• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

When was the last time a Spurs player scored 20PL goals? Did Keane or Berbatov? Bale must be odds on to do so....

Still think his best position is tucked in just behind the forward as opposed to an out and out forward. Bit like playing him on the left wing, he has far too much ability to limit him to one role.

so say for comparison...you would rather have him occupying say bergkamps positions as opposed to Henry's position?

so say for comparison...you would rather have him occupying say bergkamps positions as opposed to Henry's position?

I'd like him to play a similar role to Ronaldo's at Madrid, which i guess is essentially what he played in the second half today. That said, i'm sure he'd be more than capable in both the positions you mentioned above too, Henry's particularly.

I'd like him to play a similar role to Ronaldo's at Madrid, which i guess is essentially what he played in the second half today. That said, i'm sure he'd be more than capable in both the positions you mentioned above too, Henry's particularly.

aha....ronaldo is a good exmaple. i want him to play like that...., actually marky said the same thing...if bale goes there this summer then will bale and ronaldo get in each others way?

incidentally ronaldo does play behind the front guy, but actually occupies the positions that henry did for arsenal.......

I hate it that Redknapp Jnr in particular was talking about our wage budget, Bale leaving, etc. I'm not comfortable with the son of our previous manager stating that we need to make changes at the club and saying Bale could get £200k per week - we know. I find it totally disrespectful to our fans. Talk about how good he is but don't go saying that he's pretty much too big for us!

Great performance from Bale, shame he couldn't get the hat-trick tho. Love what he was saying at the final whistle tho, made me laugh!

I hate it that Redknapp Jnr in particular was talking about our wage budget, Bale leaving, etc. I'm not comfortable with the son of our previous manager stating that we need to make changes at the club and saying Bale could get £200k per week - we know. I find it totally disrespectful to our fans. Talk about how good he is but don't go saying that he's pretty much too big for us!

The man is a complete idiot. I can't believe anyone out there would actually pay any attention to the things he says.

He basically praised Bale no end and said if Spurs don't increase their wage limit then players like Bale would leave. I can't see a whole lot wrong with that.

Well, there's no way we can improve our wage budget and so we can't be the biggest stage for players like Bale at the moment. We need to move to the new stadium first, have success there with regularly qualifying for the Champions League and, perhaps then, we can gradually increase the salaries that we can pay our players.

As it stands we will need to be content with buying players who are big fish in smaller ponds, or who have the potential to be great, and hoping that they can achieve their potential with us.

Bale is as good as he is going to be for us, he will either leave this summer or next summer but we will then receive circa £50m. If we invest that by signing 2 players, each at a value of £20m roughly and who each have excellent potential then perhaps this will give us the opportunity to strengthen as a team. Won't be easy replacing Bale but it's a job that will likely be faced by AVB and a challenge which AVB will have to thrive with if we are to succeed in strengthening as a team and becoming better and better with each season.

I agree Ferguson wouldnt stand for that nonsense, Sky etc are continually trying to sell our players!

Would like to see him rested in the games against Lyon. The league is the most important thing.

Agree.

..........................Adebayor
Sigurdsson.........................................Lennon
.....................Holtby........Parker
...........................Livermore

Perhaps?

Agree.

..........................Adebayor
Sigurdsson.........................................Lennon
.....................Holtby........Parker
...........................Livermore

Perhaps?

That is what i would go with as i do not really care that much about europa league and i would have carroll on the bench if we do not send him out on an emergency loan so that he gets more game time.

Do not know where we stand as regards to who is in the european squad but i would put fryers at left back and naughton at right back

Well, he's right unfortunately. Top players like Bale won't stick around long whilst we don't pay high wages AND aren't a CL regular. We do have a history of selling our top players. And when we don't go out and strenghthen our strikeforce like we should have done last month, it doesn't send out a very good message to players like Bale.

Great words from AVB:

"Most teams have to hang on to their best players, Barcelona losing Messi would be a disaster, Real Madrid losing Ronaldo would be a disaster so this is exactly the same. Teams are dependent on great organisation and also great individuals when they are able to express their football to the maximum.
There isn't a release clause in English football, it's very difficult to negotiate with Tottenham as you know and we are not willing to let our best assets go. We can't turn this into a debate every time a player does well.""

Back