• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Get well soon, Stevie

This is the man who:
1. Was my first ever idol as a Spurs player.
2. Presented me with my first cup winners medal in 1975, when I was in "middle" school in Greenford.
3. "Went up to the lift the FA Cup"
4. Would always take the time to talk to me (as a railwayman) when he commuted from Slough to Exeter.
5. Was over the moon and impressed with a mate and I who had driven down to Dawlish one evening to attend an auction.

Please, please get well Steve [-o<

Interesting to note that, on the whole, it's the (ever so slightly!) older generation of fans who have posted on this thread.

Do the younger fans know who Steve Perryman is and all he did for the club?

The real 'Mr Tottenham' of the sides i watched when growing up. Some were more skillful, some a bit tougher, some a bit more colourful but none were more tottenham, a linchpin of the club.

Wishing you well Stevie

Before my time but, he's a legend all the same. Every time me and my dad talk spurs, Perryman comes up. Get well soon..

Stevie Perryman. Mr Tottenham. I can only agree with all the comments that describe him as a TRUE LEGEND.

The first time i got his autograph was in The White Hart pub after either Mansfield or Derby away in the 1977-1978 season......

Playing Career:
Tottenham Hotspur F.C. 1969-1986 (866 app, 39 goals)

Get well soon fella!

for me Stevie P and Hoddle are the legends from when i started supporting the team. I met him once and his is a really nice guy.

Just hope he picks up well and is well real soon.

I was fortunate enough to watch the second half of the Middlesboro game with him a few years ago, absolute gent, didn't mind us asking him questions and getting him to sign our tickets (that's how long ago it was), even though he was trying to watch the game. Legend. Get well soon.

Great player, great bloke, fabulous footballer, great example, fans favourite, good looking, probably has a knob down to his ankles.........

I hate him!

I used to love to watch him play, not just because he was so good, but because he played like I felt, and he always gave 110%

Mr Tottenham, through and through.

My greatest wish is that he comes through all of this, and puts a lot more miles on his clock, he deserves it.

Thank you for everything you have done for me, for everything you gave to the cause.

He did an "evening with" down here at crawley Town a few years back. Absolutely superb.

Had some fantastic stories about his playing career, and one or two that would upset some peoples perceptions of certain characters from the world of football too.

Top, top bloke.

He did an "evening with" down here at crawley Town a few years back. Absolutely superb.

Had some fantastic stories about his playing career, and one or two that would upset some peoples perceptions of certain characters from the world of football too.

Top, top bloke.

Come on Crawley, you can't leave us hanging like that. Give some hints at least.

Come on Crawley, you can't leave us hanging like that. Give some hints at least.

The one that really sticks in my mind is his dislike of former England boss Sir Bobby Robson.

Stevie was a sub for one game during Bobbys England reign, but like several others, Robson could never remember his name.

Anyway, the story revolved around Robson making perryman warm up as a sub all game, until the 90th min, upon which Stevie sat down knowing he wasn't going on, only for Robson to tell him to get up and warm up.
Steve refused, but the story was filled with thoughts and comments fromSteve that had us all in stitches. You had to be there.

He also slaughtered one particular, well known ex-pro that night, but I'm buggered if i can remember who it was now. may have been Rodney marsh or Stan Bowls????

Back