• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

I'm no real golf fan, only watch the majors/Ryder Cup etc. But how was the main tour doing before LIV came along? Was it thriving or was it struggling?

I seem to recall articles on how to make golf more entertaining for the mainstream a few years back, and getting away from 72 hole tournaments and stuff. Was there a need for some of these LIV ideas or are they all just a bit gimmicky?

I thought they were going to join together? Wasn't that announced a while back?
Yeah I wondered if Rahm decided to take the cash now and then smirk when they join the two tours together next year or whenever... but I doubt it can be that simple.
What Rahm should do is promise to spend a decent chunk of it on setting up golf facilities / schools / driving ranges with trackman in Spain and still own those companies, so he comes across as very altruistic but actually is also setting up a load of businesses.
They have great weather and loads of holidaymakers to use facilities.

I'm no real golf fan, only watch the majors/Ryder Cup etc. But how was the main tour doing before LIV came along? Was it thriving or was it struggling?

I seem to recall articles on how to make golf more entertaining for the mainstream a few years back, and getting away from 72 hole tournaments and stuff. Was there a need for some of these LIV ideas or are they all just a bit gimmicky?

Apart from majors and ryder cups I don't think there's a huge amount of interest in golf in the media. Odd article here and there but not much.

Some of it is a bit gimicky and purists won't like it but people have short attention spans now, things need to speed up. Snooker is a good example where some tournaments have a shot clock or T20 in cricket. Brings bigger audiences and excitement, could have a couple more fun style tournaments with something a bit different.

They are not very similar. If you pause it multiple times, they are not really that similar. Loads of differences.

Considering Tiger will have presumably tried to coach Charlie to mirror his swing, it really isn't extraordinarily similar.

They are not very similar. If you pause it multiple times, they are not really that similar. Loads of differences.

Considering Tiger will have presumably tried to coach Charlie to mirror his swing, it really isn't extraordinarily similar.

The toll that swing took on tigers body he'd be a fool to teach it to his kid.

Strange that Kane mentions Wentworth and then says he is a member of Queenwood and Beaverbrook, all of which are in Cheatski territory in Surrey. Are there no good courses near Spurs territory?!

Strange that Kane mentions Wentworth and then says he is a member of Queenwood and Beaverbrook, all of which are in Cheatski territory in Surrey. Are there no good courses near Spurs territory?!
Sure he used to play Abridge a lot

Robert MacIntyre taunted his American hosts at the Valspar Championship in Florida by labelling his caddie's bib with Europe's Ryder Cup-winning score.

MacIntyre took advantage of a quirk of the tournament that allows players to choose wording for their caddie's bib.

The Scot opted for 'EUR 16.5-11.5 USA' in reference to the USA's heavy defeat by Europe in Rome in September.

Among mixed responses on social media, Ryder Cup Europe posted on X: "He's only gone and done it. We approve."

Their USA counterparts responded: "Never too soon to start thinking about Bethpage in 2025."

Meanwhile, the official PGA Tour account asked: "Too soon?"

MacIntyre, 27, was unbeaten with two and a half points at the Marco Simone Country Club as Luke Donald's side won back the Ryder Cup, but he did not pair up with English caddie Mike Burrows until a month later.

Scheffler is coasting to this, was hoping Morikawa or Aberg would win but 2 doubles has taken Morikawa out.

Back