• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG World Cup - not quite a sweepstake

Take that £2 @ 11/10 bet.

If you back a team to win @ 11/10 then the '10' is your stake, in this case, it's the £2.

The bookie puts forward the '11'. In this case, the bookie puts in £2.20.

If the bet wins, you get both the £2.20 that the bookie puts in AND the £2 back that you put in.

Take that £2 @ 11/10 bet.

If you back a team to win @ 11/10 then the '10' is your stake, in this case, it's the £2.

The bookie puts forward the '11'. In this case, the bookie puts in £2.20.

If the bet wins, you get both the £2.20 that the bookie puts in AND the £2 back that you put in.
Ahhh, right, cheers El Guep. Never understood that :lol:

Just my luck that Diego Godin should score today! After the last bet v Costa Rica, I looked at backing him for first scorer @ 20/1 and then to score any time @ 6/1 but I didn't...and he then scores! :lol:

This sweepstake hasn't brought me any luck. If anything, I'd say that I've been worse at this World Cup, with the sweepstake, than England have been. :oops: :lol:

Let's update this as the final games are played

Group A
africanspurs - Brazil
LemonadeMoney - Mexico

WV1YID80 - Croatia
johnola - Cameroon

Group B
Superhudd - Netherlands
AVB - Chile

metalgear - Spain
Ade's folks are ok really - Australia

Group C
Nezza - Colombia
markysimmo - Greece

thingonaspring - Côte d'Ivoire
paxtonwolf - Japan

Group D
milo - Costa Rica
El Guepardo - Uruguay

galeforce - Italy
Thebarbarian - England

Group E
Craig_J - Switzerland
auroraman - Ecuador
Robspur12 - France
THFC - Honduras

Group F
7percent - Argentina
Superted - Nigeria

DublinSpur - Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fhtagn - Iran

Group G
Mumorn - Germany
Clevelands - Portugal
diego_maradona - Ghana
DHSF - USA

Group H
billyiddo - Belgium
elyid - Algeria
Seedy Ron - Russia
shaney - Korea Republic

Updated. Which teams aren't getting backed by their poster? I will free them up for people who want a second go and do another draw.

When Russia go out I don't want a replacement, I haven't got time to write hate mail to two international head coaches.

Argentina -1 £2 returns £4.20
Aguero first goalscorer £1 returns £4
Messi last goalscorer £1 returns £3
Aguero to score/Argentina to win £1 returns £2.30

£5 wagered, £13.50 if everything somehow comes in.

Argentina -1 £2 returns £4.20
Aguero first goalscorer £1 returns £4
Messi last goalscorer £1 returns £3
Aguero to score/Argentina to win £1 returns £2.30

£5 wagered, £13.50 if everything somehow comes in.

Argentina win, Messi scores twice and you win nothing?

View attachment 1996

For those of you who don't understand norwegian:

Argentina 1st place, Iran 2nd place @ 12.50 - 30NOK returns 375NOK

Iran to win WC @ 750.00 - 10NOK returns 7500NOK

Iran to get knocked out in the first knock out round @ 6.95 - 30NOK returns 208,50NOK

Iran to get 4 points in the group stage @ 6.25 - 30NOK returns 187,50NOK

Reza Ghoochannejhad to be top scorer for Iran @ 5.00 - 40NOK returns 200NOK

Huzzah!

I also put 100NOK on Chile when they played Spain @ 6, so that was easy 600NOK. I can post the slip if you really really want to see, but I'm too lazy right now.

Well that's me done. I am now officially out of the "not quite a" sweepstake. After all, I assume at least one person will finish with a positive ratio!

If Bosnia had managed to score one more goal tonight I'd have salvaged some respect (I had them backed to win 4-1).

As it was, I wagered a total of €9 and got a grand return of zero. Admittedly I went for the long-odds bets so I don't feel too bad; I didn't *really* expect them to win the competition despite my €1 bet at 150:1. Besides which, I'm marginally ahead on my World Cup bets overall (just no Bosnia-related winners).

Anyway, good luck to the rest of you still left in with a chance. I'm going to change my avatar once the group stages are officially over. Dzeko has been disappointing to say the least (bloody guy can knock in four goals at White Hart Lane and can only manage one for the entire world cup... and that's against Iran. Bah, sooner I'm rid of that avatar the better!)

Back