• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

Turnover is less than the wage bill.......that's ridiculous!!

Emirates Marketing Project's in the same boat.....but it's OK for them apparently!

I for one are sad to read this, despite the unsavoury behaviour of their fans they were still a great club and had some terrific players, Jimmy Baxter was one of the best I've seen. It is a real tradegy what has happen to Scottish football, until recent times most teams in the top English division had a fair few Scots in them, now it's hard to name 5. Just think of the great players we have had from north of the border: Dave Mackay, John White, Bill Brown, Alan Gilzean, Jimmy Robertson, Richard Gough, Alfie Conn, John Duncan, Steve Archibald and you could have added Souness if he had stayed.

Yes, but to cut spending too deep, too fast, is wrong

ed-miliband3.jpg

They should BORROW more

Emirates Marketing Project's in the same boat.....but it's OK for them apparently!

It's an absolutely horrific boat to be in, Although Emirates Marketing Project do have one of the highest % growth revenues in the last couple of years.

That said what will they do when they have to renew any of these crazy high contracts? do they think the players are just going to agree to play for less money?

Good news for Scottish football. The Old Firm dominance is the reason Scottish football has been ruined. It needs an event like this to effectively hit the reset button and allow Scotland to build a competitive and sustainable league for future generations. Hope they go into liquidation followed by Celtic.

It's an absolutely horrific boat to be in, Although Emirates Marketing Project do have one of the highest % growth revenues in the last couple of years.

That said what will they do when they have to renew any of these crazy high contracts? do they think the players are just going to agree to play for less money?

That's where Chelsea are now. Getting rid of the overpaid players (Deco, Carvalho, Anelka, Ballack, J. Cole etc.) and bringing in new talent at lower pay. Signing Torres probably didn't help though.

I knew it was bad but did not know it was as bad as that about the wage bill. Apparently the tax bill is also potentially higher than originally thought?

1st time into admin = 10 pt deduction

2nd time = drop 2 divisions

So basically as I see it, pompey will be dropped to league 2 ?

'Portsmouth Football Club set for administration

Portsmouth Football Club are set to enter administration for the second time in as many years.
Issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue and Customs on 3 January, the Championship club were due at the Royal Courts of Justice on 20 February.
Pompey face a 10-point deduction, which would leave them 21st in the table.'

According the the bbc sport site.

I would assume they would have done their research, but it would not be the first time they were wrong.

Growth in revenue from bogus commercial deals you mean?

Fair value anyone?

Growth in revenue from bogus commercial deals you mean?

Fair value anyone?

nah i think the growth was reported last year, pre bogus commercial deals.

Ok, perhaps not last year, 2010 is the last reported i have seen.

20%2BCity%2BRevenue%2BGrowth.jpg

'Significantly, the Club’s commercial revenues increased in the 2010-11 financial year by 22.5 per cent - driving total revenues from ?ú125.1m in 2009-10 to ?ú153.2m - exceeding the ?ú150m threshold for the first time in the Club’s history.'

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2011/november/mcfc-annual-report

Although i am no longer sure where the sponsorship comes in..

Last edited:
Tax bill for Rangers is ?ú49m, with interest on that it could reach ?ú78m.

Thanks for that. They are in an unbelievable mess, because HMRC will seeking every penny of its debt. In this case HMRC may have no choice but to hold off/strike some kind of holding deal because otherwise Rangers might go completely under.

nah i think the growth was reported last year, pre bogus commercial deals.

Ok, perhaps not last year, 2010 is the last reported i have seen.

20%2BCity%2BRevenue%2BGrowth.jpg

'Significantly, the Club’s commercial revenues increased in the 2010-11 financial year by 22.5 per cent - driving total revenues from ?ú125.1m in 2009-10 to ?ú153.2m - exceeding the ?ú150m threshold for the first time in the Club’s history.'

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2011/november/mcfc-annual-report

Although i am no longer sure where the sponsorship comes in..

Commercial Revenue = Sponsorship matey

Thanks for that. They are in an unbelievable mess, because HMRC will seeking every penny of its debt. In this case HMRC may have no choice but to hold off/strike some kind of holding deal because otherwise Rangers might go completely under.

And why should players get preference as creditors?

Get in line you greedy clams and get the same as HMRC and every other fudger.

Yeah i know commercial is sponsorship, i was referring specifically to the Crazy ass 400 million pound sponsorship.

If it was in the 2010-2011 revenue then it might account for most of the 22.5% increase, however then the previous year their revenue still increased by 40 ish million.

If it was in the 2009-2010 revenue, then the next year the revenue increased by 30 million.

These are not small amounts, and only one of the increases is due to the sponsorship deal...

No fudging way the ?ú40 million was via gate receipts and TV wedge......it's all flimflam.

Wouldn't trust any figures coming out of a private company about their affairs, especially Emirates Marketing Project!

No fudging way the ?ú40 million was via gate receipts and TV wedge......it's all flimflam.

Wouldn't trust any figures coming out of a private company about their affairs, especially Emirates Marketing Project!

7%2BTottenham%2BRevenue%2BGrowth%2Bby%2BClub.jpg

I guess that would be a far better showing of any revenue growth.

Rangers' situation on this day should give hope to true football fans everywhere. Especially when taken in the context of impending FFP initiatives.

An institutional club whose existence gave effect to institutionalised hatreds, they used sport as a proxy for other social agendas throughout the years, and none of it much good. (They refused to let a Catholic or "immigrant" citizen through their doors for over 100 years till almost the 1990s whilst Celtics greatest ever manager and players were consistently from the so called, "other side").

Rangers played the game of "buy now pay later" with no intention of paying, and also of bending the ears of corrupt high powered friends, which us Spurs fans above most could probably understand the consequences of. They are a lesson for the racism and hatreds of Chelsea, the "old boys" smugness and past corruption of Arsenal and the cheapened glory that City are engaged in buying. They are the worst of those clubs mannerisms rolled into one. They were/are Risdale's Leeds with a pointy white mask on over thier faces.

The only downside is that this comeuppance is 20 years in the offing, since "Sir" David Murray and his clique of media, financial elite embarked on an almost hate filled quest to put their rivals (and by extension a section of society they could not abide) out of existence.

To better their nine in a row titles and to match the winning of the European Cup. These pronouncements and ambitions are all a matter of record in that period, and harmless enough in individuality, but the motive of the grand design itself was not. They failed on all accounts, but only just.

The fact that all this was done with the backing of media, financial and political cronies and that we now know it was all a rancid cesspit of financial corruption and cheating, is a matter of seriousness.

Rangers have always sought refuge in "the Old Firm" myth as peddled by lazy and/or corrupt hacks as it allowed them to expound the notion that their ethos is merely the other side of a certain coin.

Celtic have, from their foundation as a community charity then throughout their existence and again today, have stated their club to be the antidote, of Rangers, and that they stand apart and on their own merits. Celtic, quite like Spurs in fact, have a tradition of fair play, goodwill, glory-of-the-game mentality for which there is plenty of evidence from almost every player that has played for or against them, any city to host them. They are the first choice for any friendly or testimonial, and are the only club fans to ever be recipients of the FIFA fair play award. They are entirely solvent, self sufficient, profit making and tax-paying and are now secretly relishing the opportunity to escape "Scotlands shame" .. where everything is artificially cast into a mythical sectarian duopoly to aid a "divide and conquer" mentality, when that boil should have been lanced decades and decades ago.

Make no mistake that it is no coincidence that Rangers are faltering, the rats abandoning ship, at the same time as Scottish society is dragging itself away from the mindset of old, into a more secular 21st century. The extreme far right and fundamentalist religious politics of much of the old Scottish elite has had Rangers as one of their handy tools of social control for too long. There is surely a difference in being "more than a club" and being utilised in such a fashion.

Whether they die or not, this will be a chastening experience. Will serve lessons for them and for others in different ways. The house of cards and lies is tumbling down.

HMRC will not be settling easily and, following this case, have set their minds to sweeping through any cheats in English football in the coming years. Take this alongside FFP and good, well run clubs like Spurs et al will be glad of this modicum of equalization when it comes.

Last edited:
Back