• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year: Gareth Bale

Just saw the clips of the award. AVB seems so happy for Bale throughout the clips. But he gives only a handshake and pat on the back for Bale, not the "huge hug" as someone has claimed above.:lol:

[video=youtube;cJC6ZSjt-fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJC6ZSjt-fE[/video]

[video=youtube;JnCoowLXUzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnCoowLXUzY[/video]

Re: Gareth Bale

Zinedine Zidane claims Europe's top clubs could afford Tottenham's Gareth Bale

Real Madrid ambassador Zinedine Zidane claims Europe's top clubs would be prepared to spend big on Tottenham Hotspur's Gareth Bale.

The Welsh forward, who recently landed a PFA awards double by being named Player and Young Player of the Year, continues to be heavily linked with a summer move away from White Hart Lane.

Spurs are understandably reluctant to part with their most prized asset, with Bale having helped to fire them into contention for a top-four finish in the Premier League.

They would demand a sizeable fee if a deal were to be done, but Zidane does not see that being an issue for the sides reported to be leading the hunt for Bale's signature.

The former World Player of the Year said: "After the season he has just had - and still being so young, of course - Gareth Bale is going to be one of the most expensive players in the world if he decides to move.

"Tottenham could demand £40m, £50m, maybe even £60m for him. It is a lot of money, but there are maybe three or four teams in the world that can pay that sort of transfer fee, and it won't put them off.

"A player like Bale can be the difference between a big club winning the league or the Champions League.

"They would be getting the best player in Europe this season - and he is at an age where he can still play at the top for another 10 years."

Concentrate

Bale has attempted to play down the speculation regarding his future, saying: "I just take no notice, it's all speculation, I can't do anything about it.

"I just concentrate on my football and play as well as I can and do my best for the team."

He is, however, considered to be a summer target for Real, their Primera Liga rivals Barcelona, German champions Bayern Munich and wealthy Ligue 1 outfit Paris St Germain.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...op-clubs-could-afford-Tottenham-s-Gareth-Bale

-----------

Stupid Zizou... shut up! lol. What a legend, what a compliment for Bale to be considered the best player in Europe by one of the true greats. Bale could and should do whatever he wants, frighteningly good player and of course we'd love to see him here for the rest of his playing days but I wish him every success wherever he goes. I sincerely hope we never sour this relationship with a player who has been absolutely brilliant for us.

BALE BALE BALE BALE BALE!!!

Hope Levy won't be stupid to let Bale go for anything less than 70-80m. I think most big clubs can afford to pay 40-50m as Chelsea paid 50m for Torres. If you want to keep Bale, you need to put a price tag beyond the reach of big clubs. I think 70-80m should keep out most big clubs from trying to sign Bale.

Spurs legends urge Bale to stay

Ricky Villa and Ossie Ardiles saluted Gareth Bale's excellence and then spoke of their hope that the Tottenham star remains at White Hart Lane.

On Sunday night, Bale, 23, became just the third player in history to win the PFA's Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year award on the same evening.

The Welshman beat Robin van Persie, Luis Suarez, Juan Mata, Michael Carrick and Eden Hazard to win the highly-coveted senior award, which he also clinched two seasons ago.

Bale's terrific performances this season have led to renewed speculation that the forward, who scored his 24th Spurs goal of the season at Wigan on Saturday, could be the subject of a big-money bid from Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Emirates Marketing Project this summer.

Bale has often said he would relish the chance of playing abroad but Villa, who made 168 appearances for the club, hopes he stays for a few years before moving on.

"He really is a great player, a top player," said Villa.

"He is one of these players who can do different things.

"I expect that he will stay at the club - they have a chance to qualify for Europe and this is a good point for him. I expect him to play for the club for two or three more years

"Everyone wants to play for these big, big clubs, but he has a lot of things to do for Tottenham.

"Maybe in the next few years he will need to move, but at the moment I believe he is expecting to win something important with this club. This is very important for him, I think."

Ardiles, who moved to Spurs 35 years ago with his compatriot Villa, is also confident that Bale will stay at the club.

He concedes the chances of the player being tempted to leave, though, will increase if Tottenham do not qualify for the Champions League.

"As (Spurs boss) Andre Villas-Boas has said, we need to be in Europe to keep him and I think this is what is going to happen," said Ardiles, who played 311 times for the north London club.

"He is very happy playing at Spurs - he is a big idol there and a big hero. At the moment he is very happy indeed.

"From the point of view of a Tottenham supporter, I hope he stays for as long as possible at the club."

Prior to Sunday night, only Cristiano Ronaldo and Andy Gray had won both the junior and senior awards for the same season.

Ardiles has been pleased with how the pacy forward has performed this term.

"I think he deserves to win. He has had a superb season," Ardiles said.

--------------------------

Hope we can keep Bale for atleast a few more years.

Stupid Zizou... shut up! lol. What a legend, what a compliment for Bale to be considered the best player in Europe by one of the true greats. Bale could and should do whatever he wants, frighteningly good player and of course we'd love to see him here for the rest of his playing days but I wish him every success wherever he goes. I sincerely hope we never sour this relationship with a player who has been absolutely brilliant for us.

BALE BALE BALE BALE BALE!!!

Real know how to use the press to their advantage. Bigging up the player, making it known that they're aware of him.

Just saw the clips of the award. AVB seems so happy for Bale throughout the clips. But he gives only a handshake and pat on the back for Bale, not the "huge hug" as someone has claimed above.:lol:

[video=youtube;cJC6ZSjt-fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJC6ZSjt-fE[/video]

[video=youtube;JnCoowLXUzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnCoowLXUzY[/video]

Nice to see his parents there. They look incredibly proud (why wouldn't they be). Hopefully they're a huge influence in him and he wants to stay close to them!

Christ, what a cringe when he the interviewer asked about the speculation, poor timing as well.

this guy has got PR savvy as well.
hard questions and untimely no doubt, but he turned it around magnificently
watch out for the megabucks personal sponsorship deals now.

Football Writers Player of the Year !!!!!!!

well done Christian

Gareth Bale - Football Writers' Player of the Year

Tottenham's Gareth Bale has been named as the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year

so he is triple player of the year....PFA young, senior and football writers. Surely a first???

Re: Gareth Bale - Football Writers' Player of the Year

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Gareth Bale: Is the top rated player in the Premier League this season according to @WhoScored ratings, averaging 7.94 over the season

Voting for @theofficialFWA Footballer of the Year award: Bale got 53%, RvP 2nd with 43%. Suarez got just 2 votes (taken after bite incident)

Utd and Liverpool fans fuming even more :lol:

To the RAWKmobile!

rawkmobile.jpg

so he is triple player of the year....PFA young, senior and football writers. Surely a first???

Second after C. Ronaldo in 2006/07, when he also won Fans player of the year award, according to Wikipedia.

Still: Very well done!!

Back