• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

2 teams only who can win it, its a yawnfest every season like Scotland, 1, Germany 2, PL, 3 Spain

Yeah there's no doubting it's a monopoly, but I honestly believe the the league itself has more depth than the premier league. And I do think Madrid and Barca would be comfortably 1st and 2nd in our league too.

Plus there's only 3 teams that can win the PL.

Last edited:

Prem is a 2 horse race every year too. Well it has been for the past 10 or so years.

Prem is a 2 horse race every year too. Well it has been for the past 10 or so years.

However it's been a different two horses most years. You don't know which the two horses will be. Infinitely more entertaining.

thread de-rail alert........

lol prem most exciting/drama ....bundesliga best financially run/safe standing larger crowds......la liga has best players in world playing for superpowers with major advantage over other Spanish teams.......Italian league - poor stadia/ fans on the decline - Juve the exception.

the end back to bale;)

However it's been a different two horses most years. You don't know which the two horses will be. Infinitely more entertaining.

Prem = Decent matches, good atmosphere.
Bundesliga = Exciting teams, great atmosphere.
La Liga = Good football, decent atmosphere.

Best teams in the world in terms of football pretty much all come from Bundesliga/La Liga.

Yeah. Remember Liverpool used to be regular top 4. City are newbies.

Chelsea are only recent. WE ARE NEXT!!

Prem = Decent matches, good atmosphere.
Bundesliga = Exciting teams, great atmosphere.
La Liga = Good football, decent atmosphere.

Best teams in the world in terms of football pretty much all come from Bundesliga/La Liga.

Of the top 4 teams in Europe, none of them are English.

We were going to offer him a mega new deal perhaps he is going to sign it, maybe the club will sell for £100m but are putting no pressure on Bale and are letting him think it through, £100m or Bale staying no wonder the club are cool about it we win either way.

We were going to offer him a mega new deal perhaps he is going to sign it, maybe the club will sell for £100m but are putting no pressure on Bale and are letting him think it through, £100m or Bale staying no wonder the club are cool about it we win either way.

We will have money...but poorer team..................

I think we win more by keeping Bale and getting him to sign at least 1yr extension. That would give a real morale boost to our other star players, the fans and the media that we mean business this year. I am hoping Bale realises that next year Real will still be there and perhaps better offers from other clubs and with a hefty pay rise in the mean time, his agent will be kept happy too. As others have said, the dream scenario is that this is decided before the Palace game so all our focus is on getting off to a great start.

Just cant wait to give a massive fudge you to the media pricks when it comes out he is staying...

Ive never known clamour for a player to be sold abroad like weve had with Bale, for me its been disgraceful

Just cant wait to give a massive fudge you to the media pricks when it comes out he is staying...

Ive never known clamour for a player to be sold abroad like weve had with Bale, for me its been disgraceful

That's because it suits everyone. The Premier League will get the same ammount of fans regardless of whether or not Bale stays, Sky however will want more La Liga viewers and having a British boy made good in madrid is the perfect way to attract more British fans to watching it seeing as there is no longer any British representation in La Liga.

I bet Sky would love Bale in a Madrid shirt.

To get this back on thread

Regardless of all the speculation and the bile spouted by various outlets, i think it is not that hard to read what is happening

1>Bale was happy to stay for another year and probably sign a new deal
2>The RM bile machine 'turned his head' and got him thinking....and some 'now or never' comments got him anxious
3>Bale met with Levy and both probably agreed that they would be happy if he stayed another year (and a nice wage increase) BUT if RM wanted to bid a ridiculous amount, that Levy found acceptable, he would inform Bale and if he felt comfortable with the move then Levy would sanction it and go with our blessing. Bale and Levy agreed to keep their heads down and Levy will keep Bale in the loop at all times
4>The only grey area here is if Levy mentioned figures he thought were acceptable (to Bale), as weeks ago 60-70m would feel acceptable (even to Levy) but now it has inflated to the 100m level Bale may be thinking that Levy demands are ridiculous and will never be met.
5>RM have been in contact and we have met for talks (no bids though) but imo they cannot finance the deal at the level and structure Levy demands.......and so that is where we are.
6>There is a bit of a conundrum for Levy though. From a rivals point of view RM are the best team to sell too. However as other posts/thread have alluded to this could be the last year to really get a ridiculous transfer fee for bale, but that has to be balanced up against RM ability to pay (if the reports are to be believed).

My solution would be 100m Euros. 40m up front and 20m a year for 3yrs after. With the clause that if they miss payment (even by 1 day) Bale returns to us. A bit like an expensive loan.

Written as if i was right there in all the meetings ;)

Last edited:

I think we win more by keeping Bale and getting him to sign at least 1yr extension. That would give a real morale boost to our other star players, the fans and the media that we mean business this year. I am hoping Bale realises that next year Real will still be there and perhaps better offers from other clubs and with a hefty pay rise in the mean time, his agent will be kept happy too. As others have said, the dream scenario is that this is decided before the Palace game so all our focus is on getting off to a great start.

I heard we have offered him a great deal and are putting no pressure on him to sign, we want him to be happy if he stays but he must commit for two more seasons that's the deal.

Back