• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

John W Henry on Suarez today - "He won't be sold even if a foreign club comes in because we do not have time to sign a suitable replacement".

He's got the right idea...

Last edited:

Seems as though Perez is making excuses for when they don't get Bale. 1 minute they would have no problem spending £85M next minute he is not worth that and its to expensive.

come on Gareth grow a pair and start playing again. if your move happens then good for you, but if not 1 more year at Spurs isnt that bad is it?? we could challenge for the tile with you still around

enough of all this already

Seems as though Perez is making excuses for when they don't get Bale. 1 minute they would have no problem spending £85M next minute he is not worth that and its to expensive.

He changed his tune when Ronaldo and Casillas said he was over-priced and didnt want him and also when the fans said he was only worth €60 - 70m

as long as Bale doesnt agitate for a move and Levy sticks to his guns, Bale will be at Spurs next year

£8m for Livermore?

If we get that, which is only slightly less than we are reported to be signing Capoue for, then I will definitely be :ross:

One thing about Livermore...he has a lot of respect within the club for his professionalism, hard work and love of the club. He might not be the most gifted but he treats his job with total respect, something which is valued.

True. I guess my dismissing post was referring to his skill level alone. Like Caulker, he's a young player who won't quite make it with us.

The other attributes that you listed, however, are to be admired.

Nice article from the Telegraph, less of the nonsense that the Guardian has been peddling.

Now it seems clear, Bale isn't forcing through this move. I think he understands that if a deal can be reached, fine. But if not, he will get on with it. We had clearly communicated to Real, and they have clearly understood, that we will not be bullied into this and we are going to get the best deal for ourselves.

Good chance we get Bale for another year, but it seems like if we don't, we get Di Maria and Coentrao plus 40-50M to spend on the likes of Willian, new CB and maybe another striker. (Leandro?)

Bale was never forcing anything. He was happy to stay the extra year as summer started. Barnett and Madrid were talking, it was all settled, then they re-started and got dirtier than ever with their tactics which had Barnett scared of (a) losing his cut and (b) losing Madrid, so he did what an agent does and thusn equalled a confused and frustrated Bale, who believed that his eventual move to madrid was off unless it happened now! I remain hopeful, like everyone, that Levy holds firm BUT ONLY if it benefits us. I have to wonder if he will ever be the same player for us again (I speculated this a couple of weeks ago and still wonder)...I think PERSONALLY that if he stays we will not see him feature until late September. Madrid have effectively fudged his close season, and ours to a large extent.

come on Gareth, man up and get on with playing again

Bale was never forcing anything. He was happy to stay the extra year as summer started. Barnett and Madrid were talking, it was all settled, then they re-started and got dirtier than ever with their tactics which had Barnett scared of (a) losing his cut and (b) losing Madrid, so he did what an agent does and thusn equalled a confused and frustrated Bale, who believed that his eventual move to madrid was off unless it happened now! I remain hopeful, like everyone, that Levy holds firm BUT ONLY if it benefits us. I have to wonder if he will ever be the same player for us again (I speculated this a couple of weeks ago and still wonder)...I think PERSONALLY that if he stays we will not see him feature until late September. Madrid have effectively fudged his close season, and ours to a large extent.

I think holding firm can only benefit us - I'm not sure that I see anyone else coming in remotely close to the asking price and I expect RM will switch targets now

Regarding late Sept - its difficult to say and the Spurs line that he's injured could be blown apart if he plays for Wales. In that case, I would expect him back in the team asap

True. I guess my dismissing post was referring to his skill level alone. Like Caulker, he's a young player who won't quite make it with us.

The other attributes that you listed, however, are to be admired.

Mate, no worries, was absolutely not trying to diss you at all, just putting something else forward about Livermore. He is certainly limited in what he can do, but is cover for a few positions which might be enough (along with his committment) to keep him in AVB's at least peripheral plans...

Mate, no worries, was absolutely not trying to diss you at all, just putting something else forward about Livermore. He is certainly limited in what he can do, but is cover for a few positions which might be enough (along with his committment) to keep him in AVB's at least peripheral plans...

I think what is holding him back at the moment is minutes on the pitch. There is no substitute for it. He's never going to be a world beater but I've seen enough of him to think he'll develop into a good pro, a starter at a bottom half PL club or squad player in a top half club. A loan to another PL team for a season would bring him on to his next level of development.

I think what is holding him back at the moment is minutes on the pitch. There is no substitute for it. He's never going to be a world beater but I've seen enough of him to think he'll develop into a good pro, a starter at a bottom half PL club or squad player in a top half club. A loan to another PL team for a season would bring him on to his next level of development.

Madrid are after the wrong player.

This man stopped Barcelona's 2009 team singled handedly...

Madrid are after the wrong player.

This man stopped Barcelona's 2009 team singled handedly...

Ha. True.

Actually they are after the wrong player. It should be Suarez and I have a feeling Madrid's cross-hairs are gonna be pointed there soon. Perez wants to be elected, nothing more, and the polls tell him that a very small percentage of Madridites want to spend 100mil on Bale so that will be end of it I'd say.

One thing about Livermore...he has a lot of respect within the club for his professionalism, hard work and love of the club. He might not be the most gifted but he treats his job with total respect, something which is valued.
If Livermore is happy at the club and doesn't mind being a squadplayer with limitied opportunities I see no reason to get rid of him unless someone overpays for him, hence the £8m price tag seems just fine. He is still young and we need some home grown players, it's better to get rid of Huddlestone and Parker. I would be really dissapointed if Jake leaves and any of the latter two stays at the club.

Someone should organize getting 10,000 punters and schoolkids to turn up outside the Lane, holding signs and chanting "Stay, Bale, stay!"

What's missing in all this is the voice of Spurs suppprters. We have Spanish media, British media, football execs and pundits, all blabbing on day in and day out. And now a poll of RM fans. Rather than passively watching and waiting, I think a visible and vocal showing of support would be a strong statement - to Spurs, to Bale, and to RM. We need to stand up and be counted.

surely the time to do this is tomorrow's friendly..... should be a decent turnout considering the prices....lots of kids will go.

'hopefully whether he is there or not the fans can make their voice heard before/during & after the match.

Bale should make the effort to be there tomorrow, even as a spectator....surely

Maybe hes gone public to put pressure on the Bale camp to try and get Levy to amend the terms/price

you would hope so.....and please don't call me Shirley

post-24137-Val-Kilmer-wink-gif-Tombstone-L9H5.gif

Back