• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

It is getting really annoying now. Only Levy and Bale can answer all the questions. Wish both will come out and make clear the real situation.

It is?

I for one am finding it hilarious how desperate Real Madrid are currently looking. They look as if they hold none of the cards and will struggle to save face.

It is?

I for one am finding it hilarious how desperate Real Madrid are currently looking. They look as if they hold none of the cards and will struggle to save face.

But there is always this chance of him being influenced by Real Madrid. You have to worry about this.

Yesterday Marca saying they had signed him and now saying he has gone on strike. Why would he go on strike if they've signed him....

Pathetic

Our partnership with Real going swimmingly eh? :ross:

What absolute tossers that club and its media affiliates are

Dunno to be honest. Just have a very horrible feeling that he may be off.

Nah. If we have the promise of 80mil or whatever we would not be haggling over a few million in the Soldado deal. Add to that the way he is being marketed by everyone and everything associated to the club. This would indicate he's here for at least one more season.

Nah. If we have the promise of 80mil or whatever we would not be haggling over a few million in the Soldado deal. Add to that the way he is being marketed by everyone and everything associated to the club. This would indicate he's here for at least one more season.

Lol, Levy would negotiate the price of a pint.

I don't know how people can be so confident that he's staying. Lets face it, he will go eventually. I'm not saying it will be this week or even this season, but I'm worried to say the least. I get that the likes of Sky Sports News have nothing better to do at this time of the year, but when you add up the stories about him going, him not playing today, AVB not commenting about it, it doesn't look good.

I don't know how people can be so confident that he's staying. Lets face it, he will go eventually. I'm not saying it will be this week or even this season, but I'm worried to say the least. I get that the likes of Sky Sports News have nothing better to do at this time of the year, but when you add up the stories about him going, him not playing today, AVB not commenting about it, it doesn't look good.

:) Well yes he does drive a hard bargain, but you'd have to think if he was selling Bale he would need to have something to deflect the fans (and AVBs) anger and buying a shiny new striker would be one such way. Leaving that aside there are just too many indications that Bale is staying, not least the he is staying statements. He may go but not this year.

If Bale did leave now, Levy would be facing a lot of angry calls. Not from the fans (sadly, we don't count all that much in the scheme of things), but from people who matter more to the health of our club.Calls:

1) from the directors of NBC-Comcast, who would quite probably be outraged that the poster boy (literally) for their new Premier League broadcast deal upped sticks and moved to Spain,

2) from the managing directors of Under Armour, who made him their advertising lead for the European football market in anticipation of a more extended stay at Spurs,

3) from the marketing and legal department of Electronic Arts, who signed him up (Spurs jersey and all) to be one of two men on the cover of FIFA 14's Ireland, Europe and Middle Eastern editions, and

4) from BT Sport, which made him the lead man in their advertising of their PL content.

I suspect those deals combined add up to far, far more than Levy could hope to make by selling Bale this window, and our cut of said deals is bound to be a considerable chunk of our future income. So I personally have no fears about Bale leaving. Our financial stability, our reputation in the business community and our attempts to break into the US market would be fatally undermined were we to sell, and those things are worth more than any amount of money slimy Florentino Perez desperately flings our way.

all we have heard from the club on the matter is that he isn't for sale and all we have heard from Bale is that he's focused on next season with Spurs and achieving the best we can/improving on last season.

the only times we have sold key players in the past is when they have publicly stated their determination to leave the club and/or gone on to be disruptive influences, in Modric's case where he had a long term contract (as opposed to Carrick/Berbatov) we even put our foot down and didn't fold to the initial summers pressure until a club that we were prepared to sell to came in with an offer. i am confident that Bale isn't going to be kicking up a fuss about moving this summer and even if he did - with his contract length i wouldn't imagine us being ready to sell

so keeping all of that in mind - Im not sure why some people aren't confident of him staying this summer

SSN: Speculation continues about the future of Gareth Bale.

Yes, it continues because of your refusal to accept that we ain't bloody selling him and you want to be seen to have broken the story first, you utter bunch of ****s.

This could actually make me ditch Sky sports. So fed up with this brick.

Depends on your perspective.

I don't think it's any secret that Bale and Madrid will happen at some point in the next 24 months, just not this next 12 for sure. As for the media noise, again, no secret that people might have met and discussed possibilities in the future, but that's all it is, in the future.

Why on earth should AVB repeat himself every single press conference? That was essentially what he said earlier. He has commented on Bale's immediate future. Three times now. He is right to leave it alone.

As for him not playing...if he has a slight knock, I wouldn't be playing him in those weather conditions either.

Stop worrying about him going for the next year mate...

If Bale did leave now, Levy would be facing a lot of angry calls. Not from the fans (sadly, we don't count all that much in the scheme of things), but from people who matter more to the health of our club.Calls:

1) from the directors of NBC-Comcast, who would quite probably be outraged that the poster boy (literally) for their new Premier League broadcast deal upped sticks and moved to Spain,

2) from the managing directors of Under Armour, who made him their advertising lead for the European football market in anticipation of a more extended stay at Spurs,

3) from the marketing and legal department of Electronic Arts, who signed him up (Spurs jersey and all) to be one of two men on the cover of FIFA 14's Ireland, Europe and Middle Eastern editions, and

4) from BT Sport, which made him the lead man in their advertising of their PL content.

I suspect those deals combined add up to far, far more than Levy could hope to make by selling Bale this window, and our cut of said deals is bound to be a considerable chunk of our future income. So I personally have no fears about Bale leaving. Our financial stability, our reputation in the business community and our attempts to break into the US market would be fatally undermined were we to sell, and those things are worth more than any amount of money slimy Florentino Perez desperately flings our way.
I can't imagine those three companies ran with those campaigns without some sort of input from the club. His future with the club has been in 'doubt' from the media for over a year now - I can't see them rolling the dice with their ad campaigns without some sort of security.

I had to message Marca they are fudging me off so much under the Bale article you can write in if you spot a mistake, I wrote this :

The issue being the whole story is complete fabrication as all of yours are about Bale, yesterday you said Madrid has signed him now he has put a transfer request, well why would he do that if Madrid had already signed him, the tapping up of the player through your so called publication has been nothing short of disgusting, you really are nothing more than Madrid's puppet, and it would surprise me if after this daily charade Levy actually tells Madrid and Perez to go fudge themselves and will never ever sell you Bale even if he does come up for sale next summer.
I actually find it embarassing that your reporters actually call themselves journalists...

Back