• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

....The Argentina international played a crucial role in both of the first two goals for the hosts, firstly teeing up Sarr to lash in an excellent opening strike.

He then assisted the second goal with an outrageous flick in behind the Cherries defence to send Son through down the left channel, which allowed the South Korean ace to fire the ball in.

Lo Celso completed 92% (34/37) of his attempted passes and 100% (3/3) of his dribbles to go along with two key passes - both of which were rewarded with assists. This shows that he was creative and forward-thinking without being wasteful on the ball.

The 27-year-old whiz was also almost perfect defensively with a combative performance. He won 10 of his 13 ground duels to make three tackles, one interception, and one clearance, whilst no opposition player completed a dribble past him....

Didn't win any headers!

It's incredible how well stocked we suddenly look in midfield, less than a year after Bentancour's injury meant we lost our only competent midfielder.

Now there's him, Maddison, Sarr, Lo Celso and Bissouma who have all performed at a very high level this season.

It's incredible how well stocked we suddenly look in midfield, less than a year after Bentancour's injury meant we lost our only competent midfielder.

Now there's him, Maddison, Sarr, Lo Celso and Bissouma who have all performed at a very high level this season.

Can put Kulu in there as well tbf

To be fair, if Skipp and PEH didn't carry the baggage of last season, you'd say they've been generally solid when called upon too.

Very kind way of saying he was brick when he got his chances.

Been excellent when he's played lately now. That pass to Son would have everyone creaming themselves if it was De Breune or Ødegaard!

Well, he actually did it twice, once for the goal, once for the pass to Son -> Richi that Richi dragged wide.

Two assists in the game, he's always been a player. Sarr & Bissouma didn't do much under Conte and probably wouldn't have under Jose, so I'm not going to judge him on that. Do think there is a little bit of additional maturity vs. the 23 year old that joined Spurs at the worst point in the last 7-10 years.

Three questions for me
- Can he stay fit for the majority of the rest of season?
- Is there a model where we can play him and Maddison (vs. low block?)
- Do you offer him a new contract come summer?

Well, he actually did it twice, once for the goal, once for the pass to Son -> Richi that Richi dragged wide.

Two assists in the game, he's always been a player. Sarr & Bissouma didn't do much under Conte and probably wouldn't have under Jose, so I'm not going to judge him on that. Do think there is a little bit of additional maturity vs. the 23 year old that joined Spurs at the worst point in the last 7-10 years.

Three questions for me
Rodrygo, Lo Celso and Maddison could be an interesting midfield.

Three questions for me

(1) A big question, he seems to get all sorts of niggles
(2) Do not see why not, good players ( and they both are) can make it work.
(3) Yes for me

Three questions for me
If we wait until the summer, he won’t sign
He will want to go to Barca even if we’re in a better shape. It’s just what players do and he would have a LOT more control of his destiny with a year left on his contract

Injured again. Enough, play him when fit but should be on the sell list next. Could fetch a nice price along with Richy. I trust Paratici to find similar for cheaper or better even.

Such a shame, you can see the talent when he plays, particularly this season, but he never seems to be available when we need him. I’m swaying to the sell camp now, frustrating.

Wrap him up in brown paper, then bubble wrap it, then a layer of foam, then 2 boxes, this side up, fragile stickers, and carefully drive him to Spain.

Back