• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

But do you watch a lot of French football? I am no expert myself but I recently listened to Julien Laurens French football journalist and broadcaster talking about him as he had been watching him for the last 3 years. He described him as the best player in the league last season not named Kylian Mbappe.

To be fair Nkoudou was injured for most of his spell at Monaco, so that bumped him up another place.

Pepe's more likely to put up numbers like this:

2017-18, 36 games, 13 goals, 4 assists.

Or this:

2016-17, 33 games, 3 Goals, 1 Assist.

I see that 9 of Pepe’s 22 Ligue 1 goals last season were scored from penalty spot, similar to how 10 of Lacazatte’s 28 goals in his final season with Lyon were penalties.

If Aurier’s inclination for lunging tackles when he moved to us is anything to go by then no wonder the Farmer’s League is so penalty strewn and Pepe’s strike rate should plummet in the EPL too.

This is where the window shutting royally fudges English clubs.

Betis know Napoli are interested

They don’t have to budge on the price, if anything they can increase the price for us knowing they have Napoli to fall back on.

Not if we haven't bought a replacement by thursday
That is why it would be incredibly short sighted to not buy a player that can replace Eriksen before Thursday. Especially when we know the window is still open for other countries after our deadline. 80m would be far too much money to turn down for a player who has one year left and has stated he is open to leaving. A smart and conscientious chairman would make sure to not to leave us short. But this is Levy and he has done it many times before.

I only hope he has finally learnt this lesson.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Thing is, no one will give us 80m for him now. He's worth it, but not with only 1 year left. Don't think we can expect more than around 50-60m

Thing is, no one will give us 80m for him now. He's worth it, but not with only 1 year left. Don't think we can expect more than around 50-60m

He is winding down his contract that has been obvious for about the 18 months he has refused to sign a new contract, as long as he performs this season and moves abroad I wont mind.

He will do a Ramsey and go to Juve.

If Eriksen goes..we lack a playmaker..an important one..so Lo Celso would cover the loss.
I would have both if possible but you can only have so many players in the squad.
Mind you players get injured so much more in the modern and we suffered last season from lack of quality injury cover .
Anyway ..its not the football I grew up with..lol

Reporting as fallen through.... I assume just games

Who the fudge knows. There doesn't seem to have been any noise about a fee being agreed for at least a week, just the same rehashed story about the player having come to an agreement with us. It sounds like the N'Dombele deal where everything got sorted out early but was kept on hold so Lyon could do their business, but in this case Betis have done their business and then upped the price expecting us to pay up. We want to stick to the agreed price, expecting them to eventually relent believing that no one will offer what we have, whilst they wait as long as possible. If it doesn't happen they will try to flog him to someone else, but will end up getting less than the offer we have made.

That is why it would be incredibly short sighted to not buy a player that can replace Eriksen before Thursday. Especially when we know the window is still open for other countries after our deadline. 80m would be far too much money to turn down for a player who has one year left and has stated he is open to leaving. A smart and conscientious chairman would make sure to not to leave us short. But this is Levy and he has done it many times before.

I only hope he has finally learnt this lesson.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

So the club should buy a player to replace Eriksen in case someone comes in with an £80m bid after the deadline? What happens if no one comes in for him?

Back