• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

The sooner Madrid cough up £90m the sooner he can leave. I have had enough.

We wont know whether he leaves or stays for another couple of weeks. Might as well hope he stays.

No way will any deal be concluded before the last couple of days of this window.

I love how Marca think that Real are the ones in the position of power in these discussions. What that should say is "If Real think Spurs will give an interest free loan to a corrupt, bankrupt club bankrolled by a corrupt state, a bankrupted bank in a corrupt bankrupt country which allows corrupt tax laws they can go f*ck themselves."

Everyone should join Marca and copy and paste that as a comment on the article. I added the bold

Our stance (through the media reports albeit) has been clear since this began.

"we want €120m with a substantial amount if not all up front"

If you won't pay that, then fudge off.

once he goes, I cannot wait for the moment when the likes of Ronaldo, Özil, Benzema, Di Maria, Ramos etc all blank Bale because they dont really want him there.

will serve him right for the way he is behaving towards AVB and the rest by refusing to talk to anyone...what a way to treat people who have done nothing but build him up and helped make him the most important player at the club

At least this time whatever happens we have not shafted ourselves by doing the last minute deadline day tap dance! We've done our business nice and early and the squad has time to bed in. Not Levy's biggest fan but he deserves credit for the way he has acted decisively this time. So with or without Mr. Perfect Bale we should be OK (of course, being Spurs, still plenty of room for a calamitous start to the season).

once he goes, I cannot wait for the moment when the likes of Ronaldo, Özil, Benzema, Di Maria, Ramos etc all blank Bale because they dont really want him there.

will serve him right for the way he is behaving towards AVB and the rest by refusing to talk to anyone...what a way to treat people who have done nothing but build him up and helped make him the most important player at the club

so much hate?

on the other hand, i think the club, avb and bale are going for the win-win here. they going in with eyes open and watching each others' back.

We dont know how the club and AVB are playing this but it definately seems that they can have him but they must pay £100m in 2 installments.

I don't understand why some people aren't levy fans. Threre's not a chairman around who I would swap him for. To be in the position we're in, on a sound financial footing all done with a 36,000 seater stadium, is some feat in my book.

bale+rock.gif

I don't agree that we are the ones holding power. IF we are spending money on basis that we will then sell Bale, Madrid may well hold the upper hand the closer we get to deadline day. They'll know we don't want to be left with a massive shopping bill and a disenchanted Bale.

i don't understand why some people aren't levy fans. Threre's not a chairman around who i would swap him for. To be in the position we're in, on a sound financial footing all done with a 36,000 seater stadium, is some feat in my book.

this. This. & this.

I don't agree that we are the ones holding power. IF we are spending money on basis that we will then sell Bale, Madrid may well hold the upper hand the closer we get to deadline day. They'll know we don't want to be left with a massive shopping bill and a disenchanted Bale.

So far it seems we haven't, so we currently have the upper hand.

If we go and spend £100M tomorrow then yes, I suspect Madrid will.

I don't understand why some people aren't levy fans. Threre's not a chairman around who I would swap him for. To be in the position we're in, on a sound financial footing all done with a 36,000 seater stadium, is some feat in my book.

=D>

Yes, probably taken from a pre-Crystal Palace press conference today.

“His mental state nobody knows because the player doesn’t speak,” said Villas-Boas. “The only thing that we are able to see or you [media] are able to see is the player arriving in and out of the training ground." - So much for any kind of special relationship between Bale and AVB.

I'm pretty sure he means Bale hasn't spoken to the media. He's effectively saying don't presume to know what Bale is thinking because he hasn't said anything to you. Obviously AVB has discussed stuff with him, as he was pictured doing so during training.

"The only thing that we are able to see or you [media]

Unless he is lying (possible) he wasn't just referring to the media but also himself/Spurs.

Does anyone have a link to a video of AVB saying this? Would be interesting to see. Seems with the second sentence in there about only being able to see the player arriving in and out of the training ground he was clearly talking about what the press knows. Obviously AVB himself is able to see more than that.

It seems far fetched to me that AVB wouldn't know about Bale's mental state and for AVB to admit to that to the press.

He lost a fair bit of respect from me for the Berbatov saga where we were left with Fraizer Campbell as the only replacment, and for trying to take us to Stratford. But he's gained it back for the way he's handled the Modric and Bale situations.

I havent seen any video but the Independent reporting on the same press conference said AVB was asked to clarify Bale's mental state after he made these comments. AVB said, "It's fine, it's fine"

"The only thing that we are able to see, or you are able to see, is the player arriving in and out of the training ground."

It looks like he was changing we to you...

If he ment tottenham didnt know would he not say:
"The only thing that we are able to see, and you are able to see, is the player arriving in and out of the training ground."

He lost a fair bit of respect from me for the Berbatov saga where we were left with Fraizer Campbell as the only replacment, and for trying to take us to Stratford. But he's gained it back for the way he's handled the Modric and Bale situations.

I think Berbatov was the biggest lesson he could have learned, probably the final lesson he would have needed to learn before being able to take us up a level. A mistake surely, but he has most certainly learned from it. Stratford....meh. We all would have gotten over it, and it would have been more cost effective.

I think in the Guardian report they wrote it as AVB attempting to deflect the question, so I think it was him saying 'the only thing you can see' as in the media. Of course he knows how Bale is feeling.

And to be honest, did the pictures of Bale with Wales look like those of a man in turmoil to anyone? Not me. To me he looked absolutely sure, focused, like he was at ease with his life. I think he is happy with ether staying one more year or going if we get the crazy offer. He just can't say anything because high level negotiations are taking place.

Back