• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Pretty sure that is Darren Lewis' line from his article this morning:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/king-dead-tottenham-sell-elvis-2237193

I hope Garth isn't failing to attribute good lines to their true originators!

Darren Lewis actually quotes Garth in that article
Former White Hart Lane favourite Garth Crooks could not have put it better with his seal of approval. He said: “Spurs have sold Elvis and signed the Beatles

But he buries it somewhere in the middle, while using it in his own title and outro.

Went to the barbers this morning and a scum fan was having his cut next to me. He said AND I QUOTE

'On paper Theo has more assists and goals than Bale. He's worth nowhere near £80m'

Bit my tongue quite hard.

Darren Lewis actually quotes Garth in that article

But he buries it somewhere in the middle, while using it in his own title and outro.

Ah, thanks for that.

Apologies to Garth - great line man! - and a slap on the wrists to Mr. Lewis and/or his subs.

Went to the barbers this morning and a scum fan was having his cut next to me. He said AND I QUOTE

'On paper Theo has more assists and goals than Bale. He's worth nowhere near £80m'

he does. doesn't mean he is a better player.

and is Bale worth £80m? Like **** he is! That is why i am happy we are cashing in. Bale has had, at best, 1 full and 2 halves of outstanding seasons. He still has a LONG way to go before you can talk of him in the same breath as Messi or Ronaldo.

And his attitude re; not turning up for training is pathetic and insulting to the club, his colleagues and us fans.
Yeah, he had his head turned and i can understand why and how - but he has lacked professionalism and grave over this move, so good ridance.

I personally think he will be average at Madrid, and come Xmas time he will be on the bench and used against the small clubs.

If the reports about an official announcement at 10pm is true then the fact that this has been released makes it a bit of an anti-climax. Its basically an announcement about an announcement.

Whatever fee Real or Marca quote you can almost certainly add £10m to the price. It will be fascinating to hear a full account of what ACTUALLY happened come Tuesday.

No doubt Sky cant wait for the announcement, Their marketing team are probably already working on 'You can still watch him on Sky Sports' banners and ads and waiting to hit the button.

It's rather fitting that we have built a new team out of the man we built our team around last season.

If the noises coming out of Spain are true, Adios Gareth. Thanks for the wonderful memories and the best of luck at the loco, loco world of Real Madrid.

If the reports about an official announcement at 10pm is true then the fact that this has been released makes it a bit of an anti-climax. Its basically an announcement about an announcement.

Whatever fee Real or Marca quote you can almost certainly add £10m to the price. It will be fascinating to hear a full account of what ACTUALLY happened come Tuesday.

No doubt Sky cant wait for the announcement, Their marketing team are probably already working on 'You can still watch him on Sky Sports' banners and ads and waiting to hit the button.

Jim White is touching himself vigorously as we speak.

Di Maria and Benzema have also stated that they are staying at RM

In any case why would any of the 3 of them leave RM to go to ****? They are going to pay for their lack of ambition in the coming years imo.

Re: Losing Bale - did not think he would go until the last week's shenanigans. Despite our strengthening I am still absolutely gutted and echo other fans sentiments when I say I felt privileged to have watched the man live. I have only felt this way twice when Berba turned his back on us and when my hero Hoddle left for Monaco in 87. I can understand why he wants to go in all honesty I don't think if we had qualified for the CL he would have stayed in the face of the relentless pressure this summer from RM. Shame about the last week spoilt his image in my fan's eyes but he has made us a massive amount of money with which we have rebuilt our side - I will not boo him and hope that if it doesn't work out at RM he might one day return.

Last edited:

Bale is off to Real Madrid whilst Theo Walcott was being linked with Liverpool when his contract was coming to an end last season. Yeah, Theo is better.

Why the **** do they refer to all their players by the first name?

You care far too much about Real Madrid. The fact that they are now buying our best players instead of Man U, shows how far we've come in recent years.

We have Lamela now and he's better looking than Bale.

Hopefully Madrid will buy him in about 4 years for a £100 million, as this will mean he's been very successful at Spurs.

They've still **** on us all summer, despite giving us a silly amount of money. 111 years of history, no class.

I can still see scum getting at least one of the 4 Madrid players mentioned, hopefully not Ozil or Casillas.

All this talk of Levy holding the Bale deal up to scupper scum's chances of getting Madrid players, surely the Bale deal is a formality now so Real can get on with selling players? Unless they don't want to lose face by selling players BEFORE Bale's arrival.

Back