• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG World Cup sweepstake

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.milo
2.galeforce
3.Seedy Ron
4.Lily White
5.auroraman
6.7percent
7.AVB
8.markysimmo
9.THFC
10.paxtonwolf
11.billyiddo
12.DHSF
13.Robspur12
14.Superted
15.Superhudd
16.El Guepardo
17.shaney
18.Craig_J
19.elyid
20.diego_maradona
21.metalgear
22.LemonadeMoney
23.johnola

9 places left if you include everyone who was up for the original sweepstake.

So are we saying the rules are you adopt your country and avatar, and bet on them throughout the tournament, or just one-off bet(s) before it starts? Then a poll at the end to see who gets the World Cup Trophy avatar. All betting slips must be posted before bet conclusion to be valid.

Still in. Good idea & like the country avatar suggestion

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

We best do this as I really am not actually looking forward to this ****e this year so need some motivation to be vaguely interested.

1.milo
2.galeforce
3.Seedy Ron
4.Lily White
5.auroraman
6.7percent
7.AVB
8.markysimmo
9.THFC
10.paxtonwolf
11.billyiddo
12.DHSF
13.Robspur12
14.Superted
15.Superhudd
16.El Guepardo
17.shaney
18.Craig_J
19.elyid
20.diego_maradona
21.metalgear
22.LemonadeMoney
23.johnola

9 places left if you include everyone who was up for the original sweepstake.

So are we saying the rules are you adopt your country and avatar, and bet on them throughout the tournament, or just one-off bet(s) before it starts? Then a poll at the end to see who gets the World Cup Trophy avatar. All betting slips must be posted before bet conclusion to be valid.

To keep it open for as many people as possible, why don't we just make it a nominal one off bet (something between £1 and £5) on the country you draw?

Once we've agreed how it will work, I will start a thread on SN&V and see if we can drum up another handful of people to take part.

Are we not having special bets too? Or is that an optional extra? I liked the idea of betting on a team scoring zero points, or their top scorer etc, even if that's not the main bet

Are we not having special bets too? Or is that an optional extra? I liked the idea of betting on a team scoring zero points, or their top scorer etc, even if that's not the main bet

I'm happy to go with the majority view. I just think that should not make it too expensive or complicated

I agree about it not being too expensive. I think the alternative bets idea was introduced with a view to everyone having something to cheer. If someone gets Costa Rica then, as the money isn't stumped up before the sweepstake is made, even if it is in principle, then people may be reluctant to subsequently back Costa Rica to win. They may be more inclined to back the side on a different market.

That way we could have more winners too. Perhaps the idea should be that we place a £5 bet on the team in some capacity. We decide the bet itself but have to upload an image of the placed bet.

I think that we should take the sweepstake team as a second World Cup team too, if we don't get our own nation. That way we can have some fun with the different fixtures between members of the site. Plus it gets us involved with finding out more about other sides too.

Well I'm happy with putting my $5 on when I inevitably draw Honduras, but I might also sneak a $5 bet on them say qualifying from their group or some such.

I agree about it not being too expensive. I think the alternative bets idea was introduced with a view to everyone having something to cheer. If someone gets Costa Rica then, as the money isn't stumped up before the sweepstake is made, even if it is in principle, then people may be reluctant to subsequently back Costa Rica to win. They may be more inclined to back the side on a different market.

That way we could have more winners too. Perhaps the idea should be that we place a £5 bet on the team in some capacity. We decide the bet itself but have to upload an image of the placed bet.

I think that we should take the sweepstake team as a second World Cup team too, if we don't get our own nation. That way we can have some fun with the different fixtures between members of the site. Plus it gets us involved with finding out more about other sides too.

All sounds brilliant to me. Let's get a thread started on SN&V and see if we can drum up a few more people to take part.

How about you can put as few or as many bets on as you like, but your overall winnings are divided by your total outlay to obtain your ranking, and the highest ranked gets the World Cup Trophy avatar. The poster with the most winning bets gets the World Cup Golden Boot avatar, and the craziest bet gets a coked up Maradona avatar?
All bets must relate to your team. Slips must be posted before bet conclusion.

How about you can put as few or as many bets on as you like, but your overall winnings are divided by your total outlay to obtain your ranking, and the highest ranked gets the World Cup Trophy avatar. The poster with the most winning bets gets the World Cup Golden Boot avatar, and the craziest bet gets a coked up Maradona avatar?
All bets must relate to your team. Slips must be posted before bet conclusion.

yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back