• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Its a tricky one for Levy for sure. Build around Bale or cash in and build with the money.

At the end of the day, if he feels the player ain`t motivated and will not move his arse on the pitch then he should go.

I wouldnt blame Levy for letting him go now, but the mistakes were done before, we should be in a position now to be able to keep our players happy at the club. Its a shame we are not.

I see the logic and I could also see a scenario where after not having his head on right and perhaps being unmotivated where the player 'gets on with it' When sep 2 is gone and the games come thick and fast he will soon be happy enough to play knowing he has something to prove as in matching last season.......also many of us would give anything to be one of the pin up boys of the premiership as Bale is along with RVP/MATA so its not like he still isn't living the footballers dream.

if we also get a good start and new signings impress he will want to be involved..

yep if it means just one season I think Levy should just say no...sorry Gareth this season we are going for it with you included....if you want more wages great if not fair do's but this season you will play for us.

Amongst the heaps of ludicrous media speculation about Bale, the article that seemed to resonate loudest in recent days was the Guardian piece co-scribbled by their Arsenal-West Ham-Axis-of-Evil propagandists, David Hytner and Jamie Jackson. Which is in keeping with the Guardian's general tone toward Spurs in recent years, not co-incidentally the era when Barry Glendenning has become sports editor. If you listen to their podcasts, his tone towards Spurs in general has been disdainful and dismissive. As a proper, professional journo, he doesn't have to like us. He clearly doesn't respect us.

Now we see another piece by their Sunderland-based tooth farmer, Louise Taylor, well positioned hundreds of miles away to opine on Spurs. She ridiculously suggests Bale eclipsing Ronaldo will be the ultimate step of his evolution. That might be true, and I stress 'might'. To do that, Bale's going to need a lot more than footballing skills. She doesn't offer the merest hint that staying with Spurs, taking leadership of a promising team and spurring them to a title, or title contention, or a top four finish might be a more progressive and noteworthy step to take. Put a little leadership skill into the portfolio and add some team achievement before stepping into a minefield of a dressing room in Madrid.

What's actually most interesting is that no comments are being allowed in either of these articles, nor on another opinion piece on Bale by Hytner. Usually, the Guardian allows readers' comments on all their columnists work and, overall, I think they have the best quality comments in the biz. But not on this occasion. Too much chance of flimflam being called?

He shouldn't be allowed to leave, even if he wants to. Dig your heels in Danny boy. fudging madrid **** president brickbag ****sucker

I see the logic and I could also see a scenario where after not having his head on right and perhaps being unmotivated where the player 'gets on with it' When sep 2 is gone and the games come thick and fast he will soon be happy enough to play knowing he has something to prove as in matching last season.......also many of us would give anything to be one of the pin up boys of the premiership as Bale is along with RVP/MATA so its not like he still isn't living the footballers dream.

if we also get a good start and new signings impress he will want to be involved..

yep if it means just one season I think Levy should just say no...sorry Gareth this season we are going for it with you included....if you want more wages great if not fair do's but this season you will play for us.

I totally agree with that to be honest.

Players are always tinkled off for a few weeks, then they get better, just like Modric.

I totally agree with that to be honest.

Players are always tinkled off for a few weeks, then they get better, just like Modric.

Its not ideal but we have to work with it.......I get ribbed from an arsenal supporting st holder who runs the local offie he says to me.....

'Bale is off we are in so much of a better position than you....this is the first season in ages where we don't have the distraction of a star player being courted'

my response was 'Id rather us have a star player to be courted than none at all'

Also Bale has his family to think about.....reading M owen's comments were an eye opener.......things move slowly over their had to stay in a hotel for six months....couldn't talk to his mates his mrs and child were unhappy........things to consider for Mr Bale - a few poor performances and Bale may feel pretty much on his own and wont be able to nip to Cardiff to enjoy quality time with family/mates.

I was resigned to losing him due to Madrids power.....now after observing their tactics im more than willing to tell them to do one.... Keep Bale Levy - get the squad tip top and lets go for it.....'to dare is to do'

There's no way he's leaving this window. Sky bet offering 5/6 that he'll be here next season. Free money IMO.

Not going to argue with that, I've basically been of the same thought process all summer but I think it just gets to a point where SOMETHING has to be said - its getting a bit much now. But hopefully your scenario is correct...

What has changed?

Are we seeing anything we weren't expecting?

Its a tricky one for Levy for sure. Build around Bale or cash in and build with the money.

At the end of the day, if he feels the player ain`t motivated and will not move his arse on the pitch then he should go.

I wouldnt blame Levy for letting him go now, but the mistakes were done before, we should be in a position now to be able to keep our players happy at the club. Its a shame we are not.

Really?

Manchester United weren't able to keep Ronaldo happy when Real came knocking. By your logic by now we should be in a position where we are bigger and more powerful than United?

What has changed?

Are we seeing anything we weren't expecting?

Really?

Manchester United weren't able to keep Ronaldo happy when Real came knocking. By your logic by now we should be in a position where we are bigger and more powerful than United?

Ronaldo had won the whole lot with united. He wanted a new challenge. We dont know why he left. United are the size of Madrid so he didnt leave or a bigger club anyway, so its not the same problem..

Ronaldo had won the whole lot with united. He wanted a new challenge. We dont know why he left. United are the size of Madrid so he didnt leave or a bigger club anyway, so its not the same problem..

So instead of being bigger and more powerful than United at this point it would be enough if we were the same size?

Right...

Gareth Bale - Real Bag the Welshman
My blog has focused up to now on the way that the media depicts Thailand. It is generally shallow, misinformed and designed to reinforce prejudices rather than inform. I've been struck in recent weeks by the way sports journalists cover the much followed football transfer window. It's just the same.

So here's a quick diversion from my usual subject matter - I thought I'd see if I had what it takes to be a sports writer, with my take on the "imminent" transfer of Tottenham's Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.

It's just a gentle dig at the dozens of bloggers who recycle unfounded rumours in the desperate hope you will click on their page:

Real Bag the Welshman by Toby Thomas

Spurs hopes of securing Champions League football next year are in tatters this morning as the inevitable transfer of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid entered its final phase. This blog has kept its readers close to the heart of the action ever since it was clear that the deal could go through any day. Our first report appeared over three years ago.

Last week we exclusively revealed the transfer has been in the making virtually since the day Bale was born. Some would say it is the Spurs superstar’s fate to play for the Spanish club. In late May we delivered an exclusive interview with Mfanwy Morgan, a near neighbor of the Bale family when he was a child. She told us how the young prodigy was frequently seen playing street football wearing a crisp white t-shirt, an obvious tribute to the club whose colours he will now wear at the Bernebeau and an indication of the dream that he has held close to his heart since he was a toddler [Editor’s note – check what colour Spurs play in before this goes out]. Mrs Morgan also revealed that the family once took a summer holiday in the Spanish seaside resort of Marbella, just 600 kilometres down the road from Madrid, a clear sign that the young footballer’s heart has long been set on a move to the club.

Only two days ago we reported on detailed research undertaken on our behalf by a team from Oxford University. Using a NASA super computer and a team of expert linguists they were able to reveal that “Gareth Bale Welshman” is in fact an anagram of “Real Bag the Welshman”. This is a transfer that has clearly been written in the stars.

The evidence for the deal is mounting by the day. Last month, Jonathan Barnett, Bale’s agent was seen buying a bottle of Ambre Solaire Factor 25 sun screen in Boots in Oxford Street then hailing a cab which was seen turning west in the direction of Heathrow airport. It was clear to anyone witnessing these events that Barnett was on his way to the Spanish capital to agree terms with Real’s president.

The final clue fell into place only yesterday when Bale was reportedly seen eating a ham sandwich, which experts suggest could easily have been made from Spanish Serrano ham. This has been interpreted as a slap in the face for Tottenham’s Jewish owners and a coded plea to the Spanish giants to complete this long overdue transfer.

A key figure in this imminent deal is obviously Daniel Levy, the chairman of Tottenham. Levy has built a reputation as a hard negotiator who has previously dug his heels in when clubs have bid for his players. Sources close to Tottenham say that Levy was able to rebuff, at least temporarily, the demands of Dimitar Berbatov and Luka Modric for good reason. Apart from the fact that both players were “bloody foreigners”, Berbatov had a silly haircut and wore an Alice band, whilst Modric is short and “a bit funny looking.” Neither player could connect with Levy’s sentimental soul. Bale is another matter. Despite tying the Welshman to a four year contract only last summer on vastly improved terms, Levy is believed to have been touched by the terrible predicament his young goalscorer is in. Insiders tell us that Levy was close to tears when Bale pointed to Madrid on a map of Spain, turned to his chairman and said, “Oh please Mr Levy. Pretty please.” Levy is now unlikely to deny the childhood dream of the young player. He is also said to have been amazed by Bale’s intellect. He is, say sources close to the Spurs chairman the first British footballer who could accurately pick out a foreign capital on a map.

This blog prides itself on its accuracy and integrity. Last month we correctly reported that Andre Villas Boas was rumoured to be heading for Paris St Germain, only days later we were also quick to identify the speculation that he would be leaving to join Barcelona. We have also been spot on with our revelations that David Villa was rumoured to be coming to Spurs and that Gonzalo Higuain was reported to be about to sign for Arsenal. So when you read here that Gareth Bale is said to be about to join real Madrid you can be absolutely certain that people are saying that’s true. When the transfer does go through as now it surely must, you will read about that here too, within a few days or a week at the most.

Toby Thomas

Toby Thomas is a freelance football correspondent who is really desperate to get paid for writing this sort of crap. He first became interested in writing about sport when he discovered he had a congenital defect which meant he could not throw, catch, run or use a racquet or bat of any sort. Toby lives with his Mum and hopes that soon he will get a girlfriend. For now he divides his time between claiming benefits, copying stuff from other wannabe journalists and just making things up. If you have any comments on his incisive reporting, he hopes they are nice because he has experienced a lot of rejection in his life and just wants to be one of the lads.

http://journalism-factorfiction.blogspot.com/2013/07/gareth-bale-real-bag-welshman.html

Madrid can't handle the cold hard truth that they're not the big boys in Spain anymore. When ever Barca start getting the uper hand they go on summer sprees signing everyone they possibly can with a big reputration, hoping that it will work. They signed argubaly the two best players in the world at the time, Kaka and Ronaldo, and absoloutley ruined Kaka. Ronaldo has played very well for them, but he can't drag them to success. So now they're looking at other big names, they know they'll never get Messi and Neymar's now at Barcelona. They're trying to get Bale as he's probably the only player avaliable who is genuinley world class. Even if they do get Bale though, history tells us that apart from the odd Spanish league title they won't achieve anything.

If Bale does leave I want it to be next season and to Barcelona, a place where players are treated better and a place which has a lot more class then Real Madrid will ever have. You can't buy class as the saying goes.

=D>

British players usually dont go abroad anyway. If we had managed to get what we wanted CL + better players, he would be staying and we could push on for the title. Instead we have fudged up... the Tottenham way.

A few questions:

1. What the fudge are we getting from this supposed "partnership" with Madrid apart from scandalous propaganda from Marca? How many players have WE received in return?

2. Do you think Levy will look to end this "partnership" after the Bale saga ends?

3. Why would Bale go to Real? I'm not saying we are anywhere near as big of a club as them, but they are also rans when it comes to the CL. Wouldn't you rather bide your time and wait for Barca or Bayern to come knocking if you were Bale. Then again, Bale wants to be Ronaldo so desperately with his stance before free kicks and douche sideburns, he probably reads the Spanish version of Hello just to keep tabs on him.

I did warn you didnt i.

we were always open for business with this kid, cause levy hasnt actually made the same stance with bale as he did with modric and he, bale, is just like every other player who has his career to think about.

Absolutely nothing to do with Levy. Madrid moved the goalposts and have applied pressure that even by their standards is disgusting. Levy actually responds badly to this sort of tactic and I think at this stage he woul rather freeze the playe out and keep him. It's getting dirty and it will continue so until Barnet calls truce.

Absolutely nothing to do with Levy. Madrid moved the goalposts and have applied pressure that even by their standards is disgusting. Levy actually responds badly to this sort of tactic and I think at this stage he woul rather freeze the playe out and keep him. It's getting dirty and it will continue so until Barnet calls truce.

Its funny you mention his agent. These players are adults and should act like adults - they shouldnt let an agent do the dirty work or speak for them. Its ludicrous. Yeh let an agent and a lawyer negotiate thats acceptable but anything beyond that is downright pathetic.

Bale is Barnets boss I imagine - in that Bale is the client - so Bale should be dictating what happens and not Barnet or whatever his agent is called.

Is it late to clone Bale? Then we could keep one and sell one for £85m.

Best Of both worlds!

Simps peeps.

A few questions:

1. What the fudge are we getting from this supposed "partnership" with Madrid apart from scandalous propaganda from Marca? How many players have WE received in return?

2. Do you think Levy will look to end this "partnership" after the Bale saga ends?

3. Why would Bale go to Real? I'm not saying we are anywhere near as big of a club as them, but they are also rans when it comes to the CL. Wouldn't you rather bide your time and wait for Barca or Bayern to come knocking if you were Bale. Then again, Bale wants to be Ronaldo so desperately with his stance before free kicks and douche sideburns, he probably reads the Spanish version of Hello just to keep tabs on him.

1. The deal was never about players going anywhere, apart from the vague possibility of maybe a loan deal or two at some point.

2. Possibly, if it makes financial sense for Spurs to do so.

3. Why wouldn't Bale want to go to Real?

Back