• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

How many times can people ask the same questions about the same unfounded news strories

The really interesting twist would be if Levy holds firm AND we go and get Lamela...Bale would actually have a (bit of a) fight on his hands...I did say only a bit of one ;-)

Every time I see Madrid saying that 'players want to go there to win trophies', I have to laugh.

Have they looked at their 'success' recently!?.... If he wants runners up medals for La Liga and the Copa Del Ray, before getting played as a full back or crow barred into centre half, then yep, they have a point.

If a player wants to go somewhere to win things then he should go to United, Barcelona or Bayern Munich. Not the Spanish Harlem Globetrotters....

Every time I see Madrid saying that 'players want to go there to win trophies', I have to laugh.

Have they looked at their 'success' recently!?.... If he wants runners up medals for La Liga and the Copa Del Ray, before getting played as a full back or crow barred into centre half, then yep, they have a point.

If a player wants to go somewhere to win things then he should go to United, Barcelona or Bayern Munich. Not the Spanish Harlem Globetrotters....

But then what have we won recently? the league cup in 2008 that's it. That's why us spurs fans are in glasshouses when we laugh at Arsenal's trophy haul since 2005. Real Madrid have won La Liga and Copa del Rey and are competing in the Champions league so that is enough success to draw players to them. The only hope we have of keeping bale is to convince him that the premiership is more competitive than La Liga.

But then what have we won recently? the league cup in 2008 that's it. That's why us spurs fans are in glasshouses when we laugh at Arsenal's trophy haul since 2005. Real Madrid have won La Liga and Copa del Rey and are competing in the Champions league so that is enough success to draw players to them. The only hope we have of keeping bale is to convince him that the premiership is more competitive than La Liga.

That and that he has a signed contract with us. Just a tiny little thing.

Utd seem to be keeping Rooney and Liverpool Suarez, shame Levy will not be that strong

I think we will always be a selling club as long as Levy is the chairman. Don't think we have sold this many key players under any other chairman before.

Utd seem to be keeping Rooney and Liverpool Suarez, shame Levy will not be that strong

If Madrid offered 50m for either rooney or suarez they'd be gone, likewise if Chelsea /arse offered 40m for bale we wouldn't even take them seriously.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

Thanks for posting. Some interesting bits in there.

Here is the Robbie Savage article on the bbc site it referred to...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23703265

I think Bale has used the first 5 so far.

Think we have to be careful about jumping to conclusions. After all we only have the wonderfully reliable media to go by.

Bale is quiet by nature and seldom communicates through the press even when he's being pilloried for diving. On top of that he has probably been advised quite firmly by club and possibly agent that it's in his own best interests to keep absolutely shtum until this thing is resolved one way or another.

I think we will always be a selling club as long as Levy is the chairman. Don't think we have sold this many key players under any other chairman before.

That's unfair on Levy. Man Utd and Liverpool are huge clubs, even if Liverpool are more about their past reputation. We are currently a stepping stone club and will continue to be so unless we become a footballing superpower. And even footballing superpowers are forced to sell their stars sometimes. Us fans may not like it, but that's the reality of it.

Football has changed. It's become more migrant, and with that has come less loyalty. Almost every Spurs player who puts on that shirt today doesn't give a toss about Spurs. They care about themselves and their team mates primarily. They don't regard Spurs as the pinnacle of their career and are probably hoping that they'll get a call from their agent telling them that "Utd want you" or "Madrid want you" etc.

Going by reports the highest bid for Suares so far has been £40m and that was from a direct league rival.

Remember Levy when Chelsea came in for Modric? Yeah...

Do you think it would be different with a different chairman?

Did you prefer the Campbell approach?

Between 1994 and 2003 we only had brick players no-one would touch with a barge pole. Even then we still lost Teddy, Carr, Popescu etc. i.e. - anyone of note.

What a bizarre statement.

Back