• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Get well soon, Stevie

Get well, Skipper.

PS I love this club to pieces.

now that - was a decent football strip.

I'd love to see us play in that strip again, even if it meant putting adverts on it.

on another note - I'd love to see that tackle Stevie did in the Barcelona game, not as a celebration of fouls, but just because it summed up his commitment. They didn't take the tinkle after that.

now that - was a decent football strip.

I'd love to see us play in that strip again, even if it meant putting adverts on it.

on another note - I'd love to see that tackle Stevie did in the Barcelona game, not as a celebration of fouls, but just because it summed up his commitment. They didn't take the tinkle after that.

I played against Mr Perryman when he played for Ealing schoolboys, he was a tough bugger even then.

Finally out of High Dependency ward & reacting to the footie!!

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2790190,00.html

That's good to hear. He's one of the main reasons I support Tottenham.

Here's the lineup for my first Spurs match.
Clemence, Hughton, Miller, Roberts, Hazard, Perryman, Ardiles, Archibald, Galvin, Hoddle, Crooks.
I went into that match not really caring a whole lot about football (my dad dragged me along) and walked out a Spurs fan.

That's good to hear. He's one of the main reasons I support Tottenham.

Here's the lineup for my first Spurs match.
Clemence, Hughton, Miller, Roberts, Hazard, Perryman, Ardiles, Archibald, Galvin, Hoddle, Crooks.
I went into that match not really caring a whole lot about football (my dad dragged me along) and walked out a Spurs fan.

Some of the most underated footballers in that line up. Galvin & Hughton were terrific on the left

Was anyone else in the ground the night we played our last home game in the season we were down in Div 2?

Home to.....Hull I think? Took ages to score, but when we did, am sure it was the general who stuck it in. What a night. Pitch invasion at the end.........everything. Superb.

I was on the pitch that night as well. We won 1-0 I think and there was a crowd of about 37, 000. If I have remembered that correctly I am probably slightly sad. I 'half-inched' a bit of grass from the pitch that night which I kept in a pot for years. Was also on the pitch against Southampton in the last game and the bloke next to me got a dart in the head!

But to happier events, "When Steve went up to lift the FA Cup, we were there"...... etc

I was on the pitch that night as well. We won 1-0 I think and there was a crowd of about 37, 000. If I have remembered that correctly I am probably slightly sad. I 'half-inched' a bit of grass from the pitch that night which I kept in a pot for years. Was also on the pitch against Southampton in the last game and the bloke next to me got a dart in the head!

But to happier events, "When Steve went up to lift the FA Cup, we were there"...... etc

Perryman did indeed score & the crowd was 36913.

NLS - you must be a similar age to me. I was on the pitch vs Hull when then players got a stading ovation despite being relegated & i also took a bit of the pitch home! I was also on the pitch at the Southampton game. Good times.

Perryman did indeed score & the crowd was 36913.

NLS - you must be a similar age to me. I was on the pitch vs Hull when then players got a stading ovation despite being relegated & i also took a bit of the pitch home! I was also on the pitch at the Southampton game. Good times.

Good times indeed. Went to some different grounds that season in the second division - Mansfield, Bristol Rovers and Blackpool come to mind. And when we came back up going to cities such Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham which were always fun! We always had a friendly reception committee waiting for us.

Did you go to Man U when there were about 100 coaches in Tottenham High Road early one saturday morning? Quite an impressive sight.

Welling up here. Those of you who have been on this site for years & its previous incarnations will know of my admiration of Steve both as a player & a person. I have had many a meeting with him outside grounds, over the last 30 years. The last one lasting about 30 mins outside the Carlisle Ground. He would chat mainly about Tottenham, Exeter (or Watford, Oxford or Brentford). but would then move onto the family. Looking forward to saying hi to him again soon.

Back