• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

IF there isn't a confirmed deal in place then surely Bale may have had his "head turned" BACK onto Tottenham, he would look a fool leaving for the political chaos of Madrids board and changing rooms just as Spurs turn into genuine cup and possibly league contenders.

There's also a very good chance we will be the neutrals team of choice this season and Bale would still be head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of the focus and attention. Fingers crossed Levy and AVB sat him down immediately after last seasons sunderland game and told him exactly what our intentions were.

The signings we made + Bale staying? Insanity :D

Quite funny if Bale is bowled over by what we are doing and starts thinking he wants part of it............only for levy to say 'sorry gareth...you're on your way, we need the money, we're movin on'

Daily Mail: Gareth Bale's departure has bought Tottenham one of the best sides in the Premier League.

Tottenham may have all but lost their prized asset with Gareth Bale on the brink of confirming his switch to Real Madrid, but they've used the world record fee to blah, blah lies and more lies.

Tottenham and Real Madrid have yet to reach a formal agreement over Gareth Bale's proposed record-breaking move to the Spanish giants - despite the London club's huge summer spending.

Sources from both clubs told Goal that reports of a £93 million fee being accepted by Spurs are wide of the mark, with chairman Daniel Levy holding out for £100m from the Santiago Bernabeu outfit.

Goal revealed on Tuesday that Tottenham are closing in on a £60m double swoop for Roma star Erik Lamela and Anzhi attacker Willian as they anticipate Bale's departure for a world-record fee.

Yet Spurs sources insist that the Welshman will stay at White Hart Lane if the Spanish giants refuse to increase the value and structure of their existing offer, believed to be worth around £86m.

Bale has privately told senior Spurs officials of his desire to move to Madrid, where, he believes, he can fulfill his potential and pursue silverware after having spent six years in north London.

The PFA and FWA Player of the Year feels that the time is right to move on this summer after Tottenham failed to qualify for the Champions League last season and Levy accepts that a bid approaching the nine-figure mark would be too good to turn down.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is set to step up his efforts to sign Bale in the coming days, with the 24-year-old forward not expected to play in August, having missed much of pre-season with minor injury complaints.

Tottenham are trying to sign unsettled Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao for around £15m but claim that negotiations over the Portugal international are independent to any discussions over Bale.

Real and Bale's camp are both confident that a move will go through before the transfer window closes but know that the final decision rests with Levy, who is set to break the £100m barrier for the club's summer spending.

The Spurs chairman, a notoriously fierce negotiator, is determined to build a squad capable of qualifying for the Champions League and even competing for the Premier League title - regardless of Bale's future.

The Londoners have already spent heavily this summer to sign Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Etienne Capoue and Nacer Chadli, with Willian's arrival from Anzhi Makhachkala for around £30m expected to be confirmed in the next 24 hours.

Spurs are also confident of agreeing a deal for Lamela following a meeting in London on Tuesday between their technical director, Franco Baldini, and Roma chief Walter Sabatini, who values the Argentine at £29.9m.

Baldini knows Lamela well from his time at Roma and the 21-year-old was a major point of discussion when the Italian met his former colleague Sabatini, the sporting director of Roma, in London earlier in August.

Spurs are also thought to have registered an interest in Roma's Miralem Pjanic but the Italian outfit are only willing to offload one of the pair after selling Pablo Osvaldo to Southampton in a deal worth up to €17.2m (£15m).

www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transf...ham-still-to-agree-bale-deal-with-real-madrid

i think on Friday Bale will be announced as a Real Ma**** player

And I will join in on that from my window at home in north of Norway.... BALE.....BALE.....BALE.....BALE!

Please join in and let him know that in madrid he will ba a football player in Spurs he will be a GHod.
And me on the driveway of my home in Calgary at 9:00am on a Sunday AM waking up the neighbours!!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/21/transfer-window-latest-news-live

"3.01pm BST
There may be some movement on the Gareth Bale deal after all. Gazzetta dello Sport's Carlo Laudisa, who I have been following for a long time and who rarely gets things wrong, says that the only thing remaining now before the deal is announced is for Spurs to agree personal terms with Fabio Coentrao. All in all the deal will be worth €108.5m.

Several of you will ask how an Italian has that information but like I said yesterday, Sky Italia broke the Guardiola to Bayern story and I do trust Laudisa. "

"4.04pm BST
Italian transfer guru Carlo Laudisa has been on again and now says Fabio Coentrao deal to Spurs is OFF! That will not stop the Gareth Bale deal though as Real have agreed to pay €109m over four years for the Welshman.

Is it true? Honest answer: I don't know. All I would say that Laudisa is not someone who goes around making up things for a few hits or followers so I can only presume he has a good contact, either in the Coentrao camp or with Real, and that it is true."

https://twitter.com/carlolaudisa/status/370142695261347840

Carlo Laudisa
‏@carlolaudisa
Per #Bale al #Real ormai manca solo l'intesa economica di #Contreao con il #Tottenham per un affare da 108,5 mln #gds
translated - "For #Bale the #Real now missing only the economic #Contreao agreement with #Tottenham for a bargain from 108.5 million #gds"

Carlo Laudisa
‏@carlolaudisa
Salta l'intesa per Coentrao al #Tottenham e il #Real accetta di pagare 109 mln in 4 anni. Siamo ai dettagli per #Bale a Madrid #gds
translated - "Jump to the agreement for Coentrao # Tottenham and # Real agrees to pay 109 million in 4 years. We are the details for # Bale in Madrid # gds"

Looks like he'll pay for Lamela, Willian £30M each, Soldado £26M and Capoue £8M = £94M. Give or take a couple of Million.

Thank you Gareth, some beautiful football and 1/5th of a new stadium at the end of it.

If he wants to go, and we get Lamela, Willian, Soldado and Capoue for the same price as we sell him to RM for - we cant say no. Simple as that. We have to build a new team, but the quality of those players is too good to let it go. I wanted Gareth to stay, hopefully with Willian in, but Im close to be defeated.

Let him go.

Hopefully we will now play a more attractive style of football rather than boring sideways passes and then to Bale to shoot.

Looks like he'll pay for Lamela, Willian £30M each, Soldado £26M and Capoue £8M = £94M. Give or take a couple of Million.

Thank you Gareth, some beautiful football and 1/5th of a new stadium at the end of it.

Which is fine by me - a new front line and back up to midfield

Do need a CB and a LB though now after Lamela.

Would love to knock RM out of the CL next season just to see the look on ratboy and Bale's faces... Obviously that being the icing on the cake after winning the EPL this year! ;-)

Would love to knock RM out of the CL next season just to see the look on ratboy and Bale's faces... Obviously that being the icing on the cake after winning the EPL this year! ;-)

Now this is a real dream. Would absolutely love it

Would be an interesting analogy to something the Boston Red Sox (baseball) did at the trade deadline in the middle of the 2004 season. After failing to advance beyond the playoffs for several years and being perennial runners-up, they were involved in a four-team deadline-day trade for their all-star captain and "face of the franchise" Nomar Garciaparra, who had spent his entire eight-year career with the Sox up to that point. In the trade, the Sox received in return two journeymen players, Orlando Cabrera and Doug Mientkiewicz, who were not star players but were solid defensively and upgraded some weaknesses. In the words of their GM, Theo Epstein, “We lost a great player in Nomar Garciaparra, but we’ve made our club more functional,” Epstein said. “We weren’t going to win a World Series with our defense.”

Lo and behold, the Sox went on that year to win their first World Series in 86 years.

Back