• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franck Kessié

True in itself.

Wages is always, 100%, money gone out of the club.

Transfer fees can be offset by selling the player at a later stage. Yes, perhaps we could sell Kessie at some point and get some money in. However, massive wages will almost always make a sale that much more difficult, often it will drive down transfer fees.

Then the impact on the wages of other players. I rate Kessie, but still, its he the player we break (or demolish) our wage structure to get?

Part of the problem with Ndombele is the massive total cost of the deal of he doesn't come good. He was poor record signing on massive wages. If that's the benchmark it's the highest possible benchmark.

Not against signing Kessie at all, but the wages being talked about certainly leave some doubt in my mind.
You don’t break the wages structure
You give him a BIG signing on fee
The issue then though is your guaranteeing him that money
Whereas you sign him with no signing fee on £300k… after 2 years we want rid… if we had agree a big signing fee he would be entitled to that. This way we can sell him for a nominal fee recognising his high wages

Whereas you sign him with no signing fee on £300k… after 2 years we want rid… if we had agree a big signing fee he would be entitled to that. This way we can sell him for a nominal fee recognising his high wages

I thought signing fees were a bit of a misnomer and that usually what is referred to as a signing fee is paid out over time as bonuses and such?

Player X already with us is in contract negotiations for a new deal. His agent knows more or less what Kessie got for signing for us. Is he "fooled" by some of that money being paid either as a lump sum signing fee or as bonuses over a contract rather than as wages? I doubt it.

Levy: No, we're only paying him 200k p/w. There's other money going to him, but that's not related to his wages.
Agent: Oh, OK. I'll just disregard that other money since you cleverly paid it out as a signing fee, not as wages. You clever rascal, really got me there. Here I was thinking that I would get proportional wages to your best paid player.

If that agent exists I hope he represents a lot of our players in contract negotiations.

I thought signing fees were a bit of a misnomer and that usually what is referred to as a signing fee is paid out over time as bonuses and such?

Player X already with us is in contract negotiations for a new deal. His agent knows more or less what Kessie got for signing for us. Is he "fooled" by some of that money being paid either as a lump sum signing fee or as bonuses over a contract rather than as wages? I doubt it.

Levy: No, we're only paying him 200k p/w. There's other money going to him, but that's not related to his wages.
Agent: Oh, OK. I'll just disregard that other money since you cleverly paid it out as a signing fee, not as wages. You clever rascal, really got me there. Here I was thinking that I would get proportional wages to your best paid player.

If that agent exists I hope he represents a lot of our players in contract negotiations.
That’s certainly how they work. But their due regardless of how long the players remains at the club

It’s the same thing…. Every player’s contract at Spurs will consist of a signing on portion and wage portion. Kane’s 300k a week at Spurs was probably a £25m signing on fee (which is typically always spread over the contract anyway) and then £10m a year wages (including bonuses).

According to the Mirror Liverpool have made him an offer, now I would totally understand why he would choose them instead of us

Future afcons will be played in june and july so as not to interfere with other competitions.

The month in which the tournament will be held in, will ultimately depend on which country is hosting the tournament, lets face it the World Cup is not normally held in December

The month in which the tournament will be held in, will ultimately depend on which country is hosting the tournament, lets face it the World Cup is not normally held in December

Ivory cost will be hosting the next one in june 2023.

Back