• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

He had a good game, was everywhere, was making the passes, couple of scenarios the front line let him down (not making the runs)

He's picked up (never noticed it before ) the Modric habit of curved passes with the outside of his foot, great to watch.

I actually think it might be interesting to see him and Maddison together

He had a good game, was everywhere, was making the passes, couple of scenarios the front line let him down (not making the runs)

He's picked up (never noticed it before ) the Modric habit of curved passes with the outside of his foot, great to watch.

I actually think it might be interesting to see him and Maddison together
He has to do that because he won’t use his right

And you won’t have seen it much because we have never played him in that position before

It’s horrible to watch…. I thought today was one of Lo Celso’s best PL games for us but still there were numerous moments where he didn’t attempt passes to players in good positions because it would’ve been a right foot pass, also got into trouble a few times due to having only one foot.

Was a positive overall though in a patched up Spurs team.
There was one I recall second half where he should have played in I think Kulusevski. The only other criticism of him was about 5 mins before he came off and he lost the ball cheaply. Other than that, I thought he was outstanding. Rarely gave the ball away, found passes in tight areas, looked like the player that I thought we'd signed. Only took 5 years...

Earned the chance to do it again against City for me.

There was one I recall second half where he should have played in I think Kulusevski. The only other criticism of him was about 5 mins before he came off and he lost the ball cheaply. Other than that, I thought he was outstanding. Rarely gave the ball away, found passes in tight areas, looked like the player that I thought we'd signed. Only took 5 years...

Earned the chance to do it again against City for me.

Think he came off because he wasn't match fit.

He had a spell under Jose (?) that he looked like that player before injuries

I think he has a spot in the team if he can keep up the performances and if he can stay fit (maybe bigger question), but agree, he starts against City & West Ham likely. Bissouma adding a little more cover might allow him a little more freedom as well.

Absolutely, it's barely mentioned when it comes to right footed players. There's a bias (most likely subconscious) as it's always leveled at the minority.

Interestingly with Davies, GLC, Gill and Kulu almost half our outfield was left footed, might be some kind of record especially if we through in VDV and Hugo, pfft people say we have nothing to play for but the trophy for most left sided players is near enough in our grasp already....
I agree. I've been saying it for years. I remember Dele being just as one footed but because it was his right no one seemed to notice it. We've been lucky with Kane and Son being so two footed but the majority of players only really play with one side.

Thought he a Gil did well yesterday

The only downside for Lo Celso was him delaying a few passes, but the player may have been in an offside position.

Both could have had an assist if we could have finished out chances

He was really good for most of the game, but that first half an hour with Bentancur in tandem were excellent, really wets the appetite for that CM area for the 2nd half of the season with everyone fit (yea right!?!).

Bentancur, Bissouma, Sarr, Lo Celso and Maddison looks like a nice stable of CM’s covering most bases. Then you have the likes of Skipp and Hojberg (or someone else if they are moved on) filling in where needed.

I agree. I've been saying it for years. I remember Dele being just as one footed but because it was his right no one seemed to notice it. We've been lucky with Kane and Son being so two footed but the majority of players only really play with one side.
Dele scored goals with his left foot.... I've never even seen Lo Celso make a pass using his weaker foot.

we're due one of these players we signed with so much fan fair and flopped turning around. He's good enough and works hard enough to be a fixture in the team, and as we get some of the better players back around him he should get better and better.

Definitely worth taking any media comments about Ange wanting rid with a pinch of salt - a month back he was being sold in January cos he didn't fit in the manager's thinking - the way that Dier and Hojberg are being used indicates what happens to those players with Ange - Goldie Looking Chain might have a big part to play in this season for us!

I have
Not often but he has
He is like most players but we see touch more with lefties IMO (visually)
Watch the highlights above, where Lo Celso had a very good game…. Still not one single pass made with the right foot. I think he made a total of one one touch on the ball with his right foot in the whole game.

I have
Not often but he has
He is like most players but we see touch more with lefties IMO (visually)

It's like Yoda writing haikus, not trying to take the tinkle or be mean but no idea what you're attempting to say here, might be worth a double check if you're bothered about people understanding this post! You must have really tinkled off auto correct at one stage or another ;)

It's like Yoda writing haikus, not trying to take the tinkle or be mean but no idea what you're attempting to say here, might be worth a double check if you're bothered about people understanding this post! You must have really tinkled off auto correct at one stage or another ;)
I have seen him use his right foot
It’s not often
Lo Celso is like most players in that he is one footed but left footers for some reason stand out more as being one footed…

I have seen him use his right foot
It’s not often
Lo Celso is like most players in that he is one footed but left footers for some reason stand out more as being one footed…

Gotcha. As I've said above I do think it's a bias against the minority ie those who are left footed but it's hard to really substantiate that claim I guess.

Back