• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Betting has now been suspended on Sandro to QPR, with the book closed at 1/6. #QPR also odds-on to add Aaron Lennon & Jermain Defoe #THFC

This should, if it goes through, bring in close to 20mill£

Last edited:
I find it a bit depressing that this another window when we haven't got a striker/left sided midfielder/playmaker.
I think Berbatov/Keane/Defoe was a better mix than Ade/Soldado/Kane.

I'm also surprised we have never really got anyone in the Modric mould, but instead thought in terms of either defensive midfielders or attacking midfielders, ignoring the link between the two.
(Other than Eriksen possibly)

I find it a bit depressing that this another window when we haven't got a striker/left sided midfielder/playmaker.

I'm also surprised we have never really got anyone in the Modric mould, but instead thought in terms of either defensive midfielders or attacking midfielders, ignoring the link between the two.
I would have agreed with you a year ago but I would have said that one of the changes under Poch is that he wants midfielder who can move the ball rather than just be defensive shields.

Don't worry. We're going to announce a triple deal of Moutinho, Welbeck and Bony later.

I would have agreed with you a year ago but I would have said that one of the changes under Poch is that he wants midfielder who can move the ball rather than just be defensive shields.

That's what I meant by playmaker -the player who links the defence and/or DM with forwards and/or attacking units, who keeps play ticking over but also sees those quick forward passes (probably wasn't very clear). i know there aren't many Modric level players out there - but we didn't even get in a Modric-lite cheaper alternative.

According to SSN we are def keen on Welbeck but Utd are waiting 100% confirmation the Falcao deal has gone through

According to SSN we are def keen on Welbeck but Utd are waiting 100% confirmation the Falcao deal has gone through

That Ian Purslow chap on the SS news has said the Falcao medical will be very stringent and probably run for a long time. If that is the case the Wellback deal will not be announced anytime soon if it happens at all

I will never forget this.

BwdpDHoCEAAF81R.jpg:large

Looking like a pretty **** day if we are not getting a striker in or a left sided player, or a playmaker (I hope Stambouli is really good). I'll be ****ed off if Welbeck goes there, while we have Chadli.

Agreed we need a striker Ade plays everywhere but in the box .Kane hmmm young still and soldado not gonna cut it ... 20 goals there between that lot ! Not enough ... That Defoe lad anyone

6 mill for Sandro????????? Has Levy suddenly got Alzheimerz?? Surely he's worth at least 10!!!

Yeah that's a bargain price. Hopefully it would mean we are desperate to make a space in the squad for someone to come in..... but sadly won't be holding my breath

Monaco are doing a Kazan. If we got Moutinho lol.

Sandro should be loan only, see how he does with a run of games.

This does not look very promising. Talks over Bony have fallen through :( Unless Levy pulls off something spectacular at the very end, which I sereously doubt, this looks to be a very disappointing deadline day!
Please, please dear mr. Levy! Pull a good striker out of the hat!!! [-o<

Back