• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I predict that in the process of signing a contract he'll most likely sprain a wrist so it's a big risk to take...

Rewarding players that are rarely there when you need them is an odd one to me but stranger things have happened.
I like Lo Celso and always have but I wouldn't sign him to an extension. He's got talent and definitely has merits but I can't lie and pretend his overall spell At Spurs has been successful.

Now is the sensible time to try with someone new and hopefully more reliable.

I'm not a fan, he rarely looks like he's committed to Spurs, I'd be please to be proved wrong but it's going to take a lot of good performances against good teams for me to change my mind.

Well if he gets the opportunity to do this regularly then you can make your judgement, i think he deserves a starting place over Maddison at the moment.

Unfortunately for us he won’t get more than a few games without getting injured again. I’d love to know his longest streak without getting injured, surely someone has a stat for it. I’m kind of reluctant to say this as it’s his first year at the club, but I feel Maddison has that kind of stature already where he deserves a bit of leeway to play himself back into form and let’s not forget he’s had a serious injury and maybe that’s affected his form since returning. I don’t feel like Maddison is playing badly enough to warrant dropping him, but by all means hook him if things aren’t going well.

He played 60 games in his first 2 seasons for us.

Played 38 games for Villarreal on his recent loan.*

*That’s league games, also played in cups and internationals.

A bit of the Anderton myth about him imo. He’s played about the same amount of games as Maddison in his career.

Last edited:
He's the thinking-man's-player. He does the right thing at the right time, the right weight of pass, the right technique, ticks it along and can score too. WHEN FIT.
He's passive though. Does nice things, but never bosses games in a way even Winksy for a while was capable of doing

He played 60 games in his first 2 seasons for us.

Played 38 games for Villarreal on his recent loan.*

*That’s league games, also played in cups and internationals.

A bit of the Anderton myth about him imo. He’s played about the same amount of games as Maddison in his career.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that he has missed 62 games through injury since signing for us (4 whilst on loan in Spain) this works out to the equivalent of 16.5 games a season

Last edited:
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that he has missed 62 games through injury since signing for us (4 whilst on loan in Spain) this works out to the equivalent of 16.5 games a season

It doesn't matter you'll never convince the cult that he's not met our expectations, doesn't help that when ever you see him in club videos he looks tinkled off to be here.

Back