• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

The Bale-Adam confronation is exactly why we need retrospective video punishments. We want to get the divers out of the game. But we also want the thugs who take out the man deliberately out of the game. Both are forms of cheating. If the likes of Adam were subject to long bans or made to temper their "style", then the excuse used for divers would be taken away.

let me get this straight, if Bale stops the dives and accepts being clattered all the fans will be happy?? thats the manly thing to do right?

being clattered into and risking months on the sidelines -v- diving out of the way of potentially hazardous tackles:-k

Fly Gareth, Flyyyyyyyyyy!!

article-2214767-15662900000005DC-335_468x312.jpg

let me get this straight, if Bale stops the dives and accepts being clattered all the fans will be happy?? thats the manly thing to do right?

being clattered into and risking months on the sidelines -v- diving out of the way of potentially hazardous tackles:-k

Fly Gareth, Flyyyyyyyyyy!!

Jumping out of the way of a tackle is completely different from a pathetic cheating dive.

The Bale-Adam confronation is exactly why we need retrospective video punishments. We want to get the divers out of the game. But we also want the thugs who take out the man deliberately out of the game. Both are forms of cheating. If the likes of Adam were subject to long bans or made to temper their "style", then the excuse used for divers would be taken away.

=D> this i can agree with. Lets get to the root of the problem

Jumping out of the way of a tackle is completely different from a pathetic cheating dive.

regarding Bale,at the speed he travels he assumes he is going to be hit, so even if he isnt still in his mind he was anticipating it and his dive looks like he was cheating....on sunday he thought Guzan was going to take him out so he took evasive action, at full speed. Natural reaction

it was not a pathetic cheating dive, he didnt role around for 30 seconds simulating any injury

regarding Bale,at the speed he travels he assumes he is going to be hit, so even if he isnt still in his mind he was anticipating it and his dive looks like he was cheating....on sunday he thought Guzan was going to take him out so he took evasive action, at full speed. Natural reaction

it was not a pathetic cheating dive, he didnt role around for 30 seconds simulating any injury

I cannot disagree more - 'assuming' he was going to get hit? lol

This is football - irrespective of your travelling speed - tackles are always a possibility. He made it look like Guzan took him out - not a mere jump ' away' and that is the key diference here.

Again - jumping out of the way is completely different to faking contact and insinuating a tackle has been made. If this went to court - wouldn't last 2 minutes

regarding Bale,at the speed he travels he assumes he is going to be hit

Is his brain working in quantum then, he can see the future? If this was a non-Spurs player you'd be falling over yourself to call him a cheat.

Is his brain working in quantum then, he can see the future? If this was a non-Spurs player you'd be falling over yourself to call him a cheat.

I think this thread should be moved to Classics (instead of some of other 'gems') and be referenced every time ANYONE who supports Bale above moans about other players diving. Double standards deluxe!

i wouldnt....ive said earlier that i accept diving as part of the game. Id rather see attacking players remain fit and dive around than see them hit and out for months on the treatment table

defenders cheat by tackling the man and not the ball, attackers cheat by diving and avoiding potential harm.....cheat cheat cheat, football is full of cheating

I think this thread should be moved to Classics (instead of some of other 'gems') and be referenced every time ANYONE who supports Bale above moans about other players diving. Double standards deluxe!

by all means mate, no double standards on my part....nothing to be ashamed of

i wouldnt....ive said earlier that i accept diving as part of the game. Id rather see attacking players remain fit and dive around than see them hit and out for months on the treatment table

defenders cheat by tackling the man and not the ball, attackers cheat by diving and avoiding potential harm.....cheat cheat cheat, football is full of cheating

I'll keep an eye out for you next time we lose a game to diving ;)

i don't like the diving, but i don't blame the divers, i blame the officials, its up to them to see it and punish players accordingly, they are there to enforce the laws of the game, the players are there to win

Never seen a boxer fall on the ground because he "thought" he was going to get knocked out so it seems strange that a footballer should fly through the air at the thought of getting tackled.

I was playing rugby today and could sense I was going to get tackled HARD so I just threw the ball to the opposing player.

See what I did there?

So you intentionally threw the ball forward which would have resulted in a penalty against your team.

oh dear.

Never seen a boxer fall on the ground because he "thought" he was going to get knocked out so it seems strange that a footballer should fly through the air at the thought of getting tackled.

why do boxers duck and weave in order to avoid being hit???? a footballer diving out of the way of a challenge is avoiding being tackled

I'm pretty sure that evading punches is a very large part of being good at boxing.

Also, there is no equivalent weak area of the body that'll put you out for a long time from one hit. A mis-timed tackle in football which gets your ankle will stop your livelihood for a few months at least, so it is far from dishonest or cheating to get the fudge away from it whenever possible.

Just..., just stop now, please :)

i will...gladly

i cant wait to see the reaction on here when Bale or any other of our players gets caught by a tackle and is then out injured for months

I'm pretty sure that evading punches is a very large part of being good at boxing.

Also, there is no equivalent weak area of the body that'll put you out for a long time from one hit. A mis-timed tackle in football which gets your ankle will stop your livelihood for a few months at least, so it is far from dishonest or cheating to get the fudge away from it whenever possible.

=D>

Back