• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

We hang on to Bale we are going places, the next golden era is on the way.
Hang on a minute.....we hav'nt had a golden era..LOL..

early sixties ..maybe,time for a climate change...Ice white hotspurs............;)

lets not get too carried away though......................................................................

Levy deserves a standing ovation if he can maintain this stand and keep Bale at Spurs. But there are still 3 weeks to go until the transfer window closes. There is enough time for Real to sell some players in order to bid for Bale. Hope we can convince Bale to stay at Spurs.

Also find it very funny we want 8m for Livermore.:ross:
I think it is a big disrespect to Dempsey that we sold him for 6m but want 8m for Livermore.

It's like selling a house though, do you put the house up for the money you want?

No, you put it up for more, as you know the opposite party will try and negotiate.

early sixties ..maybe,time for a climate change...Ice white hotspurs............;)

lets not get too carried away though......................................................................

I was there in the sixties mate, by the way the early seventies and the early eighties weren't too shabby,

try & take with a pinch of salt though......

on the one hand we cant say one paper's report is a load of gonad*s while at the same time taking this as gospel.

its certainly a better headline in this whole saga ill grant you that.

Tottenham Hotspur had the best League record of any club during the 1960s.

I'd say that was our Golden Era...

Combined Football League Division One Table for the 1960

...along with three FA Cups and a European Cup Winners' Cup (the first British club to win a major European trophy).

No club in world football will accept our £8m offer to take Livermore off our hands.

none of us would have thought stoke ponied up the dough they did for Crouchie......nah your prob right.....could see Cardiff/Palace forking out 5-6m though.

Nice article from the Telegraph, less of the nonsense that the Guardian has been peddling.

Now it seems clear, Bale isn't forcing through this move. I think he understands that if a deal can be reached, fine. But if not, he will get on with it. We had clearly communicated to Real, and they have clearly understood, that we will not be bullied into this and we are going to get the best deal for ourselves.

Good chance we get Bale for another year, but it seems like if we don't, we get Di Maria and Coentrao plus 40-50M to spend on the likes of Willian, new CB and maybe another striker. (Leandro?)

none of us would have thought stoke ponied up the dough they did for Crouchie......nah your prob right.....could see Cardiff/Palace forking out 5-6m though.

The Crouch money was phenomenal..but Levy got great money for Palacios as well!!

I love him.

Gonna be a sad day when Levy goes. Last few years I feel he has been bang on with everything. I feel like he is ten steps ahead of any other chairman, he sees all the moves.

He learnt a big lesson over Berbatov, after getting his big fee but seeing us fall back on the pitch as a result. Now he seems to know exactly what he wants to do to build a competitive team on the pitch and won't be stopped.

Also the Darren Bent sale. We ended up getting back all that we paid for him in the end due to the clauses added in.

I am not sure about Bent. I remember we went unusually public with "details" when we sold him

But I am sure that it would be difficult to improve on Levy.

Back