• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

It must be said, whatever the final outcome, my respect for Real, and I hope many other's too, has completely diminished.

I used to look at them in awe and respect. Now their image has been completely tarnished, and I hope supporters of other clubs feel the same. Such a grand club shouldn't have to resort to such pathetic bullying, underhand tactics. Even Zidane, who was my childhood hero, I'll never look at the same again.

I only hope people remember this, and who knows, maybe it will put players off joining them in the future (although unlikely I guess).

Im the same Madrid have always been my team in Spain, been to see them lots of times and always watch them on tv, like you the way they have conducted themselves is not short of disgraceful, im sure they wont care but they have lost a fan in me now

What would RM's midfield and attack look like with Bale in...

---------Benzema-------
Ronaldo-----Isco-----Bale
-----Alonso----Modric----

...maybe something like that. There are lots of high class players now sitting on the bench over there but very little in the way of strikers. Is it just Jese and Benzema now? Surely this is where they should concentrate their efforts rather than another AM.

It must be said, whatever the final outcome, my respect for Real, and I hope many other's too, has completely diminished.

I used to look at them in awe and respect. Now their image has been completely tarnished, and I hope supporters of other clubs feel the same. Such a grand club shouldn't have to resort to such pathetic bullying, underhand tactics. Even Zidane, who was my childhood hero, I'll never look at the same again.

I only hope people remember this, and who knows, maybe it will put players off joining them in the future (although unlikely I guess).

Completely agree. I've always fancied Barca over Real, but still had some respect for Real as a historically major club. Nothing left of that respect now - as for Zidane, oh how low he has sunk. Sad, really, because he was a player I respected massively.

Right now, if Bale goes, I'd rather we sell him to one of the cashdoped French clubs for £10 million less than Real offers, than letting them have him. Simply just to tinkle them off and make them look foolish. Not a bright business tactic, but fudge it, I just want Real humiliated.

Completely agree. I've always fancied Barca over Real, but still had some respect for Real as a historically major club. Nothing left of that respect now - as for Zidane, oh how low he has sunk. Sad, really, because he was a player I respected massively.

Right now, if Bale goes, I'd rather we sell him to one of the cashdoped French clubs for £10 million less than Real offers, than letting them have him. Simply just to tinkle them off and make them look foolish. Not a bright business tactic, but fudge it, I just want Real humiliated.

If the media are to be believed, which is a stretch I know, then Bale wants to go to RM because of the club they are (um...were). He might not have the same desire to play for FrenchArab Utd or another nouveau riche club like that.

this is getting infuriating now to be honest.... I haven't got a problem with anybody from spurs' side of things.... levy + AVB have said he's not for sale, there has been no official quote from bale or his agent, both of which really doesn't bother me... they aren't obligated to make such statement...

It's the media that I've had enough of... take BBC this afternoon for example: go on the home page it says "Bale 'wants to speak to madrid' " then you click the link, and there is not one quote anywhere, so where they exactly get the quote that he 'wants to speak to madrid' is absolutely beyond me

Refusing to play for Spurs anymore according to the pullitzer prize winning paper Marca

Miguel Serrano. Madrid 07/29/2013

It seems that the signing of Gareth Bale by Real Madrid is just around the corner. The Welsh star returned to London on Sunday from Hong Kong, where he has been with Tottenham Hotspur, although he has not played for one single minute nor appeared in any of the club's promotional events. There is, as he told MARCA last week, just one single thought in his head - to play for Real Madrid - now.

Bale had hoped that Daniel Levy would keep his promise, and accept Real Madrid's stunning offer of £80 million, which converts to €93 million. However, the refusal of the Tottenham chairman to sell his big star has made the player put his foot down. According to Sunday's Daily Mail, Gareth Bale has no intention of wearing his Spurs shirt ever again.

The Mail also reports that Bale is not suffering any injury, although he is in low spirits, and his mind is 8,756 kilometres away - the distance separating him from Los Angeles, where his future club has started the latest stage of the pre-season.

Bale feels let down by Daniel Levy. The €93 million offer from Real Madrid is almost impossible to refuse, and yet the Tottenham chairman has made the whole affair of the transfer of his big star into a question of honour.

His obsession for making Bale the most expensive footballer of all time has made him turn down an offer that the player, and his agent, and Real Madrid, thought would be irresistible

so we're going to stick our best player / most valuable asset out on a pitch that isn't fit for Sunday league, having already seen one of ours injured?

and yep, we're sure going to wheel him out in front of the world's press at a promo event to have all sorts of stupid questions thrown at him.

and last sentence doesn't make any sense. of course it's a question of honour - honouring the 3 years left on his deal.

Lots of good points made here.

for me i want him to stay because he is genuine box office, the sort of player who gets you out of your seat that creates a buzz whenever he gets the ball. People would come specifically to see him play.

Sure hes maybe not the best player ever but if you compare to someone like mata who is a superb player he isn't as box office as bale, doesn't provide the same excitement.

that kind of player is rare and even rarer that they play for spurs and i want another season of that at least.

he is still young too and will get even better next season don't forget.

It's simple.

Bale would be happy with staying at Spurs. He's not looking to leave this summer. But if the club wants to sell him to Madrid, he's hardly going to turn that down either.

All the BS from the media is a desperation act to force or pressure Bale thinking he has to hand in a transfer request.

He's not that type of boy.

:lol: what?? bit patronising isnt it. Bale is the 3rd best player in the world, a 24 year old man on the cusp of brilliance. He is not a boy, an innocent lad unable to think for himself. He is married, is a father, im sure he knows exactly what he wants in his career. If he doesnt want to leave there wouldnt be all this commotion. He would simply come out and say he is staying at Spurs and things will remain that way untill Spurs decide to sell him

The thing is we will never see the same happy Bale now. Real will always be after him. We will always be pushing for 4th place and lets face it we wont be pushing to win the title we never have so cant see why we would this season. Chelsea have strengthened with their manager and currently their squad and team is better than ours. Arsenal will be stronger, Utd will be weaker in terms of manager but are still United and will 99.999% end up above us, and City are definitely going to be fighting for the title.

I think we should sell Bale for £85m plus and concentrate on becoming a team rather than relying on Bale. Bored of the speculation now and its going to go on for years. Look at Arsneal last year, they sold Van Persie who they relied on and did ok. It might be a step backwards but the money being quoted is ridiculous and he is not better than Ronaldo.

The thing is we will never see the same happy Bale now. Real will always be after him. We will always be pushing for 4th place and lets face it we wont be pushing to win the title we never have so cant see why we would this season. Chelsea have strengthened with their manager and currently their squad and team is better than ours. Arsenal will be stronger, Utd will be weaker in terms of manager but are still United and will 99.999% end up above us, and City are definitely going to be fighting for the title.

I think we should sell Bale for £85m plus and concentrate on becoming a team rather than relying on Bale. Bored of the speculation now and its going to go on for years. Look at Arsneal last year, they sold Van Persie who they relied on and did ok. It might be a step backwards but the money being quoted is ridiculous and he is not better than Ronaldo.

it's about much more than the money.

we should absolutely not capitulate. and we as fans definitely not come around this way of thinking, based purely on the Marca / Real propaganda. their drip, drip has turned in to a waterfall but we cannot allow it to erode our belief.

Bale is ours. there's nothing concrete to suggest he wants to go this year. if Modric got his head down and got back to work then so can Bale if that's what he needs to do.

i just hope that the home fans at the Espanyol game don't turn on Bale - who has done nothing wrong. we need to show him that he's wanted here, not get on his back because of a tabloid rag.

If all the media reports over the last few days do turn out to be false, then I think Spurs should sue the rags like Marca for their blatant propaganda. It's outrageous what they get up to to try and 'turn' a player, and Real Madrid once again have acted like the completely classless club they are.

this is getting infuriating now to be honest.... I haven't got a problem with anybody from spurs' side of things.... levy + AVB have said he's not for sale, there has been no official quote from bale or his agent, both of which really doesn't bother me... they aren't obligated to make such statement...

It's the media that I've had enough of... take BBC this afternoon for example: go on the home page it says "Bale 'wants to speak to madrid' " then you click the link, and there is not one quote anywhere, so where they exactly get the quote that he 'wants to speak to madrid' is absolutely beyond me

I know it's a joke isn't it. The writer even had the nerve to include this laughable paragraph:

"On Saturday, Ancelotti moved Cristiano Ronaldo away from the left flank and into a more central role during the pre-season friendly win over PSG in Sweden, prompting speculation that the Italian is attempting to find a new system to accommodate both Bale and Ronaldo"

Its just getting to me the fact that neither Bale or Levy's coming out and saying anything. Levy has said that players wont be sold, but they do get sold.

In an ideal situation we would tell Real to fcuk off and Bale is ours. But as each day goes by that Bale say's nothing, the more I think he wants to go to Madrid. The papers have been awful in this situation, like the BBC earlier this afternoon not even quoting anything yet they say Bale wants to leave, BUT Bale has not said anything to confirm or deny this.

:lol: what?? bit patronising isnt it. Bale is the 3rd best player in the world, a 24 year old man on the cusp of brilliance. He is not a boy, an innocent lad unable to think for himself. He is married, is a father, im sure he knows exactly what he wants in his career. If he doesnt want to leave there wouldnt be all this commotion. He would simply come out and say he is staying at Spurs and things will remain that way untill Spurs decide to sell him

it's not him or his camp causing the commotion.

you cannot get into the trap of responding to every piece of speculation in the press. if we did, then we'd have even more agents planting stories in order to get the reaction, thereby opening up the 'conversation'. there'd be a never-ending tit-for-tat exchange which would only be damaging for us.

dignified silence is the way. for all you and we know Bale is about to sign an extension for us - and we'll get a nice couple of paragraphs from Levy on the OS. that is all that needs to be said, and only then.

Its just getting to me the fact that neither Bale or Levy's coming out and saying anything. Levy has said that players wont be sold, but they do get sold.

In an ideal situation we would tell Real to fcuk off and Bale is ours. But as each day goes by that Bale say's nothing, the more I think he wants to go to Madrid. The papers have been awful in this situation, like the BBC earlier this afternoon not even quoting anything yet they say Bale wants to leave, BUT Bale has not said anything to confirm or deny this.

Not concerned. Surely if he really wanted to go to Real Madrid, he would come out and say that?

He hasn't. It sells papers, so they print whatever the fudge they want.

I know it's a joke isn't it. The writer even had the nerve to include this laughable paragraph:

"On Saturday, Ancelotti moved Cristiano Ronaldo away from the left flank and into a more central role during the pre-season friendly win over PSG in Sweden, prompting speculation that the Italian is attempting to find a new system to accommodate both Bale and Ronaldo"

i know! :lol:

as if Bale's been playing LW all last season!

it's not him or his camp causing the commotion.

you cannot get into the trap of responding to every piece of speculation in the press. if we did, then we'd have even more agents planting stories in order to get the reaction, thereby opening up the 'conversation'. there'd be a never-ending tit-for-tat exchange which would only be damaging for us.

dignified silence is the way. for all you and we know Bale is about to sign an extension for us - and we'll get a nice couple of paragraphs from Levy on the OS. that is all that needs to be said, and only then.

Noone is asking him to respond to every bit of speculation, but theres only one subject. Does he want to leave this season or play for Spurs? If he comes out and says either way you wouldnt have anymore speculation as he's stated what he wants. But he hasn't and instead the speculation keeps on coming and coming and it hasn't got any sign of going away. All summer I've believed he was staying, but now his silence is deafening...

I wish one of our more....."physical"......supporters would track down Bales agent and lamp the ****

Ronaldo has played more central in the last two friendlies, against Lyon and PSG....against Lyon he was a disaster and looked well pi$$ed off

why change something that works if not to potentially accommodate a new signing for the left, whether its Suarez , Bale or Isco on the left and Bale on the right??

Noone is asking him to respond to every bit of speculation, but theres only one subject. Does he want to leave this season or play for Spurs? If he comes out and says either way you wouldnt have anymore speculation as he's stated what he wants. But he hasn't and instead the speculation keeps on coming and coming and it hasn't got any sign of going away. All summer I've believed he was staying, but now his silence is deafening...

If THFC accept a bid he will leave - so what's he supposed to come out and say?

"I want to play for Spurs next season as long as they don't accept a bid from Real"

Or

"I want to play for Real next season, but only if they have a bid accepted by Spurs"

Which would you prefer?

Back