• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Great words from AVB:

"Most teams have to hang on to their best players, Barcelona losing Messi would be a disaster, Real Madrid losing Ronaldo would be a disaster so this is exactly the same. Teams are dependent on great organisation and also great individuals when they are able to express their football to the maximum.
There isn't a release clause in English football, it's very difficult to negotiate with Tottenham as you know and we are not willing to let our best assets go. We can't turn this into a debate every time a player does well.""

=D>

balefreekick.gif

perfect free kick.

Well, he's right unfortunately. Top players like Bale won't stick around long whilst we don't pay high wages AND aren't a CL regular. We do have a history of selling our top players. And when we don't go out and strenghthen our strikeforce like we should have done last month, it doesn't send out a very good message to players like Bale.

Agree. Except it's given him that much more scope to come inside and be even more the main man.

aha....ronaldo is a good exmaple. i want him to play like that...., actually marky said the same thing...if bale goes there this summer then will bale and ronaldo get in each others way?

incidentally ronaldo does play behind the front guy, but actually occupies the positions that henry did for arsenal.......

I would say Ronaldo has a free role at Madrid, and I am begininng to think Bale should have the same at Spurs. I feel I can no longer sing "he plays on the left"

Deluded Gooners on Facebook (one of which goes to every game) trying to tell me Walcott is better than Bale.

Their argument is Walcott has more goals and assists this season so he must be better.

LOL.

I actually think he can get better.

Only if he can improve his right footed skills but I'm not expecting him to be here past the summer. I'm hoping he is but, if you thought the Modric saga was drawn out then this will be a lot bigger still, will be very hard to keep hold of him unless he 100% wants to stay.

Only if he can improve his right footed skills but I'm not expecting him to be here past the summer. I'm hoping he is but, if you thought the Modric saga was drawn out then this will be a lot bigger still, will be very hard to keep hold of him unless he 100% wants to stay.

If we can finish in the top 4 I don't see why we can't keep him.

Deluded Gooners on Facebook (one of which goes to every game) trying to tell me Walcott is better than Bale.

Their argument is Walcott has more goals and assists this season so he must be better.

LOL.

Take no notice

A gooner told me last season Frimpong is better than Sandro

Madrid don't even have their manager in place for next season yet, bit presumptuous to assume they will want bale

Bale was magnificent only when BAE came on.

So here is a question does Bale need BAE the same way the maybe for example Keane needed Berbatov (Keane was brilliant when Berbatov was here)

LOL.

Bearing in mind that they are the same age, one of them is being linked with a £50m+ move to Real Madrid and one of them was recently being linked with a free transfer to Liverpool. Go figure.

If we can finish in the top 4 I don't see why we can't keep him.

I agree, but dont see him staying for say 5 years. THink we can keep him for a couple years but that eventually he'll go to Barca or Real. Still, if we can get CL football this year and bring in a decent CF in the summer along with other reinforcement (e.g. competition for Dembele, cover out wide) then think we can have a great couple years

Madrid don't even have their manager in place for next season yet, bit presumptuous to assume they will want bale

They can be a bit Chelsea-esque at times in the way they sign players, and regardless of that fact you'd be hard pressed to find a manager that wouldn't want Bale in the squad....

I don't care what the football hipsters say, there's no one else in the PL who can do what Bale is doing right now.

Bale was magnificent only when BAE came on.

So here is a question does Bale need BAE the same way the maybe for example Keane needed Berbatov (Keane was brilliant when Berbatov was here)

I don't think so. But as a team we're quite a lot better with Ekotto than without him. He's a very good player and particularly good on the ball. With a central midfield of Parker and Dembele who didn't have his best day going forward we need other players to make purposeful forward passes, make themselves available and take part in our buildup play. Ekotto does that, as he has for a long time.

So a question. Where do you see Bale's future? Left wing or more centrally. I agree with what Sky were saying today. We have a special talent, we need to give him the ball as much as possible. For me...

---------Sandro-----Dembele--------
Lennon--------Bale----------Holtby
----------------Ade------------------

With the front four swapping around as they need to

Back