about the whole thing.

I’d like to see him here but I don’t think he’ll make a big impact right away. The boy obviously has potential and you’d hope Poch can get it out of him.

We need a couple of lads that have proven themselves at a good level.

Does anyone actually care if we sign Grealish or not? I dont care one way or the other. I dont see him getting into our first team or progressing much from his current level. So Im completely meh about the whole thing.

I care because we need to spend the money on better players instead

£53m for Kovacic vs £60m for Grealish and Cook. We're really at the stage now where we need quality, not quantity

Umm - we did loan Alli out for his first 6 months after signing him

As a condition of the buy, not as a strategic choice with the player - and you know that.

When he came into the club in the summer Poch had no intentions of sending him elsewhere, same as all the young players we bring in.

£53m for Kovacic vs £60m for Grealish and Cook. We're really at the stage now where we need quality, not quantity

I agree with this totally. I Quality signing would be much more welcome than 2-3 Squad players. A lot of people go on about Poch doing well with young players but that is not always true. N'jie, N'koudou etc prove that point for me.

We also still have some players that really need to be gone.

Good deal if so. Get him in and ship Nkoudou out. I dont think it will really impact our PL or CL chances directly, but (i) it frees up a non-home grown spot for someone like Martial who could help us in the PL/CL and (ii) Grealish plays in a central role, whereas GKN is a winger (and not a great one at that), which we haven't played with since 'Arry left

We won't be signing anyone like Kovacic whilst we have too many non HG players. Grealish and Cook type signings, in place of Sissoko and GKN for example, frees up overseas spots

And who would you trust to have the health of our club at heart, Levy or fans who think the buying of players is as easy in real life as it is on one their kids abacus games.

Levy, you daft old s’d that why this old s*d trusts the bald headed old s*d;)

But seriously all clubs will use the clubs future finance as leverage with the banks.

Its a gamble though, its taking funds from later for now - and if it doesnt work now you are stuffed for years.

As I said previously - look at Everton:
The first Adam & Co loan was drawn last October and the second last month, meaning that Everton now have a total of 12 outstanding loans against their
property and assets. Most significant among them is a £30m loan from the Prudential which will cost £68m to repay over a 25-year term and "will be repaid in a securitisation agreement serviced by future season-ticket sales and match-day ticket sales".

They gave that money to Moyes, he tinkled it up the wall, and until the take over they were basically unable to compete in the market thereafter with all this debt to service hanging over them.

The true risk is not having the likes of a Levy at the helm.
Club income is very bankable especially at our level in the cash rich environment.

Levy, you daft old s’d that why this old s*d trusts the bald headed old s*d;)

But seriously all clubs will use the clubs future finance as leverage with the banks.

Exactly. How else would we have afforded a new stadium? We aren’t paying cash down.

Back