• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glory-Glory Player of the Season 2016/17

Who is our player of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we should revisit the six that are left after the two rounds!
And vote on them.

I do love a poll, this is a hard one

111 surely?

Probably.

However it's not a good stat either way. The best defenders don't need to tackle often - they tend to just intercept the ball instead. You tend to tackle after the defending has failed.

Someone like King very rarely tackled (although he was excellent at it when called to).

Are you on the Lib Dem electoral reform committee? That sounds like mixed-member proportional representation or something!

Would love PR.....I'd also restrict the voting age to under 70 and have a voting IQ test for everybody.

AND have a vote on the Spurs missing 6 to give us a 1-12 of our picks

Kane, Wanyama and Dembele.

Although he's missed a fair number of games, I just couldn't leave Dembele out.

Shows the quality of squad

- Eriksen to me is person that makes the system work and is least replaceable.
- Kane is the guy that puts away the chances that wins games

- Jan deserves a huge mention because he carried the defense for the season
- Wanyama/Dembele because they do so much work to allow the attacks to happen, cover FBs
- Dier for doing whatever was asked of him

But I think the unsung heroes of this season are

- Son, Davies, Trippier, Winks, Vorm - just like the season we got 4th under Harry where players like Bentley, Niko and a couple of others did a role when we had injuries, the bench contribution is what made this season what is was.

Alderweireld, Wanyama, Son and Kane join Vertonghen, Alli, Eriksen and Rose in our player of the season poll.

Wanyama for me, simply for greatly exceeding expectations, and preforming at an incredible level throughout the season.

Final poll added. It runs until Sunday. Only one vote each this time. Let's have some arguments in favour some of the players.

Gotta be Kane really - 29 goals, ridiculous

Wanyama would have been my pick otherwise as his consistency has been remarkable

Back