• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

I like him, think he's underrated. His goal output when played as a striker is actually pretty good too - 8 in 8 this season I think. Would give us something different, he's a threat in behind, can run the channels, link up well, works tirelessly. Would take him as a versatile LF/CF and we're in need of HG players, we're already running low and most of them aren't good enough relative to the rest of the squad. I don't see it happening though.

I like him, think he's underrated. His goal output when played as a striker is actually pretty good too - 8 in 8 this season I think. Would give us something different, he's a threat in behind, can run the channels, link up well, works tirelessly. Would take him as a versatile LF/CF and we're in need of HG players, we're already running low and most of them aren't good enough relative to the rest of the squad. I don't see it happening though.

Neither would Welbeck be. I'd rather go for less costly options with more potential if we're looking to add homegrown players. £20 million is a lot for someone who will never be more than a squaddie.

Fair enough, I wouldn't pay £20m but for me he'd be starting in my side. Would give this a crack -

Paulinho - Sandro - Eriksen
Lamela - Soldado - Welbeck

Do we need a forward? I think Ade/Soldado/Kane is a potentially outstanding roster.

And given we'll be integrating maybe 2 new CB's, a new LB, plus Lamela* as a de facto new signing, I'm not sure there's room for that many new faces.

* Although I'm not at all convinced he'll be here next season.

Do we need a forward? I think Ade/Soldado/Kane is a potentially outstanding roster.

And given we'll be integrating maybe 2 new CB's, a new LB, plus Lamela* as a de facto new signing, I'm not sure there's room for that many new faces.

* Although I'm not at all convinced he'll be here next season.

A lot of the new striker talk is based on us potentially thinking that we can't trust Ade so we give up on him or saying that "well, that didn't work at all" about Soldado and cutting our losses.

Both of those will probably depend on who our manager is (and potential bids for those players).

I agree with the comments on the previous page, if we are looking to bring in a Premiership proven striker, I would prefer Bony or Michu

Not for me Welbeck.

I'd like a centre back, left back and a left winger preseason please.

Oh jesus not Wellbeck please no. Anyway surely we should be waiting till we have a coach/manager for next season so he can have his input on what players he wants.

Hate this just buying players we think might be good, was not a fan of AVB's but to me it is clear he never got the players or the type of players he wanted. Lets do it right this time and give the coach the final say this time.

If the coach thinks he wants wellbeck, well he would be a crap coach but so be it let him decide though.

I agree with the comments on the previous page, if we are looking to bring in a Premiership proven striker, I would prefer Bony or Michu

Yeah someone who can play the lone striker role which is what most teams play now. Not Welbeck who any gets into the england team because he plays for man u.

Unless we're selling either Ade or Soldado then I don't think we should be looking at another pure striker, that's why I'd rather someone like Welbeck as you can plug him in at LF and CF with no fuss.

Unless we're selling either Ade or Soldado then I don't think we should be looking at another pure striker, that's why I'd rather someone like Welbeck as you can plug him in at LF and CF with no fuss.

I think that there is a very strong case for selling Ade whilst his stock is high, especially now he's turned 30.

yeah we seem to be able to get some money from the US clubs due to a loophole in their player funding system.

I think that there is a very strong case for selling Ade whilst his stock is high, especially now he's turned 30.

I agree. Will be up to the new manager, Baldini etc, but it's difficult to trust that Ade will keep performing throughout at a season.

On the other hand, with Soldado struggling and Kane being a youngster still Ade is the only proven top class striker we have and we all know how hard it is to sign a proper striker that succeeds straight away...

Not an easy decision.

I'd rather persist with Chadli for a left sided forward role than blow £20m on Wellbeck, although I agree Wellbeck is underrated...

Back