• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gambling

It's a shame you don't continue the debate and instead revert to such a poor response.

My view is based on hands on experience.

Putting our differences aside. One day just go to your local bookmakers and observe those machines for an hour or so.

Put my football bet on this morning and I saw a man place over 2 grand in one. He played the money in segments, just like how people play fruit machines. Staked money, lost it and staked some more as he got suckered in expecting the next spin to pay somthing back.

His face after said a thousand words.

I dunno so much about "poor" - I'm just being honest fella; saves your time, and mine.

I'm of the opinion that people should do with their money what they want, but I don't like the fact that certain television channels turn into telephone roulette (or whatever it is) at a certain time of night, abandoning any attempt at programming. I could also live without all the adverts, especially Dayo's avatar guy, who was funny the first time.

Well around 2 years ago i opened up a paddy power account alone and topped it up with ?ú20. I said to myself i'll never top that ?ú20 up and see where it takes me. I've now got ?ú570 in my account. To me only ?ú20 of that is technically my money so being that i've never actually seen the money i make reckless bets and see where it takes me. If i lose it all so what?

I do bet on Greyhounds by the Ladbrokes by my work though. Not very often but it's something i like doing occasionally.

Do you have name tourettes?

Tarquin!

Ha, ha. No, it's a sign off. this is who I am, not Gilzeantoscore. I think more people should do it. It personalizes the banter. But if it upsets people, then I will desist!

Gary Roger Johnson B.A., Dip. Ed.

Last edited:
Ha, ha. No, it's a sign off. this is who I am, not Gilzeantoscore. I think more people should do it. It personalizes the banter. But if it upsets people, then I will desist!

Gary Roger Johnson B.A., Dip. Ed.

It's not a problem with me, me old mucker

Sheamus!

Well around 2 years ago i opened up a paddy power account alone and topped it up with ?ú20. I said to myself i'll never top that ?ú20 up and see where it takes me. I've now got ?ú570 in my account. To me only ?ú20 of that is technically my money so being that i've never actually seen the money i make reckless bets and see where it takes me. If i lose it all so what?

I do bet on Greyhounds by the Ladbrokes by my work though. Not very often but it's something i like doing occasionally.

Not bad going, but you could be doing so much better.

Yes you've only dropped ?ú20 into it. Fair do's. But it's taken you 2 years to only get it to ?ú570. If you lost it all, then you'd think 'fudge me, what a waste of 2yrs!'. If I was you, and happy to play with small sums, then I'd withdraw the ?ú500, and just play around with the ?ú70 left. At least then you can enjoy what those 2yrs represent in financial terms.

Not bad going, but you could be doing so much better.

Yes you've only dropped ?ú20 into it. Fair do's. But it's taken you 2 years to only get it to ?ú570. If you lost it all, then you'd think 'fudge me, what a waste of 2yrs!'. If I was you, and happy to play with small sums, then I'd withdraw the ?ú500, and just play around with the ?ú70 left. At least then you can enjoy what those 2yrs represent in financial terms.

?ú550 now thanks to Ac Milan not winning:roll eyes:.

i wouldn't think 'what a waste of two years' tbh. If i withdraw the ?ú500 will it change my life? no. Tbh i wouldn't even know ?ú500 was missing from my account if it went missing so i guess i wouldn't be able to tell if it was added on (not saying i have loads of money btw but i'm careless when it comes to checking my account). If/when it gets to a substantial amount (say 1k) i'll withdraw it but right now i don't think it's worth it really.

i wouldn't think 'what a waste of two years' tbh. If i withdraw the ?ú500 will it change my life? no. Tbh i wouldn't even know ?ú500 was missing from my account if it went missing so i guess i wouldn't be able to tell if it was added on (not saying i have loads of money btw but i'm careless when it comes to checking my account). If/when it gets to a substantial amount (say 1k) i'll withdraw it but right now i don't think it's worth it really.

I say put ?ú500 on Chelsea to qualify for next round of the FA Cup

Take one for the team

But you could upgrade your sofa! :D

Back