• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

The plan as Poch seemed to have it was for Eriksen's creativity to be replaced by the duo of Ndombele and Lo Celso. Between them they have all of Eriksen's attributes plus some more. We are still to really see them on the pitch together in a covenant system but that is the idea.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
Yeah 2 players who play with their head up
Back then with a workhorse who is capable and we may have some options (Gedson may be the man)
Have to say.,, I’d love to see Dier get back but he has had enough games (is a big defender of him). He now has to play CB or not at all

The plan as Poch seemed to have it was for Eriksen's creativity to be replaced by the duo of Ndombele and Lo Celso. Between them they have all of Eriksen's attributes plus some more. We are still to really see them on the pitch together in a covenant system but that is the idea.

I'm really hoping Ndombele isn't the crock he's being out to be. He's the closest thing we have in replacing Dembele but creativity wise I'm not sure that's expected of him. Lo Celso has this difficult task and at this point I'm still thinking we missed a trick with Maddison.

Ali is as one footed as Lamela. If the ball is ever on his left side he will never pass with it, he always tries to get it back onto his right side. Next game watch him closely and you will notice it.

Fair enough, I can believe it - I’ll keep an eye out!

Ali is as one footed as Lamela. If the ball is ever on his left side he will never pass with it, he always tries to get it back onto his right side. Next game watch him closely and you will notice it.

I have noticed Dele ignoring Sessegnon’s runs a few times. However he is nowhere near as one footed as Lamela.

I'm really hoping Ndombele isn't the crock he's being out to be. He's the closest thing we have in replacing Dembele but creativity wise I'm not sure that's expected of him. Lo Celso has this difficult task and at this point I'm still thinking we missed a trick with Maddison.
I think Maddison was a non-starter and not our fault. The kid wanted playing time and we would not have been able to guarantee him that. So he sensibly chose Leicester instead.

Genuine question - how many of our right-footed attacking players can you name who are as one-footed as Lamela or Lo Celso? Kane, Son, Moura and Eriksen are all very capable with their left. Alli maybe less so, but I'd wager he's still less one-footed than Lamela or Lo Celso - I've certainly never seen him perform a rabona just to avoid using his left foot, ala Lamela! And there are plenty of left-footed players who haven't been accused of being one-footed - e.g. Vertonghen, Rose, Davies.

My point is - I don't think this is just some trick of perspective, I think those two players really are unusually one-footed.

Alli is extremely one-footed. And the examples you've listed as players not being accused are defensive players - where being two footed is less important.

Being one footed is crazily common amongst elite footballers. That's not my fear with GLC. He just doesn't look to me like the player we need to take the creativity responsibility role over from Eriksen. Sorry but one half against Norwich isn't enough to convince me I'm wrong, which by the way, I'm happy to be proven because it'll mean we've got a gem of a player.

Just because i don't think he's the second coming of Waddle or Gascoigne it doesn't mean the GG hounds have to be set on me.

I don't think we need GLC to directly takeover creative responsibility from Eriksen. He has different qualities - more intensity, better ball carrier, probably without as much passing ability (although he certainly has vision).

He was signed along with N'dombele, who is more progressive than any midfielder we've had since Modric. I think between them they can more than fill Eriksen's shoes, once they're up to speed.

And there's a difference between not thinking someone is the second coming of a Spurs legend, and writing off a young player after a few games.

Alli is extremely one-footed. And the examples you've listed as players not being accused are defensive players - where being two footed is less important.
https://www.premierleague.com/players/9167/Dele-Alli/stats

Interesting considering he has scored 30 with his right foot and 10 with his left foot. Wouldn't suggest he is extremely one footed to me, certainly favours the right but capable with his left.

Nice stuff from Gio. Starting to show what he can do in different areas of the pitch and that's a real help at this stage. It would be nice to see a bit more arrogance from him in an attacking sense in the little moments but hope it will come.

A damn shame he didn't get the equalizer against Liverpool in there and really have that platform to push on. GLC is at a stage now where he can be stamping his authority on a game, getting a goal here and there and becoming an important player. Perhaps a more stable midfield behind him will help and I guess if we are better placed to sign him in January it does impact on what we have to spend immediately.

One thing's for sure, I'd rather see the Lo Celso who played against Norwich than any Eriksen I've seen for us in the league this year!

https://www.premierleague.com/players/9167/Dele-Alli/stats

Interesting considering he has scored 30 with his right foot and 10 with his left foot. Wouldn't suggest he is extremely one footed to me, certainly favours the right but capable with his left.

The vast majority of those goals are tap ins or where he's stretching for the ball and has no choice but to use that foot. He's very good at getting those types of goals.

Maybe extremely one footed was a little harsh, but we've all seen him lose a good goal scoring opportunity because he's had to move the ball onto his stronger foot.

Diego-Maradona-1986.jpg

The vast majority of those goals are tap ins or where he's stretching for the ball and has no choice but to use that foot. He's very good at getting those types of goals.

Maybe extremely one footed was a little harsh, but we've all seen him lose a good goal scoring opportunity because he's had to move the ball onto his stronger foot.

I’d be interested to see how many players are genuinely “two-footed” in that regard? How many have stats that show equal results? I think you are being harsh to be fair. Sonny is an able two-footed player, yet how many times recently have we seen him cut back into his right and see a great chance evaporate? I think these things become more noticeable when confidence is a bit off.

I’d be interested to see how many players are genuinely “two-footed” in that regard? How many have stats that show equal results? I think you are being harsh to be fair. Sonny is an able two-footed player, yet how many times recently have we seen him cut back into his right and see a great chance evaporate? I think these things become more noticeable when confidence is a bit off.

I'm equally brick with both feet, if that helps

Back