• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Think if Bale would go out and say:

I have always admired Real Madrid, and its a honour for me that they would want me, but Im a tottenhamplayer now and I love the club and where its going.
If Im a Tottenham og Real Madrid player 2 of sep. is up to the clubs, I will anyway fight for the club.

In my dreams he say this.....

Why be a player in real when you can be a GHod in Tottenham???

As much as I love Bale as a player I am of the opinion, and always have been, that if a player wants to leave then let him leave. It can have a negative impact on team morale etc especially if a player comes in and is moody and broody etc - this is based on what AVB has mentioned that Bale comes in and out and doesnt speak (not sure if thats on the saga or just in general chit chatter).

I would just take 80-100m and let him go. I know I know commercially etc but whilst there is a large chunk of this saga about money, there is a part, that shouldnt be ignored, and that is what impact it may have on him and on our club and media stories etc. Its just sometimes best to just resolve it by just getting rid of the 'problem' and move on.

If Bale was happy to stay and appears to be in his normal state then Id keep him but if its like this (and have experienced it in a workplace where people become moody and broody and its not pleasant) then you may aswell move on.

As much as I love Bale as a player I am of the opinion, and always have been, that if a player wants to leave then let him leave. It can have a negative impact on team morale etc especially if a player comes in and is moody and broody etc - this is based on what AVB has mentioned that Bale comes in and out and doesnt speak (not sure if thats on the saga or just in general chit chatter).

I would just take 80-100m and let him go. I know I know commercially etc but whilst there is a large chunk of this saga about money, there is a part, that shouldnt be ignored, and that is what impact it may have on him and on our club and media stories etc. Its just sometimes best to just resolve it by just getting rid of the 'problem' and move on.

If Bale was happy to stay and appears to be in his normal state then Id keep him but if its like this (and have experienced it in a workplace where people become moody and broody and its not pleasant) then you may aswell move on.

It's not really clear how much Bale wants to leave. There have been reports varying from "Will never put on a Spurs shirt again" to "Would fancy Real but happy to remain at Spurs". So far it does not seem likely that Bale would force a move by transfer request or refusal to play. Personally I feel that if he needs to sulk for the first few games then so be it. He's far too important to us to simply be allowed to leave. A bit of media speculation and/or sulking will only have a temporary effect on the start of our season whereas his permenant departure will massively weaken us for the whole season and beyond.

Moody and broody makes for good marketing posters. And his value when it comes to that exceeds anything Real Madrid can offer. We can't find a half-decent naming rights partner and had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with AIA as a cup sponsor, and that's with Bale in the team. How marketable will our team be if we sold our only superstar? Would a naming rights sponsor touch us with a stick, knowing that any potential exposure they may get with Tottenham finding young, easily marketable superstars will be off-set by the club quickly selling those same superstars to already established clubs when they throw up a moan or a sulk?

We're at a critical junction here. Keep Bale, add to the squad, and you have a team that is in serious contention for every competition it enters into. Sell him, and the instability surrounding a team trying to adapt to life without Bale could very conceivably lead to a slow start, which in the end denies even the CL place that currently looks very achievable. And then we'll be lucky if the rest of our stars don't agitate for moves as well (Barca will be looking for a sweeper-keeper next season when Valdes leaves: Lloris? United need a midfield enforcer: Sandro?) and I suspect by that desperate stage, Aunt Jemima Maple Syrup Inc. offering 10 pounds and an unlimited supply of syrupy goodness will be seen as the best sponsorship deal on the table.

With Bale now out for the first three games of the season, its not looking very good in terms of him staying. I see the word loyalty used a lot here and on other forums but loyalty conjures up an image of someone feeling that they owe something. But I was thinking that if a player was financially sorted earning £150K a week, added to any associated image rights, would a player we happy to be a one club legend or are those days long gone?

For whatever it's worth scout and former Monaco DoF Tor Kristian Karlsen said the following on his twitter yesterday:

As regards to the Bale situation, I'm hearing that the player's future should be settled - one way or the other - over the next 3-4 days

https://twitter.com/karlsentk

Not saying this makes it fact, just sharing the information from someone well connected in the world of football who isn't in the habit of spreading lies.

For whatever it's worth scout and former Monaco DoF Tor Kristian Karlsen said the following on his twitter yesterday:

Not saying this makes it fact, just sharing the information from someone well connected in the world of football who isn't in the habit of spreading lies.

did you used to post under the username Algernon (or something very similar) on this site a few years back?

Nope, why?

just an impression i got some of the things you say and especially that you also mention Tor Kristian Karlsen. I remember Algernon being the only one who ever mentioned this guy

also you are from Norway iirc??...so was Algernon

oh well :)

Potentially an indication of a deadline imposed by Spurs? i.e. meet our valuation of X by this date or he stays.

just an impression i got some of the things you say and especially that you also mention Tor Kristian Karlsen. I remember Algernon being the only one who ever mentioned this guy

Yeah, I'm from Norway too. Algernon or whoever sounds like a fantastic poster ;)

Potentially an indication of a deadline imposed by Spurs? i.e. meet our valuation of X by this date or he stays.

Possibly, or possibly Real having their own deadline before moving on to other targets.

"The only thing that we are able to see, or you are able to see, is the player arriving in and out of the training ground."

It looks like he was changing we to you...

If he ment tottenham didnt know would he not say:
"The only thing that we are able to see, and you are able to see, is the player arriving in and out of the training ground."

You're kidding, surely? Changing or to and can change the whole situation?

I never watch it myself (I tend to either be in a pub with SKY or relying on dodgy rivers), but I think Algernon's been in the studio for the Norwegian Premier League channel on occasion this past season.

Did meet him in real life once, in Brickies I think.

So apart from deciding if a current poster had posted previously under a different name, any thoughts on my post regarding whether players may or may not wish to be a one club legend.

So apart from deciding if a current poster had posted previously under a different name, any thoughts on my post regarding whether players may or may not wish to be a one club legend.

I think it's more likely to happen with players that have been at a club a little longer than he has and are maybe a bit older or they're at a club slightly above their level: ie. Carragher. Bale is still young and improving.

Hey thanks for the reply. How long has he been with us...5 yrs? I would love to think in the midst of all the ducking and diving within football, the odd player pops up and nails his colour to the mast. MLT is always referred to as the one club man at Saints, as are Ledley and Gary for us. I'm sure there are more. If someone can earn £150K at a club (plus other earnings) that gave them the chance and improved them, and they stayed with that club to help push on and become a legend, surely that is better than being lost in a team of many that is expected to win everything???? I am so disallusioned at this moment.:(

Extremely rare these days unless the player is at one of the biggest clubs in the world or they're at a club that is essentially the best they can do.

Being honest with the club about what the player wants, allowing their old club a fair crack at getting a decent fee, not going to one of their biggest rivals and not going on a strike to force a move is about the most I think it's realistic to even dare hope for in terms of loyalty.

I think it's more likely to happen with players that have been at a club a little longer than he has and are maybe a bit older or they're at a club slightly above their level: ie. Carragher. Bale is still young and improving.

As Jordinho says , players that tend to stay and become legends , do so generally at clubs slightly above their level . Carragher is an Everton fan but a Red legend.

It's been said that Bale is now to good for us, that he's now outgrown us. Of course as a Spors fan I think that's nonsense. Bale could stay and help us in our transition to a new stadium and he will become a Spurs legend and win plenty of trophies along the way . Unfortunately for us fans, being a Spurs legend is not a priority for him. I think he wants Real Madrid before he hangs up his boots and to do otherwise will play on his mind for the rest of his life.

Talking of one club legends, gives me a chance to share with you a video of one of my fave one club players, that could well have gone on to a bigger club had he wanted to.

[video=youtube;7RaQGrYnwUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RaQGrYnwUM[/video]

As Jordinho says , players that tend to stay and become legends , do so generally at clubs slightly above their level . Carragher is an Everton fan but a Red legend.

It's been said that Bale is now to good for us, that he's now outgrown us. Of course as a Spors fan I think that's nonsense. Bale could stay and help us in our transition to a new stadium and he will become a Spurs legend and win plenty of trophies along the way . Unfortunately for us fans, being a Spurs legend is not a priority for him. I think he wants Real Madrid before he hangs up his boots and to do otherwise will play on his mind for the rest of his life.

Talking of one club legends, gives me a chance to share with you a video of one of my fave one club players, that could well have gone on to a bigger club had he wanted to.

[video=youtube;7RaQGrYnwUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RaQGrYnwUM[/video]

Totti is another great player, Maldini yet another. I see the point that is being made by you/Jourdinho and Brainclipse, but MLT could have left Southampton, Shearer could have done better that Blackburn...maybe not the best example. I just think if I was earning more money than I could spend, I would see it more of a personal challenge to stay at a progressive club and earn a place in that club's history ,than get lost in the mish mash of another club thrashing about, buying the best players only to stay at the top or thereabouts. If I were MLT I would look back on my carrer and think I'm happy with that. My name is remembered, what will happen to De Maria, Ozil etc?
M

Totti is another great player, Maldini yet another. I see the point that is being made by you/Jourdinho and Brainclipse, but MLT could have left Southampton, Shearer could have done better that Blackburn...maybe not the best example. I just think if I was earning more money than I could spend, I would see it more of a personal challenge to stay at a progressive club and earn a place in that club's history ,than get lost in the mish mash of another club thrashing about, buying the best players only to stay at the top or thereabouts. If I were MLT I would look back on my carrer and think I'm happy with that. My name is remembered, what will happen to De Maria, Ozil etc?
M

Well I can't speak for Jordinho or Braineclipse but I do see your point too . It's just as I said in my post , I think Bale has his heart set on Real Madrid.

I still think he may not get his wish this summer as I don't think Levy will agree payment on their terms. And if it works out Bale stays for another season, I'm pretty sure he will give us some great performances just as he did last season .

Back