• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG World Cup - not quite a sweepstake

Do Free Bets count? I have a £4 free bet that I could place on this.

Suggest it doesn't matter for this purpose whether you use a free bet, but to determine the 'not quite a sweepstake' winner the amount has to be included in your outlay.

Also:
  • 'Winnings' - it's the return from a bet that counts rather than the profit, otherwise no one's gonna bother with odds on bets.
  • As ''Overall winnings are divided by your total outlay to obtain your ranking', the amount you bet is irrelevant and you don't need to bet big to win, i.e. a £1 winning bet @5-1 will give you a better ranking than a £100 winning bet @4-1. The alternative is we all start with a pot of say £20 and see who's got the most left at the end?

Does that sound right?, better to agree the rules now.

At the top where it says who's signed in, "Settings", then on the left of the page you get to is a link for "Edit Avatar". There are restrictions on image size if uploading I think, but maybe not if linking from an external site, it's all explained in that form though.

Suggest it doesn't matter for this purpose whether you use a free bet, but to determine the 'not quite a sweepstake' winner the amount has to be included in your outlay.

Also:
  • 'Winnings' - it's the return from a bet that counts rather than the profit, otherwise no one's gonna bother with odds on bets.
  • As ''Overall winnings are divided by your total outlay to obtain your ranking', the amount you bet is irrelevant and you don't need to bet big to win, i.e. a £1 winning bet @5-1 will give you a better ranking than a £100 winning bet @4-1. The alternative is we all start with a pot of say £20 and see who's got the most left at the end?

Think this was the plan, rather than starting with a fixed amount. (i.e the same as Milos rules on the first page). Seems good with me, as flexible to any budget.

However, I've just realised the amount you bet *does* matter if you lose :) as you still divide your winning by total outlay (inc both winning and losing bets).

Re above: Only if the size of your stake changes from bet to bet. Otherwise it stays consistent with the percentages.

Top man - thanks.
To offer balance to all these women almost wearing their national colours, I've gone for a bit of homoerotica from everyone's favourite Soviet ironman.

Not as good as Harold though I'll give you that.

Now, I don't gamble (until now), so what's a good site to use for this stuff?

To offer balance to all these women almost wearing their national colours, I've gone for a bit of homoerotica from everyone's favourite Soviet ironman.

Not as good as Harold though I'll give you that.

Now, I don't gamble (until now), so what's a good site to use for this stuff?

I found bet365 one of the best laid out websites, but try oddschecker.com for the best odds and find out what start up free bets are available on every betting website

So just to confirm, do all bets have to be made now? Do we bet with our winnings shoukd our team still be active?

Bosnia's first match isn't until the 15th - so I have 9 days to think about this. Looking at who they're likely to play if they manage to get out of their group, I think there's a decent shot they'll make it as far as the quarter finals. At 6/1, that's not a bad bet.

So just to confirm, do all bets have to be made now? Do we bet with our winnings shoukd our team still be active?

Think someone said you can bet anytime, any amount (i.e. no necessarily winnings, could just be a new bet on the knockout rounds for example) but proof of the bet needs to be posted before the game in question.

(Is that right? If someone could definitively back this up that would be great)

You can do want you want but you need to post evidence of the bets being placed on here before any games that they are placed on are played.

Greece for me home of bum love

Anal_Lube_CS_Source_spray_icon_by_svunnig.jpg

This needs to be your avatar Marky

Ok im gonna some bets on today - ****in yanks to win the entire thing. Go th ewhole hog, may as well retire following the WC and lap up luxury.

Ill also do individual bets.

Is there an email address that people can email from using their mobiles?

I'm going to be on holiday during the World Cup so will be able to text/email screenshots. Likewise, seems like there's others who only use a mobile to access the internet.

For now, though I rarely use it, I have a laptop that I can use.

Back