• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Going backwards

Yeah we dominated but it wasnt a hammering in the sense im alluding to but fair enough. So one game against a newly promoted team.

You asked me to name one game, so I named one. Ask me to name more and I will.

Why was it not what you meant? You wanted entertainment, it was a massively entertaining game.

I echo your thoughts but i have seen nothing that leads me to think he is building up. You would think that against the weaker sides we play we would go for it a bit more and play with more fluidity, but we dont. A boring 2-0 will always do. Its always a 'that will do' performance .

I feel sorry for you guys spending thousands watching it live.

Highest ever Premier League points total last season and our best ever start to a Premier League season this are a pretty good basis to build from. We signed a number of excellent and exciting players in the summer and added them to an already excellent squad. If we can bed them in and still be in the chase for trophies, we could do very well.

You asked me to name one game, so I named one. Ask me to name more and I will.

Why was it not what you meant? You wanted entertainment, it was a massively entertaining game.

Won 1-0. Sure we had a lot of shots, but from distance, but it wasnt chance after chance through carving them open.

Won 1-0. Sure we had a lot of shots, but from distance, but it wasnt chance after chance through carving them open.

Wait a second, if results aren't a basis for entertainment, and goals are the basis for results then surely goals aren't the basis of entertainment?

On a more serious note, if you weren't entertained by the Cardiff game I would suggest the problem is with you rather than the football.

I think that you should let the new players bed in before judging this team. It was always going to take a while for so many new faces to settle

I think that you should let the new players bed in before judging this team. It was always going to take a while for so many new faces to settle

Also most are still incredibly young. AVB is a coach who thrives on the psychological aspects of a players make up. The talent is there in the squad

that's not quite how i recall the game - i seem to have the impression that we mixed it up quite well throughout, creating plenty of chances as well as the customary long range efforts we've come to expect from the team

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower
Ha! Yeah I was around in those days and remember watching the Super Spurs under Danny as captain build an enviable reputation for slowing games down and choking teams out once they'd established a lead.

So - whaddayamakathat, big boy? :lol:

Definitely watched a different game, they had a 10 minute period from 75 to 85 mins and other than that we were camped in there half. Can you give an example of one counter attack they had?

Soldado could have had 3 on another day, sigurdsson was dangerous each time, Townsend was Townsend, I could go on.

I'm not sure I get the thread.

We've had 2 real challenges in the league (Arsenal and Chelsea).. I thought we played very well against Chelsea when we had the spell of dominance, thought we played some great stuff and carved them open. Against Arsenal we were clearly the better team, Arsenal defended well and we were just unlucky in the end, I mean we are the only team not to score against Arsenal this season.

It's against the lower teams where we just seem to slow **** down, not give them a chance of the ball and try and get a goal so it forces them out more. Do I agree with that way of doing things? Personally, I don't care. If I wanted to watch a team for entertainment I'd be an Arsenal fan, or a Bayern fan or something. I watch the game and support Spurs because I love the club, I first and foremost care about winning and the glory, if it means we play the way we do, keep the cleansheets, get the wins, I personally don't care how we do it.

The statistics might say we have had successful season, but I don't think AVB has clue what his best team is or who plays best in the various positions. Lamela where does he play? What about Holtby? Eriksen? Siggy? If he keeps changing it about (in the league) the team will never build an understanding.

We spent all that money and no proper LB or LM (unless it is Chadli who warms the bench most games). Or support striker. Or play maker.

AVB's overcautious, overthoughtful approach come across in our strategy and play. It's dull and I'm not sure the players even look like they are enjoying it. AVB would happily keep possession the whole game by passing it across the backline, so long as we win 1-0, and he would probably sub off the attacking players for more defensive ones to try and make sure he held onto that slim lead.

Sure we might win the league like that -although I think we will finish outside the top 4. But I do care about the way we play. One of the reasons I've always been proud to support Spurs is because we have a reputation for playing with panache, a certain joie de vivre, a cavalier spirit. And yes you can play like that and win trophies, even league titles. That sense of style hasn't been very evident under AVB.

Back