• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

mate it's all for show - Bale knows Real want him, we know Real want him and Real know we aren't selling. no amount of flimflam press articles are going to unsettle a player who already knows of their interest ffs

do you think Bale or his agent aren't already aware that Real really really want him? believe me they do and it will be because they have spoken directly to his party - not because some two bob sports paper keeps publishing stories about it.

Levy has nothing to say publicly because there has been no public bid and all parties are aware of the situation

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Levy is loving the hype around the deal and wants it to carry on at full throttle - might earn us a few extra quid in marketing once the window shuts and Bale is still here

Why do we need to say anything, he is our player and is contracted to us for 3 more years, end of story, AVB has said it numerous times now he isnt leaving end of..

Madrid's puppet can make up what they like each day, nothing is different, he is staying end of

Totally agree with what you say in principle, and I'm sure Levy is of the same mindset. Having said that, I really want Levy to tell them to fudge off, or put a price of an entire team, or say £2BN for Bale alone, just for the fudge of it.

Totally agree with what you say in principle, and I'm sure Levy is of the same mindset. Having said that, I really want Levy to tell them to fudge off, or put a price of an entire team, or say £2BN for Bale alone, just for the fudge of it.

I agree id love him to come out and tell them and Marca to literally fudge right off on SSN

Levy won't come out and say anything because he - quite rightly - doesn't want to set a precedent of responding to tabloid speculation.

Bale (and certainly his agent) won't come out and say anything because (a) they don't want to burn any bridges by saying something that could get mistranslated or misinterpreted by either the Real Madrid fans or our fans; and (b) because every tabloid story featuring him is maintaining his high profile as one of the world's best footballers.

Why do we need to say anything, he is our player and is contracted to us for 3 more years, end of story, AVB has said it numerous times now he isnt leaving end of..

Madrid's puppet can make up what they like each day, nothing is different, he is staying end of

Bale is just a human. You can't expect him to be loyal to us all the time. Sooner or later, he is going to be influenced by lust for glory looking at the way Real are trying to lure him. Notice that Bale still has not come out and said he wants to stay at Spurs. It is the full responsibility of the Spurs management to do all they can to keep Bale. Don't wait until Real Madrid brain-wash him to demand a transfer.

Lovely Hoddle video... Really really wish I'd seen him in this Sky era...
I saw him play a lot live. So I've got the memories. But I really wish there was more high quality footage of him so (a) I could watch it back, and (b) younger fans could get a chance to see one of the greatest footballers who ever lived play in a Spurs shirt. The footage we have just doesn't do him justice... the guy was a maestro. He's the reason I'm a Spurs fan (actually no, my dad's the reason I'm a Spurs fan - but Hoddle made it easy to follow in my dad's footsteps).

Levy won't come out and say anything because he - quite rightly - doesn't want to set a precedent of responding to tabloid speculation.

Bale (and certainly his agent) won't come out and say anything because (a) they don't want to burn any bridges by saying something that could get mistranslated or misinterpreted by either the Real Madrid fans or our fans; and (b) because every tabloid story featuring him is maintaining his high profile as one of the world's best footballers.

Levy has done before though - with the whole letter regarding berbatov and keane I think. The thing is he got bitten there.

An odious Armada of turds was today launched from the mouthpiece of Spanish footballing royalty.

The obnoxious flotilla set a course for London whilst infamous pirate Vice Admiral Levy played bowls on the seafront calmly plotting his counter attack.

Last edited:

I think the view held is that it's best left alone.
Everything which needs to be said has been said.
If they responded to every newspaper story then it'd be the dog chasing it's tail mate.
I have no doubt Marca will run a story soon which will 'explain' what this story 'really' meant!

This, coming out and saying anything will not stop the doom mongers from speculating that he is off.

From what age can you remember Hoddle at? From a deeper position, and in a far worse team, Hoddle bagged 22 goals in 79/80 and almost all of them were worldies and that was before Hoddle hit his peak. In fact, almost every single goal Hoddle scored was a worldie.

I love Bale, but he isn't the same quality as Hoddle was. Hoddle was the best creative/attacking player in the world bar one very small Argentine. Out of all the players I see today, Messi is better than Hoddle. Ronaldo is not, and Bale is not as good as Ronaldo yet. Hoddle played when the pitches were terrible, the stadiums didn't insulate against wind as much and where you had no protection from having the brick kicked out of you. If Hoddle played in the modern game, he'd be unbelievable and even more effective than he was back then.

I don't think it helps that much to talk purely in terms of goals, after all, Clive Allen scored 49 in 86/87 but I don't hear too many shouting for him as a true Tottenham great.

However, since you raise the stat, eight of those Hoddle goals in 79/80 were from the penalty spot. Only twelve of his League goals in 41 appearances were from open play that season, operating further forward in the number 10 shirt than he did later in his career when he became (even) more of a playmaker from deep.

Yes, Hoddle was a staggering talent, the like of which we shall probably never see again. He was ALWAYS breathtaking to watch, his poise, artistry, vision, skill, grace, control, all were unparalleled, neither have they been emulated since by any player I have ever witnessed.

Even so I would STILL insist that Bale produced more out-and-out brilliance last season than did Hoddle in any one of his. Those videos of Hoddle's greatest goals, a good number of which I was lucky enough to witness, span a Tottenham career of 12 seasons and 370 appearances. If I am allowed just one critcism it is that considering his majestic talent, Hoddle scored so FEW goals from open play during that glittering career. So many times he unselfishly attempted to put a team-mate through on goal when you knew he had the talent to waltz through on his own and score.

This came home to me with some force as I watched with a lump in my throat his the penultimate home game when he picked up the ball deep in the Tottenham half and danced through a pack of mesmerised Oxford United defenders before making the goalie look silly. I remember screaming to myself, why oh why have you left it until now to do that!

Then again, it was such a privileged to have been there.

I don't think it helps that much to talk purely in terms of goals, after all, Clive Allen scored 49 in 86/87 but I don't hear too many shouting for him as a true Tottenham great.

However, since you raise the stat, eight of those Hoddle goals in 79/80 were from the penalty spot. Only twelve of his League goals in 41 appearances were from open play that season, operating further forward in the number 10 shirt than he did later in his career when he became (even) more of a playmaker from deep.

Yes, Hoddle was a staggering talent, the like of which we shall probably never see again. He was ALWAYS breathtaking to watch, his poise, artistry, vision, skill, grace, control, all were unparalleled, neither have they been emulated since by any player I have ever witnessed.

Even so I would STILL insist that Bale produced more out-and-out brilliance last season than did Hoddle in any one of his. Those videos of Hoddle's greatest goals, a good number of which I was lucky enough to witness, span a Tottenham career of 12 seasons and 370 appearances. If I am allowed just one critcism it is that considering his majestic talent, Hoddle scored so FEW goals from open play during that glittering career. So many times he unselfishly attempted to put a team-mate through on goal when you knew he had the talent to waltz through on his own and score.

This came home to me with some force as I watched with a lump in my throat his the penultimate home game when he picked up the ball deep in the Tottenham half and danced through a pack of mesmerised Oxford United defenders before making the goalie look silly. I remember screaming to myself, why oh why have you left it until now to do that!

Then again, it was such a privileged to have been there.

I agree about the goal scoring point, but Hoddle played deep in those days. Ardiles played further forward. It was in the early 80's they switched those roles and then it was only for a couple of seasons. I also think Hoddle would be an even better player now than he was then as he would have had protection from the evil challenges he used to take and the pitches are so much better now.

I agree about the goal scoring point, but Hoddle played deep in those days. Ardiles played further forward. It was in the early 80's they switched those roles and then it was only for a couple of seasons. I also think Hoddle would be an even better player now than he was then as he would have had protection from the evil challenges he used to take and the pitches are so much better now.

Agreed. I think it's hard for people who didn't se him week in week out to fully appreciate what a phenomenon in British football he was given the era and nature of the game. He had the fluidity of a Socrates too...yah, imagine him today. Untouchable.

Yes, also just think how much he would have benefited from today's uper-sophisticated fitness and training regimes. He was gobsmacking in the 70s and 80s so the mind boggles at what he might have been like now.

Gareth Bale is one of the best players ever to wear the Spurs shirt. I could not care less if he is number 5 or number 15 in our list of greatest ever players. I personally think he could be our number one. He has it all except for the "Hollywood" ball.

These are the "good old days."

Enjoy him.

REAL MADRID last night stepped up their £130million hunt for Gareth Bale.

Reports in Spain suggest Madrid have a six-year £51m WAGE deal agreed in principle with Tottenham’s Bale.

And that will come on top of the monster £80m transfer fee they will have to pay for the winger.

But Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas insisted he will fight to keep his prized asset — even though that £80m fee would match the world record Real paid to Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.

Welsh wizard Bale, 24, is not fit for today’s friendly against Sunderland in the Premier League Asia Trophy in Hong Kong.

AVB said: “I want to repeat what I was telling you last season and at the start of the summer.

“He is a Tottenham player, one of the most fantastic players in the world and we are counting on him for the future.

“Unfortunately he won’t be fit to face Sunderland as he’s recovering from a knock in training. But we expect him to feature in our second game.”

Madrid sports newspaper Marca claimed yesterday that Bale had already told Tottenham chiefs he wished to join Real.

The report insisted Bale has not put in a transfer request but told chairman Daniel Levy he would like to be allowed to join Madrid this summer.

Bale’s representatives are said to have agreed an £8.5m-a-year deal with Real that will run until 2019 — provided the Spaniards convince Spurs to let their star man go.

Real president Florentino Perez has reportedly already spoken to Levy.

And sources suggest Madrid will put in an offer to Tottenham during their pre-season tour of the US early next month.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5030576/Gareth-Bale-tempted-by-130MILLION-Real-Madrid-offer.html

Marca now saying Bale's injury is fake and that he has gone on strike hahahahahaha, its brilliant to watch this

It is getting really annoying now. Only Levy and Bale can answer all the questions. Wish both will come out and make clear the real situation.

It is getting really annoying now. Only Levy and Bale can answer all the questions. Wish both will come out and make clear the real situation.

Levy should go out and say that if RM continues with these dirty tactics GB will never be sold to them. When GB does go, I'd rather see him at any club (abroad) than RM, even if it's for less money.

Levy should go out and say that if RM continues with these dirty tactics GB will never be sold to them. When GB does go, I'd rather see him at any club (abroad) than RM, even if it's for less money.

I will prefer him going to Barcelona, if they need him. After all, Real Madrid has not won the CL since 2002, even with Ronaldo around.

Back