• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Two years ago, when we were in the CL, we had three top class players in Bale, Modric and VDV. Soon we`ll have none left.

It is easy to see that there are no improvements at all. The quality of the players has gone down. Bale knows this.

We still have other players now but going forward, Bale has no one to play with.

He doesnt seem to be in the latest BT TV ads now either. Dont know whether we should read too much into that or not. But its not starting to look good now

That means nothing though. I dont think any of this EA sports and BT sponsorship etc mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

The polaar opposite also happens, where players are in kits etc then go.

I have never fallen in the CL argument anyway. Unless you can realistically win it, a player will not stay just because of 6 groupe games against 2 teams from Russia and possibly a hammering against a top side.

So you are right, it doesnt make a difference.

Playing with top players and playing the title is really the difference.

I think it also just the name - Real are the equivalent of the Legal "Magic Circle. " Additionally the total financial package on offer at real would blow us out of the water.

Yes they have better players but they play in a league where there are still only effectively 2 teams. I honestly believe that this is going to be one of the most exciting seasons in the PL where if we make the right signings we could be right up there at the top. Madrid will not be able to offer that kind of week in week out excitement imo.

Reading those Bale quotes, it's going to make me very annoyed if he actually is shocked, saddened or distraught or whatever because it would mean that Real's dirty tricks have worked. He must have known they would be interested before saying those quotes but he sti said them, but now the macaronic 'it's now or never' line is probably holding sway. I also wouldn't be surprised if Bale and his agent aren't happy with being told he can leave for a good price next summer because they think they won't be able to add as much to their personal fortune, a share of 100M in bonuses and commission is a lot more than 70-80.

But I still don't see why money and Madrid will be apparently 'too difficult to resist'. Having it sitting in the bank means nothing. If we had an ageing squad that needed replacing then it may be good for something but we don't, we have a good squad. We need genuine difference makers.

Btw, I am loving that in the last few years 'player power' seems to have diminished. Us and Villa have contributed well towards that and it's great to see. fudge the petulant dingdongs.

Two years ago, when we were in the CL, we had three top class players in Bale, Modric and VDV. Soon we`ll have none left.

It is easy to see that there are no improvements at all. The quality of the players has gone down. Bale knows this.

We still have other players now but going forward, Bale has no one to play with.

Yet we got a record 72 points and was only 1 point off 3rd again...

Weve signed 2 exciting young talents in Chadli & Paulinho, with Soldado on the way, the squad is stronger already than last season

These players and agents will know what Levy's like about holding players to contracts. Why then did he sign a contract extension without something like a buyout clause something that would have enabled him have more control over when he leaves? He must have been happy to commit his future to Spurs. I really think this is just a media brick storm stoked up by his agent last week it was Suarez. The player himself is happy at Spurs. Also where's all the stuff about Madrid not being able to afford Bale- has that changed?

This whole, now or never business - If I was Bale and heard that, I'd tell them to f*ck off!

These players and agents will know what Levy's like about holding players to contracts. Why then did he sign a contract extension without something like a buyout clause something that would have enabled him have more control over when he leaves? He must have been happy to commit his future to Spurs. I really think this is just a media brick storm stoked up by his agent last week it was Suarez. The player himself is happy at Spurs. Also where's all the stuff about Madrid not being able to afford Bale- has that changed?

how can they not afford Bale, their turnover is nearly 400 mill isnt it?

he used to love dancing with Ade...where have those good times gone:(

list of world record transfers

article-2380721-1B0C0BFB000005DC-900_634x635.jpg

Bale to be the first player transferred for 9 figures ??? :eek:

Just to let you all know I am about to write a complaint to both the BBC and the Guardian over their reporting of the 'Bale wants Madrid talks' without having any direct quotes.

You expect this sort of crap from the likes of the Sun, the Star etc, but for two well-respected sources I think this has been immensely poor, seeing as their basic tactic has been to copy Marca in an attempt to boost ratings and tweet activity etc.

I urge you all to do the same, and await a response with intrigue.

i forgot Real signed Kaka and Ronaldo in the same summer.....136 mill right there :eek:

iirc they also signed Benzema in the same summer for about 30 mill.....166 mill on 3 players :eek::eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jul/29/gareth-bale-cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid?

Carlo Ancelotti has always been renowned as a player's manager. Whereas some Italian coaches are obsessed by formation, strategy and shape, the Real Madrid manager has a more relaxed approach that concentrates on maximising individual talent.

Ancelotti's trophy haul is impressive rather than spectacular but he has proved the perfect coach for the modern-day owner obsessed with cramming expensive individuals into the same side. At Milan Silvio Berlusconi ordered him to field two strikers; at Chelsea there was pressure to field Roman Abramovich's star signings simultaneously; while at PSG the repeated recruitment of big names – from world-class stars like Zlatan Ibrahimovic to fading forces like David Beckham – also tested his diplomacy. If a president presents Ancelotti with a new superstar, he will manage to accommodate him – usually in his best position.

Madrid, of course, is home of the galáctico. Whereas Barcelona have excelled because of their focus on teamwork, youth development and cohesion, Madrid remain steadfastly committed to the concept of the individual.

Realistically, they do not remotely need Gareth Bale. Last season José Mourinho regularly fielded Cristiano Ronaldo, Mesut Ozil and Angel Di María in the line of three behind the main striker, while Florentino Pérez has now recruited Málaga's Isco – the most impressive performer in Spain's victorious European Under-21 Championship campaign, and yet another gifted attacking midfielder. Then there's Kaká, crowned the world player of the year under the guidance of Ancelotti at Milan.

Whereas Manchester United's rumoured interest in Bale made sense considering their lack of goals from the wing, Madrid would be breaking the world transfer record for a player who does not quite fit.

But this is Madrid, so Bale will probably be signed, and this is Ancelotti, so Bale will start regularly. His development into a pure attacker capable of scoring goals regularly means it's unthinkable he would revert to his old left-back position, and it also seems unlikely Ancelotti would field Bale as an out-and-out left-winger – he appears restricted in that position, forced to dribble down the line before crossing rather than charging towards goal.

André Villas-Boas's use of Bale – now a goalscorer more than a creator – as a central attacking force worked excellently last season. It was notable that he scored several goals from a right-sided position, where he could cut inside before shooting.

"I have been shooting a lot more and I have been coming inside a lot more too," Bale said. "I have a few less assists but I am in more scoring positions and that has helped my scoring tally."

With Isco and Ozil likely to command first-team slots, there is a good chance Ancelotti will decide to shift Ronaldo into a permanent central striking position. The departure of Gonzalo Higuaín to Napoli leaves Karim Benzema as Madrid's only established centre-forward, while Ronaldo's astonishing record of 201 goals in 199 appearances underlines his ability in the penalty box.

There has been discussion about whether Ronaldo's position on the left significantly weakens Madrid defensively. In the defeat to Borussia Dortmund in last season's Champions League group stage, it was clear Jürgen Klopp had asked his players to exploit the space down that flank.

In Madrid's nervous second leg against Galatasaray in the quarter-finals, the Turkish champions did the same, forcing Mourinho to desperately reorganise in order to protect the left-back Fábio Coentrão. Mourinho occasionally used Ronaldo as a lone centre-forward – he scored the Copa del Rey winner in 2011 against Barcelona with a towering header from that position, while Carlos Queiroz sometimes played him up front for Portugal.

In Madrid's 1-0 friendly victory over PSG at the weekend, Benzema scored the winner but was later withdrawn for Kaká, with Ronaldo moving up front. Without Higuaín and with Luis Suárez out of reach if Madrid commit to buying Bale, it makes sense to play Ronaldo in attack and it is clear Ancelotti is considering that possibility.

For Bale, who has unashamedly attempted to mimic Ronaldo's development, that positional switch may be perfect. For Madrid to play two similar players behind a traditional striker would be overkill but if Ronaldo becomes something of an old-fashioned No9, Bale will have greater scope to demonstrate his individualism. That, put simply, is what Real Madrid are all about.

Back